Galaxy S3 bad Board can I replace with Bad IMEI board

Search This thread

blainville10

Jun 12, 2014
HI,

I have a S3 with a good IMEI but need to change the board due to bad signal. I have tried everything reflashing checking my imei everything is ok. Can I buy a bad imei unlocked board and change the imei on it to my imei number.

blainville10

Jun 12, 2014
I would think I'd just need to flash my backup nv file that a backed up. But I've heard that the old imei may come back after a while.

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
I would think I'd just need to flash my backup nv file that a backed up. But I've heard that the old imei may come back after a while.

You didn't answer my question. Flashing a modem might save you all this trouble.

As for playing with IMEI, it's never a good idea and guides are being removed everywhere due to being illegal in some places.

blainville10

Jun 12, 2014
Flash you mean with a jtag or flash like installing a rom with a program. Ive flashed roms through usb and I would know how to flash my nv file on another board

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais

blainville10

Jun 12, 2014
By flash, I mean in recovery mode. I suggest you start reading on how to do it.

Changing the IMEI is possible but will be hard to find a good guide on how to do it.

I have flashed custom roms in recovery mode but still doesnt solve my problem. What are you suggesting I should flash in recovery mode. Maybe a link

Last edited: