[TUT]How to ROOT LAVA IRIS n320/n350[CWM] [CONFIRM WORKING]

Search This thread

stealthroot

Jan 24, 2013
Hey XDA folks i own a LAVA IRIS n320 (Basic Droid Phone) for past months i tried to search various methods of rooting it and installing the clockworkmod on the device.

Device Specifications are listed here : http://www.fonearena.com/lava-iris-n320_2372.html
N350 : http://www.fonearena.com/lava-iris-n350_2371.html

First of all i could like to thank @getmesar due to his method i got it work ! Love ya dude ! :laugh: :good: :good:

These devices are almost the same hardware specs With both being Meditak MT6575 Chipset Hardware :highfive::highfive:

NOTE:THIS CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE IF YOU DID NOT DO PROPERLY I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPEN TO DO YOUR DEVICE.

Let the Rooting Process Began :

We Need Following things ::cyclops:

1.MTKDROID root and tools : Here
2.SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01 : Here
3.Drivers : MediaTek-1.1123.0 : Here

Got rOOt?

1.Making the Scatter File :
Open the MTKdroid tools and create the scatter file as shown in the pic and save the file in a good place(where you can remember)
Kc2SVhu.png

2.Prepare the Scatter File: Open the SP TOOLS where you downloaded from above load the scatter file which we created
Q1AMDFy.png

3.Preparing the ROm :
Click on the button ADD. Double click on the line and save the ROM.
#Things To notice: The filename Will be like "ROM_#". in your case probably it'll be ROM_0.
#Remember the path of the File. U'll use this file later.

Alfter Clicking Save a new Window will appear named as "Read Back Block Start Address"
Windows Settings Will be as below
Type: Hex
Read Method:Read Page Only
Start Address: 0x0000000000000000
Length:0x12BA0000

5P9o74C.png

W0T91qJ.png

qfDtrOW.png

4.Reading the Rom :
Click on Read ROM with the phone switched off and connected to the PC

Follow these Steps Carefully.Once Rom is Created you can use it in future.On success you'll see a BIG GREEN CIRCLE embded in a message box.

TtQGeMx.png

5.Prepare files for FlashTool and make CWM:
Open the MTK Droid Root & Tools window which we left on 1st step.it is necessary to turn on phone and to connect it to the program. Click on To process file ROM_ from FlashTool button and choose the ROM_* file saved earlier. At successful unpacking rom it will be offered to choose CWM from similar phone. Chosen CWM it is checked on compliance to the connected phone and if ok, the CWM is created.
A new scatter file and other neccessary files are created in the backup folder in droid root program's directory.you'll need the files in the next step.

Gu3tswg.png

cefisvJ.png

yMn5dCG.png

6.Download new CWM to the phone:

Start FlashTool, choose scatter in the folder created on the previous step. Remove marks from all blocks! Click on RECOVERY and we choose the file CWM in the same folder which was created on the previous step. Click Download and connect a cable to PC (phone has to be switched off) and expect the end of process.
NOTE :eek:n this step the CWM recovery block has to be marked only! Also it is necessary to use only the Download button and not to use at all the Firmware Upgrade button!

Summary of step 6:
--> Click on Scatter-loading.Select Scatter file from the backup folder.
--> Make Sure all the checkboxes are unchecked. Only Recovery should be Checked.
--> Click Exactly over Recovery.
--> It will ask you to select a file. Now select a Recovery file created in step 6. Tt must be inside backup folder named as "Recovery_###.img"
--> Click Button Download.
--> Connect SWITCHED OFF phone.

KrJjc1M.png

Green SYMBOL MEANS YOU ARE DONE :p ;););););) :good: :confused: :eek:

NOTE: USE THE ADB TO ACCESS THE RECOVERY

COMMAND : adb reboot recovery

This is because the keys dont work

7. Install Superuser.
Load phone in CWM mode, connect to MTK Droid Root & Tools, go on the tab root, backup, recovery and, pressing on this tab
- install superuser

wRyzij0.png

Voila You now have ROOT access ! enjoy ~

Any Questions Post below or Pm :D

Need more Devs who can contribute more to this good device .

Reactions: abhishek_al

abhishek_al

Jan 16, 2014
plz upload cwm

plz upload the cwm recovery img which u created. i dont have a pc so i cant use mtk droid tools plz upload and +1 thanks for this great tut bro.

