[Q] Device undetected by Windows.

Search This thread

StaticSpark

Nov 2, 2013
After going through a replacement process (twice) after cracking the screen on my first device, I was relieved to find that the replacement I got sent wasn't updated to un-moddable status. However, after using rumrunner to s-off, flashing cwm 6.0.4.8 recovery, and using that to install cm11 m6 snapshot, I was disappointed to find that my phone will not connect to Windows in a manner where I can access USB storage. Enabling debugging in dev options does initiate the "device plugin sound" from Windows, but after looking in device manager, all that shows up there is "Android ADB Interface". When debugging is disabled, Windows makes no sounds, and there is nothing in the device manager. The only response i'm receiving is that the charge light on the device comes on. I would try to install drivers, but seeing as the computer doesn't even recognize that a device is plugged in, i'm pretty much halted on that front. Any comments or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
After going through a replacement process (twice) after cracking the screen on my first device, I was relieved to find that the replacement I got sent wasn't updated to un-moddable status. However, after using rumrunner to s-off, flashing cwm 6.0.4.8 recovery, and using that to install cm11 m6 snapshot, I was disappointed to find that my phone will not connect to Windows in a manner where I can access USB storage. Enabling debugging in dev options does initiate the "device plugin sound" from Windows, but after looking in device manager, all that shows up there is "Android ADB Interface". When debugging is disabled, Windows makes no sounds, and there is nothing in the device manager. The only response i'm receiving is that the charge light on the device comes on. I would try to install drivers, but seeing as the computer doesn't even recognize that a device is plugged in, i'm pretty much halted on that front. Any comments or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

try a different USB port?
also, uninstall HTC drivers. reboot the pc then install the drivers again should fix this.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Unfortunately, as the computer doesn't even react at all when I plug in the device, I can't manipulate drivers at all. That means no uninstalling or installing :/

which windows are you on?

also HTC driver was an EXE file so you should be able to find in the uninstall program portion of windows.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: lj50036

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com

StaticSpark

Nov 2, 2013
Hehe, thanks. I guess I'm just a little paranoid about having junky, manufacturer specific software on my pc. Will see if this works.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Hehe, thanks. I guess I'm just a little paranoid about having junky, manufacturer specific software on my pc. Will see if this works.

me too. :/ but i found that this was the less headache way for me. sync and drivers will show up as 2 different installers. i deleted sync and kept the drivers. im sure one can uninstall the driver installer part of htc software and windows will keep the ini file intact but i never tried this.

StaticSpark

Nov 2, 2013
me too. :/ but i found that this was the less headache way for me. sync and drivers will show up as 2 different installers. i deleted sync and kept the drivers. im sure one can uninstall the driver installer part of htc software and windows will keep the ini file intact but i never tried this.

Thanks for your input! Turns out, i'm an idiot. I had to enable MTP in the usb connection settings >.<

Reactions: SynisterWolf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately, as the computer doesn't even react at all when I plug in the device, I can't manipulate drivers at all. That means no uninstalling or installing :/

which windows are you on?

also HTC driver was an EXE file so you should be able to find in the uninstall program portion of windows.
    Windows 7. But I never used HTC Sync or anything like that. I didn't install any exe's for drivers

ah okay, install sync manager:

http://www.htc.com/us/software/htc-sync-manager/

once the windows sees the phone. feel free to remove the sync portion of the install and keep the driver installer on the pc.

this should fix it and wont mess with ADB or fastboot.

Thanks for your input! Turns out, i'm an idiot. I had to enable MTP in the usb connection settings >.<