Feb 7, 2015
Was supposed to be a gif! Make a great thingy

Attachments

• 1431692076129.jpg
    1431692076129.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 673

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
It's been a while since I've had an update.

Added more Admiral Potato things I liked.

Added some animations from Angular Geometry.

Added two new DVDP animations.

Added "powered by ANDROID" for the stock Nexus 5 Lollipop animations; created standard and maxed-size versions.

Slowed-down the "Android Dice" animation a bit.

I'm probably forgetting some other tweaks.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
I have a scott pilgrim the game boot animation I found online some time ago and it looks great. It does end a but short, leaves around 3-4 seconds of black screen before fully booting up.

http://ppl.ug/2onzq9TdkfM/

Looks fun. Those are full 1080x1920 frames. I usually get crashes with images that large. I'm guessing that 23 frames might be a small-enough number to get by the usual crash issues, but I've locked up my N5 with as few as 30 1080x1080 frames.

If you get folks reporting issues, I'd scale the frames to 720x1280, then scale them up in the desc.txt file to 1080x1920.

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
I have a scott pilgrim the game boot animation I found online some time ago and it looks great. It does end a but short, leaves around 3-4 seconds of black screen before fully booting up.

http://ppl.ug/2onzq9TdkfM/

I've only use this on stock so I can't speak for custom firmware

in the desc.txt, you'll only need:

1080 1920 15
p 0 0 part0

There's no need to list "p 1 0 part0" multiple times, unless you're trying to time it for a certain number of frames. If you want to play the frames in the folder 10 times, try:

1080 1920 15
p 10 0 part0

And put at least one empty line after the last line of text (you have that in your desc.txt, but just making sure).

in the desc.txt, you'll only need:

1080 1920 15
p 0 0 part0

There's no need to list "p 1 0 part0" multiple times, unless you're trying to time it for a certain number of frames. If you want to play the frames in the folder 10 times, try:

1080 1920 15
p 10 0 part0

And put at least one empty line after the last line of text (you have that in your desc.txt, but just making sure).

I know what you're saying but I did not make this animation I merely found it online and have been using it for some time and wanted to share

Reactions: androcraze

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
I know what you're saying but I did not make this animation I merely found it online and have been using it for some time and wanted to share

OK. Heh. Heck, I was already looking at fade-ins and fade-outs!

Thank you for sharing it. I loved the movie, although I've never read the comic (or is it "graphic novel" ;) ). There's a legion of dedicated fans out there. Hopefully they'll appreciate this animation.

Reactions: ozzmanj1
OK. Heh. Heck, I was already looking at fade-ins and fade-outs!

Thank you for sharing it. I loved the movie, although I've never read the comic (or is it "graphic novel" ;) ). There's a legion of dedicated fans out there. Hopefully they'll appreciate this animation.

No worries I'm a huge Scott Pilgrim fan I own the entire box set I own the movie with the steelbook edition blu-ray I own a large poster framed in my theater room as well as a custom Scott Pilgrim t shirt that I had made. I even bought the Scott Pilgrim video game for my ps3 with all the extra goodies which is an excellent game by the way. anyways I just recently switched to euphoria OS and I cannot get this boot animation to work and I have no idea how to create or modify a boot animation any tips on what I can do to get this to play nice?

If you install this app and search Scott it will pull up the animation I was using prior to switching to euphoria os

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.bhoot

Last edited:

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
No worries I'm a huge Scott Pilgrim fan I own the entire box set I own the movie with the steelbook edition blu-ray I own a large poster framed in my theater room as well as a custom Scott Pilgrim t shirt that I had made. I even bought the Scott Pilgrim video game for my ps3 with all the extra goodies which is an excellent game by the way. anyways I just recently switched to euphoria OS and I cannot get this boot animation to work and I have no idea how to create or modify a boot animation any tips on what I can do to get this to play nice?

