SCRIPT: NookColor Auto Config

Search This thread

Mistar Muffin

Aug 11, 2009
This script is not compatible with NookColor software 1.01. I will probably not be updating it. All of my work on Gmail, the Market, GTalk, and this script has been rolled into GabrialDestruir's AutoNooter sdcard image. I recommend using AutoNooter as it provides everything my script does with one less step and fewer requirements (like Linux).

UPDATE 12/15/10 - Version 1.2
ADDITIONS
* Modified Droid X Multitouch Keyboard
* Working Google Talk

UPDATE 12/13/10 - Version 1.1
BUG FIXES
* YouTube would sometimes fail to install because the package manager was not running
* Device might reboot in the middle of the script leaving the process incomplete

I wrote a linux script that will automatically do the following:

* Enable APK installs directly on the device
* Enable Live Wallpapers
* Enable Multitouch for certain apps (Google Maps, etc)
* Download and extract the Google Apps (Market, Gmail, etc) to the proper place on your NC and set permissions
* Download and install Youtube
* Edit build.prop and packages.xml to enable Gmail and Market, and Talk
* Generate an AndroidId for the Market. The Android emulator is no longer required.
* Modify the fingerprint of your device to emulate a Verizon Droid Eris running Android 2.1. This will let you access protected apps in the Market that would be otherwise hidden. (SlingPlayer is one)

Requirements:
* Already nootered and have Superuser

This script is intended automate much of the process after the first two requirements are met. I recommend a complete wipe, followed by nooter and z4root and then my script last.

If you are using a version of the SDK older than r08 (Android 2.3) make sure to open the script in a text editor and follow the instructions at the top.

You will need to connect the NookColor via USB. Be sure to eject both the 4gb internal partition (/media) and the sdcard from your OS before running my script!

From a terminal, cd to your adb directory and run these commands:
wget http://muffinworld.net/android/nookcolor/NookColor-Config
chmod +x NookColor-Config
sudo ./NookColor-Config
Press the Home button on your device. If you get the Google Setup Wizard, skip the sign in. Run the YouTube app and hit menu->My Channel. Log in with your Gmail account and press the Home button. Reboot device.

Gmail and the Android Market should work.

Last edited:

king conan

Jan 20, 2010
Awesome. Thank you!

I'll try before restore mi NC...

Edit:

can anyone help with the terminal stuff?

What terminal application is recomended and what settings are neccesary to input those lines?

thanks!

Last edited:

Ophbalance

Jul 12, 2008
Awesome. Thank you!

I'll try before restore mi NC...

Edit:

can anyone help with the terminal stuff?

What terminal application is recomended and what settings are neccesary to input those lines?

thanks!

Are you running windows or linux? The commands listed here will likely only run under linux... and maybe cygwin?

ZeroSX

Jan 28, 2010
Miami
Need a linux partition set up then methinks :p

idk if Cygwin would work properly with adb, too much stuff to go wrong imo.

Last edited:

Ellerbestyle

Jun 16, 2010
I am assuming since it will think it is a Verizon Droid Eris then the NFL app will work also? This will be awesome since I watched part of the eagles game last night on the way home from my hockey game.

msid

Dec 1, 2010
I modified the script to work on mac os - just remove the .txt extension.

You need to have the path to the sdk in your bash_profile.

Attachments

• NookColor-Config.sh.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 98

Rotordroid

Mar 14, 2010
It seemed to work fine other than the live wallpapers bit, but nothing happens when I hit the home button. :(

My experience is once the settings.db change is applied for the App Install mod, the home button no longer works to return you to the home screen. I haven't figured out why yet unless it is a permissions issue on the settings.db file

EDIT: This is for the native NC Launcher. If you choose a Launcher replacement I don't think this is an issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This script is not compatible with NookColor software 1.01. I will probably not be updating it. All of my work on Gmail, the Market, GTalk, and this script has been rolled into GabrialDestruir's AutoNooter sdcard image. I recommend using AutoNooter as it provides everything my script does with one less step and fewer requirements (like Linux).

UPDATE 12/15/10 - Version 1.2
    ADDITIONS
    * Modified Droid X Multitouch Keyboard
    * Working Google Talk

UPDATE 12/13/10 - Version 1.1
    BUG FIXES
    * YouTube would sometimes fail to install because the package manager was not running
    * Device might reboot in the middle of the script leaving the process incomplete

I wrote a linux script that will automatically do the following:

* Enable Live Wallpapers
    * Download and extract the Google Apps (Market, Gmail, etc) to the proper place on your NC and set permissions
    * Edit build.prop and packages.xml to enable Gmail and Market, and Talk
    * Generate an AndroidId for the Market. The Android emulator is no longer required.
    * Modify the fingerprint of your device to emulate a Verizon Droid Eris running Android 2.1. This will let you access protected apps in the Market that would be otherwise hidden. (SlingPlayer is one)

Requirements:
    * Already nootered and have Superuser

This script is intended automate much of the process after the first two requirements are met. I recommend a complete wipe, followed by nooter and z4root and then my script last.

If you are using a version of the SDK older than r08 (Android 2.3) make sure to open the script in a text editor and follow the instructions at the top.

You will need to connect the NookColor via USB. Be sure to eject both the 4gb internal partition (/media) and the sdcard from your OS before running my script!

From a terminal, cd to your adb directory and run these commands:
    wget http://muffinworld.net/android/nookcolor/NookColor-Config
    chmod +x NookColor-Config
    sudo ./NookColor-Config
    Press the Home button on your device. If you get the Google Setup Wizard, skip the sign in. Run the YouTube app and hit menu->My Channel. Log in with your Gmail account and press the Home button. Reboot device.

Gmail and the Android Market should work.
    windows version. Version 5 still buggy. Please hold off until I get a really universally working version
    Windows auto-market script

Windows auto-market script

autonook_0.5.zip http://www.mediafire.com/?n4aj0not6bwbfm2

Just uploaded

autonook_0.8.zip http://www.mediafire.com/?7w3njmzoji0dngj

1) More sanity checks

... a) Checks for the ability to write in the dir.
    ... b) Checks for the ability to write TO the nook
    ... c) Checks that adb.exe is in the folder

2) Better order

3) Better job of cleaning up after itself.

This script has been tried now on four Many different PC's on four MANY different nooks.

However, until it has been "out in the wild" it has to be considered a work in progress.

So, attempt to use this at your own risk. If it fails for any reason, please note the failure here, and PM me a copy of the error messages it generated.

If it succeeds, please note that in this thread.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I think it works now, but I'm not guaranteeing.

this script (when it works) does the following:

* Install su and Superuser.apk
    * Enable Live Wallpapers
    * Download and extract the Google Apps (Market, Gmail, etc)
    * to the proper place on your NC and set permissions
    * Edit build.prop and packages.xml to enable Gmail and Market
    * Generate an AndroidId for the Market.
    * The Android emulator is no longer required.
    * Modify the fingerprint of your device to emulate a Verizon
    Droid Eris running Android 2.1.
    This will let you access protected apps in the Market
    that would be otherwise hidden. (SlingPlayer is one)

If after running this, you nook will not boot, you will need to do the two-step flash back to the out-of-the-box state.

http://nookdevs.com/Flash_back_to_clean_stock_ROM
    Awesome job...
    I'm going to work on a Windows version of this script.