Busted back/retrenched

Search This thread

TornadoF6

Apr 26, 2013
So,in Sept of last yr,i blew my L5 disc into my S1 at work(im a Directional Driller),whilst swinging a 14kg sledge hammer while breaking out 8" drill collars.
This happened on my 2 day of work,finished off my 14 day roster then flew home for my 2 weeks break,and the p#@cks "retrenched" me,saying there was no more work for our Rig(complete BS,still had enough work to see out this yr & most of next yr).
So now,me & the missus(part time teacher,2 days a week),are trying to survive on her little pay & my work cover payment.
We found out were having a bub in Sept,and she has a 7yr old from previous ex)
Im sort of at my wits end,money just goes,i still haven't been cleared for work(had back surgery 3 weeks ago,and still looking at at least another 3 months before i can even look for/look at work...has anyone else been in a situation like mine?I just don't know what to do,we've sold everything we can,sorted out credit cards,etc with my Retrenchment payout...
Just feeling depressed,angry,and hollow at the moment...Im trying to hang in there,but its getting harder everyday..

Sent from my Aussie style HTC One

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
Sorry to hear about your struggles mate. I don't know that I could ever relate but I can say things will get better. I'll send my prayers out to you and your family