Mozilla Boot 2 Gecko(B2G)

Search This thread

Hitorijanae

Feb 23, 2011
Newark
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
The problem is that B2G is designed to be built using an ics device tree and the CM9 device tree for the sensation is basically deprecated and replaced with the jellybean one. So I had to build with the jellybean device tree and at first it threw a lot of errors. I fixed the errors but it still refused to boot. If anyone can find the device tree for cm9, I'll get back to building again and probably post a tutorial so you guys can help me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

maikoool

Sep 22, 2013
Offer to help

The problem is that B2G is designed to be built using an ics device tree and the CM9 device tree for the sensation is basically deprecated and replaced with the jellybean one. So I had to build with the jellybean device tree and at first it threw a lot of errors. I fixed the errors but it still refused to boot. If anyone can find the device tree for cm9, I'll get back to building again and probably post a tutorial so you guys can help me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Is this what you mean with the device tree? (seems I'm not allowed to post links yet) github dot com / CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_pyramid
There is a ICS branch, although it hasn't been updated for a year.

I am also trying to get firefox os running, have a spare pyramid here which is not in daily use anymore, so I can flash on it all I want.
Maybe we should share experiences? Set up some kind of wiki/blog or whatever? Make a GitHub group with required repositories? (I can provide hosting if needed)

Edit: I have the 'normal' sensation. No 4g. No beats.

ps: This is my first time working on android/firefox os source code, only installed pre-built zips before, but, I am a programmer and fairly familiar in Linux, so I think I'll manage after a while.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I wanna help.

Pick Me, Pick Me, I wanna help in testing and reporting.

I do have the Sensation, not XE, not 4G.

rather than leaving it to collect dust, i might as well use it to contribute to this development, but only in testing and reporting bugs/symptoms etc.

i'm still learning some programming, so i'm no pro.

gab_ITA

May 15, 2012
I'm available to testing :p

Inviato dal mio HTC Sensation Z710e utilizzando Tapatalk

Zed_Blade

Sep 8, 2012
So, what's new with this matter?

I've actually been with Christian Heilmann at Codebits and we were looking for solutions on getting the HTC Sensation to work with FfOS, and ended up in this thread..

Any news on his matter? Any progress? I'm looking for a compatible kernel, which I believe it's the hardest part of the process..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've made some decent headway in porting B2G. First build completes tonight.
    Time for a necrobump

NECROBUMP!

I got it compiled, it works partially :p
    Only thing that doesn't work is adreno libs(black screen but system responds to touch/button input), gonna take a look at it in the coming days :p
    I'm looking to start a porting team for Mozilla Boot 2 Gecko, is anyone interested in joining?
    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app
    Does anyone know how to help me on this one? When I set up the device configuration tree, it says "No matches for product spec "full_pyramid" Stop."

it is probably is giving you that message because you need to add product_specs for the pyramid.If you can give me a link to what setup guide you are using i might be able to help you but I have may not have enough free storage to help fully.
    i want to be tester, i can help a bit :laugh:

Alright. I might have it ready tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app