Again, I'm betting that your ROM likes smaller frames. ImageMagick is your friend. Extract all to a folder. My command line is under Linux; Windoze commands will be slightly different:

Code:
cd folder/part0

mogrify -define png:format=PNG32 -scale 720x1280 -format png +repage *.jpg

Remove the old images:

Code:
rm *.jpg

Let's save the frames as jpg again. I like doing this as an extra step, to help control the file size. The originals were all over 160kb. Let's target about 100kb as a max. Starting at 95% quality and working down in increments of 5, 85% gives a file size of 102kb:

Code:
mogrify -format jpg -quality 85 +repage *.png

Let's remove the old png files:

Code:
rm *.png
cd ..

Edit the desc.txt to:

Code:
1080 1920 15
p 0 0 part0

I set all files (not folders) to 644 (rw, r, r):

Code:
chmod 644 part0/*
chmod 644 desc.txt

Finally, I zip the works together (while in the folder containing folder part0/ and desc.txt):

Code:
zip -0 -r bootanimation.zip *

Done. Copy the thing to the N5, put in /system/media/, and change the permissions to 644.

Easy, right?

....Or you can just download and manually install (and rename) my version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nhf5gd88lb5b5c8/ScottPilgrim-bootanimation.zip

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: ozzmanj1
Again, I'm betting that your ROM likes smaller frames. ImageMagick is your friend. Extract all to a folder. My command line is under Linux; Windoze commands will be slightly different:

Code:
cd folder/part0

mogrify -define png:format=PNG32 -scale 720x1280 -format png +repage *.jpg

Remove the old images:

Code:
rm *.jpg

Let's save the frames as jpg again. I like doing this as an extra step, to help control the file size. The originals were all over 160kb. Let's target about 100kb as a max. Starting at 95% quality and working down in increments of 5, 85% gives a file size of 102kb:

Code:
mogrify -format jpg -quality 85 +repage *.png

Let's remove the old png files:

Code:
rm *.png
cd ..

Edit the desc.txt to:

Code:
1080 1920 15
p 0 0 part0

I set all files (not folders) to 644 (rw, r, r):

Code:
chmod -R 644 part0/
chmod 644 desc.txt

Finally, I zip the works together (while in the folder containing folder part0/ and desc.txt):

Code:
zip -0 -r bootanimation.zip *

Done. Copy the thing to the N5, put in /system/media/, and change the permissions to 644.

Easy, right?

....Or you can just download and manually install my version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nhf5gd88lb5b5c8/ScottPilgrim-bootanimation.zip

:)

Wow, that's a hell of a lot of info, thank you! This would be a good start for me. Really appreciate your time and info.

How about some Odds-N-Ends:

Kingdom Hearts - (manual install) @DrakenFX had this sitting in a thread HERE, and I loved the way it looked; it was short though. I added an ending loop, and I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Yeah i created this from scratch and i have created a new one base on this one with loop amd end sequences and a Kingdom hearts 3 bootanimation i haven't upload wich is different and better than Kingdom heart 1 animation....

PS glad you like it

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah i created this from scratch and i have created a new one base on this one with loop amd end sequences and a Kingdom hearts 3 bootanimation i haven't upload wich is different and better than Kingdom heart 1 animation....

PS glad you like it

Excellent. I'm looking forward to your update. I thought you pulled the animation from somewhere. It looks great; you're quite the artist.

Reactions: dcfied

dcfied

Nov 28, 2012
Quezon City
Evolved Google Logo

Ran out of room in Post #1....

