[LINK][ODIN][TAR][VZW] SCH-I545 VRUAME7 Factory Image

Search This thread

joderme

Jun 13, 2010
VRUAME7 is impervious to previous bootloader bypass methods. Proceed at your own discretion.

I have not yet delved into the files to see exactly what is included here over MDK. A few users have reported Apps2SD being included and a change in phone status that now displays a "Secure Boot Status Field" in addition to the SELinux Status field.

Flash this file in ODIN (under the PDA section) while your phone is in download mode to restore or upgrade to ME7. This will wipe your phone.

Linky: http://invisiblek.org/sch-i545/SCH-I545_VZW_1_20130613171315_24s13crny1_fac.zip
MD5: 622956872fa0083188beab3a78a21b1c

Special thanks to invisiblek for the space to host this!

Last edited:

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
We need a guinea pig to flash this then to try flash back to the old build to see if it's possible for those that want to root. Apparently this new build blocks flashing the pre-release kernel which will kill our ability to root (at this time ;)). I'd like to get the radios yanked out of the new build so that we can see if they're any better than what's in the old builds.

Ryno77

Feb 13, 2012
We need a guinea pig to flash this then to try flash back to the old build to see if it's possible for those that want to root. Apparently this new build blocks flashing the pre-release kernel which will kill our ability to root (at this time ;)). I'd like to get the radios yanked out of the new build so that we can see if they're any better than what's in the old builds.

Already been tested by openyoureyes and you cannot flash back via Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

318sugarhill

Aug 31, 2010
Awesome. Thanks for the info... now to just get the shiny bits pulled :) Anyone tried to use OTA rootkeeper to retain root through the update?

This is not an OTA. You have to use Verizon's software updater on your computer to get the update. And it's been reported that root keeper apps aren't working.

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
This is not an OTA. You have to use Verizon's software updater on your computer to get the update. And it's been reported that root keeper apps aren't working.

OTA rootkeeper is the name of the app. I'm aware that this isn't an OTA (yet). The application creates a backup copy of your SU so that you can restore it post-update (regardless of update method). It's a method that's been being used on Motorola phones for the better part of 2 years now to retain root through updates. It is file system dependent though and I'm not sure it's supported on samsung phones. Just curious if anyone had tried this particular app yet.

Last edited:

Rnd0209

Nov 20, 2010
Can we flash this file that the OP posted or only way to update is through Kids on a PC or Mac?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

ccrazythunder

May 9, 2009
OTA rootkeeper is the name of the app. I'm aware that this isn't an OTA (yet). The application creates a backup copy of your SU so that you can restore it post-update (regardless of update method). It's a method that's been being used on Motorola phones for the better part of 2 years now to retain root through updates. It is file system dependent though and I'm not sure it's supported on samsung phones. Just curious if anyone had tried this particular app yet.

Give it a try and report back. You seem to have a better understanding of the app than most so you would make a good candidate to try it.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Flashed and it works? Just lost your root right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Yes. However the build does have some bugs. The apps 2 sd "feature" seems to be causing apps to think there is no sd installed on my phone. Also, my wifi is totally borked. It connects and gas full bars but transfers at less than 1 Mbps. I have a 50Mbps connection.

orcsbane13

Apr 6, 2010
Yes. However the build does have some bugs. The apps 2 sd "feature" seems to be causing apps to think there is no sd installed on my phone. Also, my wifi is totally borked. It connects and gas full bars but transfers at less than 1 Mbps. I have a 50Mbps connection.

I flashed this last night with no problems from my wifi. I was able to stream hd with no hiccups. I haven't tried the apps2sd yet because I don't a storage issue. Otherwise works great. Less lag, wifi toggle by default, less heat while watching videos and playing games.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
I flashed this last night with no problems from my wifi. I was able to stream hd with no hiccups. I haven't tried the apps2sd yet because I don't a storage issue. Otherwise works great. Less lag, wifi toggle by default, less heat while watching videos and playing games.

My wifi is definitely jacked. And spotify doesnt work worth crap now either. Keeps opening to a blank white screen.

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010

Wifi toggle, huh? Was the ongoing WiFi notification removed ?

orcsbane13

Apr 6, 2010
Wifi toggle, huh? Was the ongoing WiFi notification removed ?

Nope, still there.

uploadfromtaptalk1373482125010.jpguploadfromtaptalk1373482140539.jpg
3aqu5yzy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: barnacles10

Top Liked Posts