Reactions: masterofandroid

stealthroot

Jan 24, 2013
GUys you cannot me this without pc i am sorry but all the ones are clearly mentioned there please have a look

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey XDA folks i own a LAVA IRIS n320 (Basic Droid Phone) for past months i tried to search various methods of rooting it and installing the clockworkmod on the device.

Device Specifications are listed here : http://www.fonearena.com/lava-iris-n320_2372.html
    N350 : http://www.fonearena.com/lava-iris-n350_2371.html

First of all i could like to thank @getmesar due to his method i got it work ! Love ya dude ! :laugh: :good: :good:

These devices are almost the same hardware specs With both being Meditak MT6575 Chipset Hardware :highfive::highfive:

NOTE:THIS CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE IF YOU DID NOT DO PROPERLY I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPEN TO DO YOUR DEVICE.

Let the Rooting Process Began :

We Need Following things ::cyclops:

1.MTKDROID root and tools : Here
    2.SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01 : Here
    3.Drivers : MediaTek-1.1123.0 : Here

Got rOOt?

1.Making the Scatter File :
    Open the MTKdroid tools and create the scatter file as shown in the pic and save the file in a good place(where you can remember)
    Kc2SVhu.png

2.Prepare the Scatter File: Open the SP TOOLS where you downloaded from above load the scatter file which we created
    Q1AMDFy.png

3.Preparing the ROm :
    Click on the button ADD. Double click on the line and save the ROM.
    #Things To notice: The filename Will be like "ROM_#". in your case probably it'll be ROM_0.
    #Remember the path of the File. U'll use this file later.

Alfter Clicking Save a new Window will appear named as "Read Back Block Start Address"
    Windows Settings Will be as below
    Type: Hex
    Read Method:Read Page Only
    Start Address: 0x0000000000000000
    Length:0x12BA0000

5P9o74C.png

W0T91qJ.png

qfDtrOW.png

4.Reading the Rom :
    Click on Read ROM with the phone switched off and connected to the PC

Follow these Steps Carefully.Once Rom is Created you can use it in future.On success you'll see a BIG GREEN CIRCLE embded in a message box.

TtQGeMx.png

5.Prepare files for FlashTool and make CWM:
    Open the MTK Droid Root & Tools window which we left on 1st step.it is necessary to turn on phone and to connect it to the program. Click on To process file ROM_ from FlashTool button and choose the ROM_* file saved earlier. At successful unpacking rom it will be offered to choose CWM from similar phone. Chosen CWM it is checked on compliance to the connected phone and if ok, the CWM is created.
    A new scatter file and other neccessary files are created in the backup folder in droid root program's directory.you'll need the files in the next step.

Gu3tswg.png

cefisvJ.png

yMn5dCG.png

6.Download new CWM to the phone:

Start FlashTool, choose scatter in the folder created on the previous step. Remove marks from all blocks! Click on RECOVERY and we choose the file CWM in the same folder which was created on the previous step. Click Download and connect a cable to PC (phone has to be switched off) and expect the end of process.
    NOTE :eek:n this step the CWM recovery block has to be marked only! Also it is necessary to use only the Download button and not to use at all the Firmware Upgrade button!

Summary of step 6:
    --> Click on Scatter-loading.Select Scatter file from the backup folder.
    --> Make Sure all the checkboxes are unchecked. Only Recovery should be Checked.
    --> Click Exactly over Recovery.
    --> It will ask you to select a file. Now select a Recovery file created in step 6. Tt must be inside backup folder named as "Recovery_###.img"
    --> Click Button Download.
    --> Connect SWITCHED OFF phone.

KrJjc1M.png

Green SYMBOL MEANS YOU ARE DONE :p ;););););) :good: :confused: :eek:

NOTE: USE THE ADB TO ACCESS THE RECOVERY

COMMAND : adb reboot recovery

This is because the keys dont work

7. Install Superuser.
    Load phone in CWM mode, connect to MTK Droid Root & Tools, go on the tab root, backup, recovery and, pressing on this tab
    - install superuser

wRyzij0.png

Voila You now have ROOT access ! enjoy ~

Any Questions Post below or Pm :D

Need more Devs who can contribute more to this good device .
    need CWM

plz upload cwm recovery img file for lava n320.
    plz upload cwm

plz upload the cwm recovery img which u created. i dont have a pc so i cant use mtk droid tools plz upload and +1 thanks for this great tut bro.
    upload cwm

hey bro plz upload cwm img for my lava n320 i dont have pc i cant create without pc plz upload