Amiga Boing - Giuseppe Portelli (from this website)
AmigaBoing-Sample_zps6fb093f7.jpg

CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Android Factory - Also known as "Robot Arm" - By eyesonlybob, from this website (all original links are dead). This thread has the colorized versions of the originals.
AndroidFactory-Sample_zps7ba39c94.jpg

Blue - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Green - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Orange - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Pink - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Red - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Yellow - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Android Particles 1 - Blue --OR-- Green - Dysgenic (from this website)
AndroidParticles1-Combined-Sample_zpsabd7ea60.jpg

At-At Walker - Converted from this website
At-At-Walker-Combined_zpsieuexrzs.png

Big - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Small - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Basic - sfingers (from this XDA thread)
Basic-Sample_zpsabe48f8d.jpg

Birth By Drowning - From this website. A number of requests for this animation. I don't have a cleaner source. Didn't know what to call it, but "Birth By Drowning" seemed to fit. Enjoy.
BirthByDrowning_zpscljvmemn.jpg

Cats
Cats-Sample_zps73f22ae3.jpg

Cold Weld - By jmgibson, from this website
ColdWeld-Sample_zps72ec6851.jpg

Cookie
Cookie-Sample_zps352c968c.jpg

Crumble - Green - From this website
CrumbleGreen-Sample_zpsaae52abe.jpg

Droid Series - Ordered left-to-right.
Droid-Combined_zpsoa2bzggn.jpg

Droid 2 - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Droid Bionic - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Droid Moto X - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Droid RAZR - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Droid RAZR M - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Droid X - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Earth
Earth_zps9d2d0e73.png

Eyes - Blue On White Background --OR-- Red On Black Background
Eyes-Combined-Sample_zps18bf183e.png

Blue On White Background - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Red On Black Background - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Fireworks - Ordered left-to-right: 48-Inch Shell, Festival 1, and Festival 2 - Real fireworks from video.
Fireworks-Combined-Sample_zpsd49e38b0.jpg

48-Inch Shell - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Festival 1 - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Festival 2 - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Geometric, 4-Dimensional Images - Ordered left-to-right: 24 Cell, Tesseract, and Tesseract (Glass Panes). Thanks to eqagunn for finding and doing the initial work on these animations.
Geometric4D_zpsrrfgpe9l.jpg

24 Cell - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Tesseract - Double Rotation - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Tesseract - Glass - Double Rotation - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Google Circle - By EnricoD, from this thread.
GoogleCircleCombined_zpsfa3b450e.png

Large (blue) - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Large multi-color - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Small (blue) - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Small multi-color - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Google Evolved
google-evolved_zpsxqkfuuz1.png

Matrix - From this website
Matrix-Composite_zps8df2fadd.png

Blackout (White) - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Golden - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Orange - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Pink - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Red - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Skyblue - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Nexus Animations by PartimusPrime: Beam, Flash, and Flow from this website
NexusPartimusPrime_zpsrjw7thp2_1.jpg

Nexus Beam - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Nexus Flash - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Nexus Flow - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Nexus Originals - Nexus One, Galaxy Nexus (ICS Stock), Nexus 7, Nexus 4:
Nexus%20Originals%20-%20Composite_zpsgn0uspnn.jpg

Nexus One - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Galaxy Nexus (ICS) - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install - Enhanced, from this website
Nexus 7 - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Nexus 4 - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install - scaled to match image-to-screen-height ratio

Nexus Particles - by Wrixituz - Nexus 7 From this XDA thread, Nexus 5 from this XDA thread
NexusParticles-Sample_zpsd38c47ab.jpg
NexusParticlesNew-Sample_zpsc50c20e3.jpg

Nexus 7 - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install
Nexus 5 - CWM & TWRP || Manual Install

Radar
Radar-Sample_zpsc22b4a47.jpg

Top-Sample_zpsc3350353.jpg

Train
Train-Sample_zpsed1c9c0f.jpg

Wall
Wall-Sample_zpsf14468eb.jpg

US Air Force
US-AirForce-Sample_zps7149f487.jpg

US Army
US-Army-Sample_zpsc908dadb.jpg

US Marines
US-Marines-Sample_zps4cdf4188.jpg

US Navy
US-Navy-Sample_zps930fcdf7.jpg

US Seabees
US-Seabees-Sample_zpsbd79c1bc.jpg

Vaudeville - Also known as "Barbershop - Android Vs. Apple", From this website
Barbershop-DroidVsApple-Sample_zps5af24000.png

Big Up for this dude!
Would it be ok if i request for a dark evolved google logo? :D

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
Big Up for this dude!

