need help

Search This thread

javi_emma

Sep 28, 2010
Hi, my friend has an htc evo 4g lte that he wanted to update. He uses this phone just for tethering. He intalled the last ruu that was released. After installing he was able to root and install custom recovery. The problem is when I install superuser it gives an error that reads "there is no SU binary installed". And when I run root checker it says that the device does not have proper root access. He gave me the task to fix it for him but I am stomped. I thought that it was gonna be easy like my samsung but this is so different. If anyone can figure out what I need to doo, pls point me in the right direction. All I need is to get supeuser to work so I can run the tether app.

Attachments

• 20140606_221210.jpg
    20140606_221210.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20140606_221414.jpg
    20140606_221414.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20140606_221626.jpg
    20140606_221626.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20140606_221734.jpg
    20140606_221734.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 28

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Hi, my friend has an htc evo 4g lte that he wanted to update. He uses this phone just for tethering. He intalled the last ruu that was released. After installing he was able to root and install custom recovery. The problem is when I install superuser it gives an error that reads "there is no SU binary installed". And when I run root checker it says that the device does not have proper root access. He gave me the task to fix it for him but I am stomped. I thought that it was gonna be easy like my samsung but this is so different. If anyone can figure out what I need to doo, pls point me in the right direction. All I need is to get supeuser to work so I can run the tether app.

It looks like he's on the updated partitions.

Post 3 in the following thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

will give you the link for the recovery you'l need to flash (2.7.1.0b) using fastboot or via PJIMG75.zip

Then you just need to boot into recovery and install SuperSU_1.94.zip, reboot and enjoy.

You can't just install superuser or SuperSU from the play store and have it root itself.

javi_emma

Sep 28, 2010
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will try this and post back with an update. Apreciate your help!

javi_emma

Sep 28, 2010
I decided to flash the recovery using fastboot but ran in to a problem. I installed the android sdk to my pc and the htc drivers using htc sync. I ran cmd and it detected my device. I downloaded the recovery that was recomended above and placed it in the platform-tools file. When I go to flash the file using fastboot I type: fastboot flash recovery and the name of the file that I downloaded. When I click enter it says error: cannot determine image file name for<name of file that I downloaded>.

So I am stuck here atm. Gonna quit for today and retry tomorrow. If anyone notices what I am doing wrong please post.

UPDATE: finally got it to work. All I had to do was to edit the name of the downloaded recovery to end with .img and it flashed succesfully.

Last edited:

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I decided to flash the recovery using fastboot but ran in to a problem. I installed the android sdk to my pc and the htc drivers using htc sync. I ran cmd and it detected my device. I downloaded the recovery that was recomended above and placed it in the platform-tools file. When I go to flash the file using fastboot I type: fastboot flash recovery and the name of the file that I downloaded. When I click enter it says error: cannot determine image file name for<name of file that I downloaded>.

So I am stuck here atm. Gonna quit for today and retry tomorrow. If anyone notices what I am doing wrong please post.
Try this
Type fastboot flash recovery
Then drag and drop the twrp.img into the cmd window

Reactions: javi_emma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It looks like he's on the updated partitions.

Post 3 in the following thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

will give you the link for the recovery you'l need to flash (2.7.1.0b) using fastboot or via PJIMG75.zip

Then you just need to boot into recovery and install SuperSU_1.94.zip, reboot and enjoy.

You can't just install superuser or SuperSU from the play store and have it root itself.

Try this
    Type fastboot flash recovery
    Then drag and drop the twrp.img into the cmd window