[RECOVERY][i9300] TWRP 2.8.6.0 touch recovery [2015-03-26]

Search This thread

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
We have made some changes since our last release to improve our exfat performance so that it is comparable to Samsung's modules. The biggest reason not to use the Samsung modules is that they are proprietary, device/kernel specific, & aren't available from other manufacturers.
It's very easy to support.
mount command can automatically mount vfat/exfat volume by providing -t auto option or set type auto to external_sd mount point in fstab.
So, in general, you don't need to do anything special. Just mount external_sd in auto mode.
Actually, i've just replaced exfat-fuse utility with script and it works fine.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

There is another similar issue i would like to tell:
It's better to mount internal virtual sdcard card by standard android's sdcard utility instead of linking. This will make correct access rights and won't make trouble when u will access files from android later.
I've tried it and it works flawlessly.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Is there a way to make custom font in .dat format used in TWRP?
I have two devices. On phone with 720x1280 resolution, font is ok, while on phone with 480x800 font is ugly as hell. I've tried Roboto and Bluehighway (the only fonts i could find for TWRP). Both are ugly, but bluehighway is a little better, so i'm using it now. But would like to make better font, or edit existing one.

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
I post here on qwerty22's behalf (he doesn't have 10 posts yet)

Samsung GT-I9300, Firmware I9300XXELL4 (SER), TWRP 2.4.1.1 log errors in backup recovery.log:

1. /data | /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 | Size: 11622MB Used: 11007MB Free: 3736MB Backup Size: 1054MB
Length: -32768

2. Average backup rate for file systems: 4294967294 MB/sec

Lear95

Jul 26, 2012
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.1 touch recovery [2013-02-09]

Can you make the keyboard caps lock be temporary? For example if I want to write JellyBam, I need to press caps then j then caps again to disable the caps lock.. I would like it more if 2 presses will lock it until 3rd press and one press will lock it for 1 additional key stroke

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

RoWeKo

Jan 2, 2011
Konz
Does someone know why Titanium Backup can't restore apps out of TWRP-(nandroid) backups?

In TB I can select the TWRP backup and it shows me it's type (TWRP). But after TB has read the backup the list of apps that could be restored is always empty.

TB works perfectly with any CWM backup.

Not any ideas? :(

Last edited:

htcsnap93

Nov 14, 2010
Please post to [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.1 touch recovery [2013-02-09]. I do not have 10 posts yet.

Samsung GT-I9300. Bug firmware upgrade without Recovery options from I9300XXELL4 (SER) to I9300XXEMB2 (SER) if TWRP 2.4.1.1 installed.

During the firmware upgrade without Recovery options (Odin), if TWRP 2.4.1.1 is installed, the catalog /system/csc has been removed but not copyed from new firmware. Is it TWRP bug.

Sorry for my english.

In behave of qwerty22

jaggythistle

Aug 6, 2011
Kirkmuirhill
I would like a direct link to the twrp 2.4.1.1 file not goomanager it isn't the easiest way to install it and I don't want apps I don't need on my phone or be forced to use them to try out your recovery! Can't you offer a link to the recovery as well as the goomanager app? Please.

rexboy

Apr 28, 2008

I would like a direct link to the twrp 2.4.1.1 file not goomanager it isn't the easiest way to install it and I don't want apps I don't need on my phone or be forced to use them to try out your recovery! Can't you offer a link to the recovery as well as the goomanager app? Please.

Just need to google it comes up easily. From there you can choose your exact model of SG3 or other phone and whether you want the zip or tar version.

Sent from my SG3

RoWeKo

Jan 2, 2011
Konz
Does someone know why Titanium Backup can't restore apps out of TWRP-(nandroid) backups?

In TB I can select the TWRP backup and it shows me it's type (TWRP). But after TB has read the backup the list of apps that could be restored is always empty.

TB works perfectly with any CWM backup.

