miracast / projection feature

Search This thread

wave_sailor

Sep 1, 2010
One the reasons I bought the Kindle was because of I believe it's called miracast where you can project your tablet onto your tv. What ever happened to it? Or is there something else I can do?

cardeto

Apr 2, 2011
One the reasons I bought the Kindle was because of I believe it's called miracast where you can project your tablet onto your tv. What ever happened to it? Or is there something else I can do?

Hi,
I don´t understand your question.
If you bought your kindel for miracast, you should have a miracast adapter......What should happend to?

wave_sailor

Sep 1, 2010
I forgot Android app Twonky works also, but I had problems Beaming Mythtv HD file to my SD tv. It worked otherwise.

cdub50

Jul 21, 2007
AllCast is also an alternative if you have a roku or apple TV. I have tested it on both and movies play flawlessly. It also supports viewing pictures and streaming music.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

gutts10

Jan 6, 2012
AllCast is also an alternative if you have a roku or apple TV. I have tested it on both and movies play flawlessly. It also supports viewing pictures and streaming music.

You guys know of anything that'll work with xbox?

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
AllCast works for both xbox360 and Xbox one

Yeah, personally, I'd stay away from the "HDX Certified" Netgear Push2TV device. It is utter rubish. All kinds of resolution issues (you can fix with an app, but still, shouldn't have too) & the audio is marginal at best. I have an Onkyo TX5010-NR, which is one of the baddest receivers around (& I've tested/owned lots). Chromecast will support 5.1 Dolby & PCM, so will numerous other options, including SlimPort (I have an HDMI 1.4b certified SlimPort/MyDP dongle) which also works flawlessly in regards to audio, even up to 8 channels. The NetGear HDX Certified device though only outputs 2.0 PCM. It's watchable, but nowhere near as enjoyable as other devices.

Top Liked Posts