MMS with WiFi off?

Search This thread

Deathbynukes

Aug 4, 2012
I've been on stock as well as venom rom and insertcoin, but none of them seem to be able to send or receive MMS without mobile data being on. Any ideas?

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I've been on stock as well as venom rom and insertcoin, but none of them seem to be able to send or receive MMS without mobile data being on. Any ideas?

I believe this is a Verizon thing.
4G *should* kick on automatically when recieving an MMS message.
If you watch closely when one is coming in and you have wifi on you can see the 4g icon appear as the MMS finally comes threw.
I am not sure why they choose do to this to us, but I don't believe there is a way to make it work over wifi (that I am aware of anyway)

Reactions: Deathbynukes

Deathbynukes

Aug 4, 2012
If you watch closely when one is coming in and you have wifi on you can see the 4g icon appear as the MMS finally comes threw.
I am not sure why they choose do to this to us, but I don't believe there is a way to make it work over wifi (that I am aware of anyway)

Ah okay. I'm wondering if there would be a way to momentarily switch data on to send or receive MMS. Keeping mobile data on all the time seems like a waste

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
That's so strange.

Does it do this on AOSP ROMs too, and other VZW phones?

Deathbynukes

Aug 4, 2012
For me personally, on my ROM, the 4g will kick on automatically if you are sending/receiving an MMS message so you don't have to keep mobile data on

Awesome, I might give bonestock a try then. Is that something you had to implement in your rom, or should that be an included feature on stock?

That's so strange.

Does it do this on AOSP ROMs too, and other VZW phones?

It happened to me when I had my s3 on Verizon as well (running aosp)

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Awesome, I might give bonestock a try then. Is that something you had to implement in your rom, or should that be an included feature on stock?

It happened to me when I had my s3 on Verizon as well (running aosp)

Nothing I did AFAIK. I did try out cm11 today and had to manually turn on 4g so perhaps its an aosp thing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.