Solved! :)
Updated to TWRP 2.4.1.1 (was on 2.4.1.0) and now it works.

Last edited:

rexboy

Apr 28, 2008

i want to flash using ODIN, so there is no tar file in http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/i9300 . only img file there.

where can i get the tar file so that i can flash using ODIN?

TQ for help :)

Am I missing something, I clicked on the link you posted and there are plenty of tar formats.
This is exactly how I downloaded the latest TWRP as well.
Downloaded the tar, saved to PC, ran odin, and flashed the tar.

Sent from my GS3

2uk3y

Sep 3, 2010
Malaysia

Just flash using the app, it's much easier. Instructions in the OP

thanks for reply. i prefer ODIN to flash. dont need to install other app.
;)

Am I missing something, I clicked on the link you posted and there are plenty of tar formats.
This is exactly how I downloaded the latest TWRP as well.
Downloaded the tar, saved to PC, ran odin, and flashed the tar.

Sent from my GS3

yes u right there is many tar file, but not the latest version 4.1.1. only img file. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300

kofiaa

Aug 27, 2011
Accra
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.2.0 touch recovery [2013-02-25]

Qwerty22 asked for this to be posted

"Please post to [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.2.0 touch recovery [2013-02-25]. I do not have 10 posts yet.

Samsung GT-I9300, Firmware I9300XXEMB2 (SER), TWRP 2.4.2.0 log errors in backup recovery.log:

/data | /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 | Size: 11622MB Used: 10910MB Free: 3953MB Backup Size: 1071MB
Flags: Can_Be_Wiped Wipe_During_Factory_Reset Wipe_Available_in_GUI IsPresent Can_Be_Encrypted Has_Data_Media Is_Storage
Symlink_Path: /data/media
Symlink_Mount_Point: /sdcard
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
Display_Name: Data
Backup_Path: /data
Backup_Name: data
Storage_Path: /data/media
Current_File_System: ext4
Fstab_File_System: ext4
Backup_Method: files

1. Size - Used != Free
2. Length has a negative value

p.s. sorry for my english"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
Qwerty22 asked for this to be posted

"Please post to [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.2.0 touch recovery [2013-02-25]. I do not have 10 posts yet.

Samsung GT-I9300, Firmware I9300XXEMB2 (SER), TWRP 2.4.2.0 log errors in backup recovery.log:

/data | /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 | Size: 11622MB Used: 10910MB Free: 3953MB Backup Size: 1071MB
Flags: Can_Be_Wiped Wipe_During_Factory_Reset Wipe_Available_in_GUI IsPresent Can_Be_Encrypted Has_Data_Media Is_Storage
Symlink_Path: /data/media
Symlink_Mount_Point: /sdcard
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
Display_Name: Data
Backup_Path: /data
Backup_Name: data
Storage_Path: /data/media
Current_File_System: ext4
Fstab_File_System: ext4
Backup_Method: files

1. Size - Used != Free
2. Length has a negative value

p.s. sorry for my english"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Length is supposed to be a negative value. That's what tells make_ext4fs how much space to reserve at the end of the data partition when formatting so that there's a spot to store the decryption key if you choose to encrypt the device. That negative length value basically says, format the total size minus 32768 bytes.

I added the size issue to our github issues as per the OP and I'll look into it when I get a chance:
https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/issues/109

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.8.6.0:

-Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
    -Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
    -Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
    -Keyboard improvements (_that)
    -Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
    -Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
    -Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
    -Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
    -Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
    -Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
    -Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
    -Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
    -Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)

CHANGELOG for 2.8.5.0:

-Scale the GUI - TWRP can read the theme's resolution and scale it up or down to fit the theme to your screen's resolution
    -Backups can now be cancelled while the backup is in progress (does not include restore because we don't want to leave your device in a bad state)
    -Improve thread handling and move input handling into the main rendering thread to improve stability
    -Make MTP work even if unplugged and plugged back in
    -Unify scrollable list code and make kinetic scrolling feel more natural
    -Fix handling of mapped zip files for OTA updates (CM12 updater)
    -USB keyboards should now work on all devices that support USB host mode via a USB OTG cable
    -Other small fixes and improvements