With 562 individual frames.... as soon as I can get my hands on a converted version, I'll build an animation.

It's a little more complicated than converting white to black. I'll look myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcfied

dcfied

Nov 28, 2012
Quezon City
Thanks!

With 562 individual frames.... as soon as I can get my hands on a converted version, I'll build an animation.

It's a little more complicated than converting white to black. I look myself.

Thank you! btw, just figured you are the OP when you replied to my post.
"I think the guy added your animation to post #2." -made me laugh when i read your reply.

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013

Check post #2. That guy is at it again....

I pulled-down some other dark versions, and wasn't happy. The dark version in post #2 was converted from the original white-background version. Looks good to me. Let me know if there are any issues.

The Google Evolved animation, at 35 FPS takes 16 seconds. That's too long for KitKat, and just in time for Lollipop under UntouchedAOSP. If I need to speed it up, let me know.

dcfied

Nov 28, 2012
Quezon City
Check post #2. That guy is at it again....

I pulled-down some other dark versions, and wasn't happy. The dark version in post #2 was converted from the original white-background version. Looks good to me. Let me know if there are any issues.

The Google Evolved animation, at 35 FPS takes 16 seconds. That's too long for KitKat, and just in time for Lollipop under UntouchedAOSP. If I need to speed it up, let me know.

You, my man. is so awesome. flashed it right away. Works perfectly on my device.
just one thing. it's about the google logo. the edges are a little rough. but it's just me being OC. :D
Thanks for the dark google animation. Stay awesome.

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
You, my man. is so awesome. flashed it right away. Works perfectly on my device.
just one thing. it's about the google logo. the edges are a little rough. but it's just me being OC. :D
Thanks for the dark google animation. Stay awesome.

I've cleaned up the "Google Evolved - Dark" animation a bit, and the embossing on the Google logo is back.

I can't stand "jaggies" on image edges, but getting rid of them usually means adding a bit of blur. I was able to do some tweaking due to the limited color map of the original images. There's enough blur to soften the edges, but it still should be plenty crisp for viewing.

dcfied

Nov 28, 2012
Quezon City
I've cleaned up the "Google Evolved - Dark" animation a bit, and the embossing on the Google logo is back.

I can't stand "jaggies" on image edges, but getting rid of them usually means adding a bit of blur. I was able to do some tweaking due to the limited color map of the original images. There's enough blur to soften the edges, but it still should be plenty crisp for viewing.

thanks man! will flash it as soon as i get out from work.
as always. you are awesome!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    A Nexus 5 Boot Animations Collection from multiple sources and authors.

Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. By downloading and flashing or installing these zips, you automatically agree that I won't be held liable for anything that happens to your phone.

Background
    I've chopped, cropped, scaled, twisted, and tweaked some existing animations to work on the Nexus 5 (or many other devices with a 1080x1920 display).

My goals are simple: quick load times, reduced stutter and hesitation during playback, and quality images. I'm happy with what I'm seeing on the 5-inch N5 screen: smooth, clear animations with no hiccups.

These animations are visually appealing to me and fit within the 10-11 second display time provided by a Vanilla AOSP 4.4.3 build.

Installation
    Animations are provided in two formats: a "flashable" archive (noted as "TWRP") that installs to /system/media/, and a manually-installed bootanimation.zip file (noted as "Manual").

Before attempting to install anything, rename your existing /system/media/bootanimation.zip file to something like "old-bootanimation.zip"; to recover, you can simply delete the new installed file and revert the old file back to its original name.

To install via flashable zip (after renaming the original file in /system/media/), put it somewhere on your "SD card" (internal storage), reboot to recovery, install the file and reboot.

You can manually install the bootanimation.zip file to /system/media/ and use a file manager with ROOT access to copy the file and change the permissions to 644 (rw,r,r).

Featured Artists
    RichieRich84:
    Beautiful animations by RichieRich84, from XDA Forums. I've reduced his original animation file sizes considerably.

