Installed CM10.2.1 on Nook HD-won't boot

Search This thread
I installed the stable build CM10.2 on my Nook HD following the "Installing Cyanogen mod for dummies" thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317500 Everything seemed to install as it should but now the Nook will not get past the Cyanogenmod screen with the logo and the spinning arrow. I see the Cyanoboot universal bootloader screen and then arrow circling the Android head and there it stays. Anything I can do other than go thru the installation process again? I should note that during the zip file installations, there were error messages referencing an E: drive but then I got messages saying installation complete after each zip file was installed.

Anything I can do other than go thru the installation process again and hope for a better outcome?

Edit: I booted from the SD card and got the CWM-based recovery v6.0.2.7 - Stock menu. At the bottom of the screen I have the following error messages:

E: Can't mount /cache/recover/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recover/log
E: Can't open /cache/recover/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recover/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recover/last_log

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Boot to CWM and go to the advanced menu and wipe the dalvik cache. If that does not help, do a factory reset with CWM.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Boot to CWM and go to the advanced menu and wipe the dalvik cache. If that does not help, do a factory reset with CWM.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks. I went ahead and did a factory reset and then installed 10.1.3. That worked. I got none of those error messages and it booted into CM. I'm up and running. I doubt I'll notice much difference between 10.1.3 and 10.2.1.