CHANGELOG for 2.8.4.0:

-Add flashing of boot and recovery images via the TWRP GUI (Find the Images button on the Install page)
    -Fix some MTP related crashes and bugs
    -Eliminate TWRP toggling USB IDs during boot if MTP is enabled
    -Fix various adb sideload issues
    -Improve threading of actions
    -Eliminate separate thread for screen timeout
    -Update libblkid to 2.25.0
    -Use power button as back button on watch themes for easier navigation
    -Add mutex locking to data manager
    -Improve custom theme handling on encrypted devices
    -Allow the stock theme to be offset by build flags so we can center a lower res theme on a higher res screen especially for watches with round screens

CHANGELOG for 2.8.3.0:

-MTP will now tell the host PC that storage is removed instead of disabling MTP completely
    -MTP will now report the correct max file size based on the file system in use to the host PC (may fix transfer of large files)
    -Update and improve fix permissions and make fixing contexts optional
    -Update SuperSU in TWRP to 2.40 and update install process
    -Make TWRP work properly on AArch64 (Nexus 9 is now built in true 64-bit binaries and libraries)
    -Attempt to set correct permissions and contexts on all files placed in storage so backups will show in Android
    -Fix kernel panic during MTP start on some devices
    -Support unicode fonts on devices with True Type Font support
    -Fix slider value not showing sometimes (vibration settings page)
    -Toggle MTP off during adb sideload to set correct USB IDs
    -Reduce library requirements for 5.0 L decrypt
    -Other minor fixes and improvements

Note: Starting with TWRP 2.8.2.0 and higher, adb sideload uses a new sideload method originally implemented in AOSP recovery. You will need the latest adb binaries to use sideload in these newer versions of TWRP. The version required is 1.0.32. You can find the version by running "adb version" on your computer. The new sideload feature no longer stores the zip on your device. Instead, a fuse file system is created in RAM and the zip is streamed from your computer. This puts less wear and tear on storage and ensures that large zips will not fill up all of your RAM. The sideload may spit an error on your PC side, but the zip should install just fine on your device.

DOWNLOAD:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily with the TWRP Manager app:
    Play Store Link
    1) Install TWRP Manager from the Play Store
    2) Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Advanced->Install Recovery
    4) Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our NEW website! NOTE that the 2.8.6.0 version is ONLY available on our new site and is not available on our other, older mirrors!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    twrp_2.8.7.0_I9300.zip

You can flash my repacked Zip file of "twrp_2.8.7.0_I9300" if you can't wait for official fixed version

Here is the flashable zip of new twrp version 2.8.7.0

PS: if you download this file don't forget to hit thanks! button

twrp_2.8.7.0_I9300.zip MD5: F54D2C2E64C83ADFF598CCE92AF87D41

twrp_2.8.7.0_I9300.tar.md5 MD5: FF9EE14403E7AF6B47B77130A933FCF4
    New fixed version of twrp_2.8.6.1_I9300

New fixed version of twrp_2.8.6.1_I9300 is updated on official websit. But with (480x800) resolution.
    And here is the flashable zip of new twrp version 2.8.6.1 (For CWM or Phil recovery users)

if you already have twrp 2.8.4.0 or UP installed you can flash just ".img" file or .Zip via recovery

twrp_2.8.6.1_I9300.zip: MD5: 3139382C63505C22528ACA02258CA4CD

PS: if you download this file don't forget to hit thanks! button
    new flashable TWRP 2.8.4.0

here is the newest flashable TWRP 2.8.4.0
    have fun

PS: if you use this file. don't forget to push Thanks! button
    TWRP v2.6.3.1 in CWM Flashable zip for I9300

-based on @nicesoni_ash previous CWM flashable ZIP