Android 4.4.4 Camera Problem

Search This thread
Aug 23, 2014
I recently updated to Android 4.4.4 on my Xperia Z1S and from then on, every time I take a picture, my camera just freezes and I have to lock and unlock in order to get out of the freeze. I haven't been able to take a picture since that time. Oh and btw, my phone is not rooted in any way.

Is there a fix for this? Or do I have to rollback to the previous version?

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

EarlShannons

Feb 22, 2014
I recently updated to Android 4.4.4 on my Xperia Z1S and from then on, every time I take a picture, my camera just freezes and I have to lock and unlock in order to get out of the freeze. I haven't been able to take a picture since that time. Oh and btw, my phone is not rooted in any way.

Is there a fix for this? Or do I have to rollback to the previous version?

I am also experiencing this issue on my C6903, but not very ofter, would say hardly ever it occurs. Guess it is just application problem.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Reflash what rom? I'm not using a rom atm. It's the regular phone that hasn't been rooted

You are using a rom, its called stock.

Try forcing a repair using pccompanion.
Run it, choose software update and if it says you have the latest software click on the blue "Repair your device" in the dialog box.
This will wipe your phone but will repair the phone

khagenmgr

Jun 19, 2013
dubai
I am planing to buy this week z1 o3 model for my bro... So is it better to stay on 4.3 jelly bean!! Since i read some camera problems on kitkat. Any good advice .
Thanks

Sent from my MT27i using XDA Free mobile app

Kanes_Inferno

Jul 13, 2012
Lewisville, TX
I am planing to buy this week z1 o3 model for my bro... So is it better to stay on 4.3 jelly bean!! Since i read some camera problems on kitkat. Any good advice .
Thanks

I haven't had any camera issues on kit kat, it's actually better for me than it was on 4.3.

Reactions: khagenmgr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

I haven't had any camera issues on kit kat, it's actually better for me than it was on 4.3.