[Q] Auto Rotation Glitch

Search This thread

Twisked

May 22, 2014
I'm on a rooted Note 3 (Verizon), running 4.3

Recently I began experiencing the annoying auto rotation glitch. Seems to be completely random too. Restarting the phone removes the glitch - but it eventually comes back. I've tried pretty much everything but nothing gets rid of this glitch other than restarting the phone.

I did find this thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53138619

...I'm new to rooting, I see that this solution is for 4.4 so I'm hesitant to try it.

Anyone run into this glitch and found a cure? Will the solution found in that thread work under 4.3? Is it worth a shot to try it (I haven't tried it 'cause I don't know if it'll cause problems since I'm on 4.3)?

Morkai Almandragon

Jan 29, 2009
You may want to let us know exactly what the glitch is. Does it not rotate? I know on my current build which is stock, it almost always rotates once when I open the browser no matter what orientation the phone is in.

Twisked

May 22, 2014
You may want to let us know exactly what the glitch is. Does it not rotate? I know on my current build which is stock, it almost always rotates once when I open the browser no matter what orientation the phone is in.

The Note 3 will stop automatically rotating the screen. The thing is, it's totally random. Sometimes it'll stop right away, sometimes it might be fine 'til the end of the day and then it stops.

I've been closely monitoring what apps I'm running when it happens, can't seem to find a culprit.

Restarting the phone fixes the glitch, but it's just annoying to have to restart the phone to get auto rotation back.

I've poured through what seems like hundreds of threads trying to find a fix. I've turned auto rotation on then off of course along with so many other tips and tricks that folks have suggested.

EDIT: But that thread I linked to above was the first one to suggest modifying a file to restore auto rotation. I'm a noob so I just don't want to immediately do that without askin' if it should work for me or not though.

Last edited: