Phone dialler

Search This thread

kenrw7

Dec 19, 2012
Hi does any one have the nexus 5 phone dialler as an apk file. This allows for Google now search contacts and for places nearby.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

droiduser1988

Oct 7, 2010
Cleveland, OH
This has been a question asked when the N5 came out. I don't think anyone has pulled the dialer apk from the N5. I was disappointed when I realized that feature wasn't present after the kit kat update. Perhaps it's an exclusive feature of the N5. I've been using "contakts" for my dialer and contact list and have been happy with it. I love the translucency provided by 4.4 and its GUI. Here's the play link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raunaqsawhney.contakts

Reactions: pbaldw10

kenrw7

Dec 19, 2012
Mr Orange 645,

Thank you but the mega link is not available and that app crashes. Also Googledialer is not on the play web site. Some have said to rename files but as I'm not rooted I cant.

Droiduser1988

Thanks for contakts app but really want the N5 dialler.

Just shows that the Moto X is not vanilla android as stated

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

1ad_m12

Apr 26, 2014
Lodi
I used the file manager inside of safestrap to install the apk in /system/priv-app, then changed permissions with chmod 755. There is an app in the play store called QuickShortcutMaker that allows you to create a widget of any activity. This means that you don't have to use Nova launcher to launch the Google dialer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This has been a question asked when the N5 came out. I don't think anyone has pulled the dialer apk from the N5. I was disappointed when I realized that feature wasn't present after the kit kat update. Perhaps it's an exclusive feature of the N5. I've been using "contakts" for my dialer and contact list and have been happy with it. I love the translucency provided by 4.4 and its GUI. Here's the play link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raunaqsawhney.contakts