[Kernel][ICS][Alpha]Driving Always For User Quality (5/27/2012)

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Please Entropy512

What You think about this?

On thread ALBa XXLPY pag 231 post 2302.

For install S-Note:

I installed this whit Root Explorer and for last libVoHr.so there was not space on Memory Rom for it, was full. I deleted a wallpaper on /system/appl and I install it. The Memory Rom have 879 MB and have x KB free very little.

But the Note is working whit the /System space Full? It's normal?
I don't like this.
If I compare whit another phones is different. For ex: Nexus S have Mem Rom 528 MB 296 free. And anothers the same.

Then I uninstalled whit TB the S-Note and some /system/ appl then I don't use and now I have Memory Rom 879 MB 103 MB free.
We see this sizes on bottom of Titanium Backup.

I remember that ppl have problems whit System before... before...

And when I test to Restore Rom whit CWMR v5.0.2.5 aborted whit system errors.

Anyway thank you for Your work. For me S-Memo is sufficient.

Samsung firmwares are always heavily bloated, if you want to add system apps you need to debloat things, which you did - what's the problem?

I'm working on XXLPY compatibility now. Leak compatibility will likely be dropped when that happens.

Edit: Booting XXLPY now. First thing I've confirmed - mali/EGL libswap is no longer needed, same deal as galaxys2

Also confirmed: wifi is busted, driver is returning an "invalid argument" error when loading, I need to crank up the debug level to figure out why.

Last edited:
Reactions: ValenteL

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
but hwaccel is not working.. some problems in kernel Memory allocating??

No clue yet, I haven't gotten that far.

When I manually deodex, I have some nasty keyboard issues. I may just mess with one of the other modded XXLPY-based firmwares.

May need to wait until source gets posted.

Last edited:

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I tried to fix speaker without XXLPY sources as a reference, no-go so far.

Sources should be just around the corner so I'm probably going to wait for those. They will allow me to fix video hwaccel and speakerphone fairly easily, and should also allow wifi on XXLPY to be fixed fairly easily.

I will be pulling in fixes just for what's broken and not rebasing on the source release due to the Superbrick fiasco. The full source release will likely be dangerous.

robertberma

Nov 9, 2010
BLEISWIJK
I tried to fix speaker without XXLPY sources as a reference, no-go so far.

Sources should be just around the corner so I'm probably going to wait for those. They will allow me to fix video hwaccel and speakerphone fairly easily, and should also allow wifi on XXLPY to be fixed fairly easily.

I will be pulling in fixes just for what's broken and not rebasing on the source release due to the Superbrick fiasco. The full source release will likely be dangerous.

Very wise to waot for sources. I wish you good luck with this.

copperdawgnc

Jul 21, 2010
Charlotte NC USA
Plans for this weekend: Test with the new XXLPY release. Hopefully I won't need to do EGL/Mali lib swaps any more, and maybe video hwaccel will play nice.

Also going to look at recovery mounting so that /system can be formatted if corrupted.

Did you have time to test the LPY release with this kernel?

If you did I assume you flashed LPY with CWM then your kernel without a reboot.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

I manually deodexed LPY, and put this kernel into the update ZIP so that the LPY original kernel was never used.
Differences from leaks:
1) EGL/mali lib swap no longer needed
2) Wifi driver won't load
3) Speakerphone still broken
4) Video hwaccel still broken

3) and 4) indicate that the fixes for those aren't a lib swap - we need N7000 source or a lucky guess that works. (I tried a few guesses for 3 without success).

2, 3, and 4 should be easy to fix by pulling in the relevant changes for those components from the N7000 sources. This will permit full compatibility without pulling in the dangerous stuff from the N7000 sources.

Reactions: copperdawgnc

copperdawgnc

Jul 21, 2010
Charlotte NC USA
Originally Posted by copperdawgnc

I manually deodexed LPY, and put this kernel into the update ZIP so that the LPY original kernel was never used.
Differences from leaks:

3) and 4) indicate that the fixes for those aren't a lib swap - we need N7000 source or a lucky guess that works. (I tried a few guesses for 3 without success).

2, 3, and 4 should be easy to fix by pulling in the relevant changes for those components from the N7000 sources. This will permit full compatibility without pulling in the dangerous stuff from the N7000 sources.

If I flash alba LPY repack then your kernel (while still in CWM) my understanding is the LPY kernel will not be used please confirm. (being very cautious at the moment.):confused:

copperdawgnc

Jul 21, 2010
Charlotte NC USA
Differences from leaks:

Didn't last long on LPY confirmed wifi broken for me also.

thomas_d_j

May 5, 2010
Triangle?

