ViperX 4.0.7 Error

Search This thread

maulik90

Nov 27, 2013
Got such error while installing viperx rom.. please help me out....

AROMA Installer version 2.70RC2
(c) 2013 by amarullz xda-developers

ROM Name : ViperX
ROM Version : 4.0.7
ROM Author : m0narX & Ivicask
Device : HTC One X
Start at : Thu Feb 20 18:12:34 2014

>>> Checking Model ID
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "endeavoru" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "endeavoru" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "endeavoru"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "endeavoru" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "endeavoru" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "endeavoru"

Installer Error (Status 7)

End at : Thu Feb 20 18:12:34 2014

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: screwgoth

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow

>>> Checking Model ID
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "endeavoru" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "endeavoru" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "endeavoru"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "endeavoru" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "endeavoru" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "endeavoru"

Sent from my HTC One X
my god, we answered this question many times in many threads... install philz 5.15.9, will fix... next time search in ViperX thread, the answer is already there...

Last edited:

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
thank you so much for giving me the information...
i flashed viperx 4.0.7 rom with phlinz recovery 5.13. it has been started installation but after 6% of installation, phone was restated and installation failed and one more thing i have hboot 1.73 with my phone... so it may cause to failure of installation ????
try to wipe everything (hit "Clean to install a new rom" in Wipe Data/Factory Reset menu) via recovery and wipe only cache in aorma installer...

Last edited:

maulik90

Nov 27, 2013
try to wipe everything (hit "Clean to install a new rom" in Wipe Data/Factory Reset menu) via recovery and wipe only cache in aorma installer...

I did full flash to install viperx 4.0.7 but still same error continues. what to do ? is it possible that i have hboot version 1.73 is not supported...???
Thank you..:(

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Your hboot is supported, it's on your end ! Or you didn't flash the proper recovery or you are taking a wrong turn. Why don't you explain EVERY step you take along the way. And tell us on what recovery you are atm....not only the type but tell also the version number and be exact !

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
as i said before, wipe everything in philz recovery, then select "install zip" and choose the rom zip; when aroma installer asks you what to wipe select only cache... obviously do all this things after flashing boot.img via fastboot and erasing cache using this command: fastboot erase cache

Reactions: valar morghulis

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
You only make a full wipe in the recovery. In the aroma you choose cache wipe only.

kamran1310

Mar 2, 2014
assert failed

hey guys
i'm facing the same problem in viperx 4.0.7
my hboot version is 1.73 and i'm using philz recovery
here is what i do:
in the fastboot mode, i flash the boot.img followed by erase cache
then in the recovery, i perform a wipe followed by choose rom from sd card
then i get the aroma installer in which i get 3 options: perform a full wipe, install only and update only
i tried either one of the options but i got the same error: assertfailed:getprop("ro.product.device")=="endeavouru".....

facing the same problem with maximus hd 21 too

where did i go wrong...please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

>>> Checking Model ID

Sent from my HTC One X
    my god, we answered this question many times in many threads... install philz 5.15.9, will fix... next time search in ViperX thread, the answer is already there...
    And post questions in the Q&A section, not in the general section !!!

>>> Checking Model ID

Sent from my HTC One X
    And post questions in the Q&A section, not in the general section !!!

it's also there http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655713
    as i said before, wipe everything in philz recovery, then select "install zip" and choose the rom zip; when aroma installer asks you what to wipe select only cache... obviously do all this things after flashing boot.img via fastboot and erasing cache using this command: fastboot erase cache