...since there are MAJOR bugs in the eMMC driver of the ICS kernel leaks for this device, it is strongly recommended to flash the .tar version of the kernel in Odin (or extract it and flash it with heimdall) first. Then flash the ZIP including the EGL/mali/gralloc drivers.[/LIST]

Correct me if I am wrong, but won't this method increase custom binary counter?

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Sorry for post here...

I read post 4 and 5 from thread :http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1633943

And I Quote You:
The remaining question is:
Gingerbread kernels have MMC_CAP_ERASE enabled for the MMC driver- why don't they cause problems, unless there's something somewhere else that prevents the ERASE function from being used even though the controller supports it?

And about Abyss kernel + Redpill recovery? I made many thing whit like Full wipes, flash Rom's, updates etc, Restores ROM's, Advanced restores Rom's boot only or data only, and all work well.

On stock CWMR v5.0.2.7 I made only, flash Abyss kernel, reboot recovery and Backup Roms. It's all.

I'm feel more safe using Abyss+Redpill.

EDIT: Sorry by this post. I'm already informed. Thanks (29/05/12)

Last edited:

copperdawgnc

Jul 21, 2010
Charlotte NC USA
Sorry for post here...

I read post 4 and 5 from thread :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1633943

And I Quote You:
The remaining question is:
Gingerbread kernels have MMC_CAP_ERASE enabled for the MMC driver- why don't they cause problems, unless there's something somewhere else that prevents the ERASE function from being used even though the controller supports it?

And about Abyss kernel + Redpill recovery? I made many thing whit like Full wipes, flash Rom's, updates etc, Restores ROM's, Advanced restores Rom's boot only or data only, and all work well.

On stock CWMR v5.0.2.7 I made only, flash Abyss kernel, reboot recovery and Backup Roms. It's all.

I'm feel more safe using Abyss+Redpill.

if you are on a unsafe kernel flash the tar from the op with pc odin then you can flash CM9 or whatever

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go - What I believe is the first custom kernel built from source for GT-N7000 ICS.

READ THIS POST INCLUDING KNOWN ISSUES BEFORE POSTING!

Driving Always For User Quality - DAFUQ!!!!

This is built by applying some small fixes to the GT-I9100 update4 source base so that the stylus and charger drivers build properly.
    Source code is at: https://github.com/Entropy512/kernel_galaxys2_ics/commits/entropy_kernel_main
    Initramfs git is at: https://github.com/Entropy512/initramfs_galaxynote_ics/commits/master

It has been tested so far with Criskelo's XXLPY-based release, but should work with most other Touchwiz-based N7000 ICS releases. AOSP firmwares are not supported by this kernel. They may boot and sort-of run, but no bug reports will be accepted if you're running an AOSP-based firmware. No bootloader flashing is required.

Features:
    See my I777 ICS kernel thread for now - it's built off of the same source base (but N7000 users should post here)
    The one specific feature I should advertise here - This is built from I9100 Update4 sources. This appears to be the only source base so far for Samsung Exynos4 kernels that doesn't carry a high risk of permanent damage to your eMMC chip. (e.g. it should be safe from all of the nightmares people have encountered with ICS leaks here, however I cannot make any guarantees.)

Known issues:
    • Some of you are used to kernels that autoroot a ROM for you - this one will not and never will especially now that two different Superuser packages exist. Flash SuperSU or Superuser in CWM, pick your poison.
    • Camera preview is black
    • Hardware accelerated video display is not working
    • Because of these known issues, the primary use for this kernel is to reset the flash counter with TriangleAway (which DOES work on this kernel)
    Change Log

5/27/2012:
    Pulled in some changes from the N7000 source release. Wifi and speakerphone are now working with XXLPY, however - hwaccel video is still broken.
    Fixing hwaccel video requires major work or just trashing everything and starting from the N7000 source release and readding features there.

5/2/2012:
    Charging now works normally. It turns out some devices have an SMB136 charger, others have an SMB328 - Now both are enabled.

4/26/2012:
    • Call audio fixed (Note only)
    • Bumped first GPU step default up to 100 MHz from 66 (Note only)
    • Increased conservative governor freq step from 5% to 10%

4/24/2012:
    Initial release
    And you posted this after seeing it in the known issues list why???

Because he can't be bothered to read, that's why. Like the great majority of the forum members.:mad:
    Plans for this weekend: Test with the new XXLPY release. Hopefully I won't need to do EGL/Mali lib swaps any more, and maybe video hwaccel will play nice.

Also going to look at recovery mounting so that /system can be formatted if corrupted.
    FAQ

Q: What's up with the name?
    A: Since I run CM9, this can no longer be considered my "daily driver" - so the Daily Driver name no longer really applies. I haven't picked a good name yet, expect this to change with my mood. Names may get more sensible as the mental damage caused by watching the ZOMBIE ASS trailer heals.