Admiral Potato:
    Fun, smooth, and elegant animations! His originals are at Imgur.com and Tumblr.com. You can find more info on his website.

Angular Geometry:
    Please check out his work at: Tumblr.com. Very diverse subject matter.

DVDP:
    Wonderful work by David Szakaly (DVDP), from his website. eqagunn pointed-out DVDP's work to me and I'm grateful.

Paolo Ceric (converted to Android by raishiro):
    Elegant designs.. Paolo Ceric's work can be found on this website. Raishiro's XDA thread can be found HERE.

JaeKar99:
    Retired author and developer of many boot animations. His original archive has been taken off-line and the artwork is slowly disappearing. The included animations are my favorites from his collection. Sources for his work can be found here, on this site, and on this page.

RichieRich84 Animations:
    9BzRQ4z.jpg

Envisioned Android - TWRP || Manual
    Golden Purple Swirl - TWRP || Manual
    Purple Sparkles Swirl - TWRP || Manual

Admiral Potato - Set 1:
    en2N4oY.jpg

Bio-Lab - Embryo Injector - TWRP || Manual
    Cascading Tiles 3 - TWRP || Manual
    Circular Associations B - TWRP || Manual
    DVDP Tribute - Displacement Grid 6 - TWRP || Manual
    DVDP Tribute - Textured - TWRP || Manual

Admiral Potato - Set 2:
    Jg5PbB9.jpg

Glow Nut 5 - TWRP || Manual
    Headphone Mouth - TWRP || Manual
    Hexagonal Tunnel - TWRP || Manual
    Insomnia Strikes Again (Dark) - TWRP || Manual
    Insomnia Strikes Again (Light) - TWRP || Manual

Admiral Potato - Set 3:
    h0kMl8w.jpg

Rainbow Globe 1 - TWRP || Manual
    Reflect Halos - Icosahedron Variants - TWRP || Manual
    Reflective Spheres & Rotating Lights - TWRP || Manual
    Silly Shoe Path - TWRP || Manual
    Space Masking 0 - TWRP || Manual

Admiral Potato - Set 4:
    XoeIHRV.jpg

Alien With An Ice Cream Cone - TWRP || Manual
    Hexagonal Waves - Cold - TWRP || Manual
    Jester's Court - TWRP || Manual
    Q-Bert Club - 0 - TWRP || Manual
    Q-Bert Club - Rubik's Cube Remix - TWRP || Manual

Admiral Potato - Set 5:
    g4RA5WA.jpg

Image Based Lighting - My Lab - TWRP || Manual
    January Stripes - TWRP || Manual
    Magnetic Lime Jelly - TWRP || Manual
    Metal Brick Waves - TWRP || Manual
    Warm Wooden Toy - TWRP || Manual

Angular Geometry - Set 1:
    ufMThEQ.jpg

20131221 - Tortise Bro - TWRP || Manual
    20140703 - Earthquake Floor - TWRP || Manual
    20140728 - Seven Kingdoms - TWRP || Manual
    20140810 - Yarn Balls - TWRP || Manual
    20140910 - EKG - TWRP || Manual

Angular Geometry - Set 2:
    T1m0Bjg.jpg

20141020 - My Brain - TWRP || Manual
    20141101 - Stop Looking At Me - TWRP || Manual
    20141201 - Tower Of Self-Loathing - TWRP || Manual
    20141230 - Silver 2 - TWRP || Manual
    20150214 - I See You - TWRP || Manual

DVDP - Set 1: - eqagunn inverted the colors on #091225 and reversed the rotation on #120430, enhancing some already excellent animations.
    kdnzPJf.jpg

091225 - Inverted - TWRP || Manual
    110703 - TWRP || Manual
    120330 - TWRP || Manual
    120430 - TWRP || Manual
    130309 - TWRP || Manual

DVDP - Set 2:
    2ZTIHh6.jpg

130407 - TWRP || Manual
    130520 - TWRP || Manual
    130810 - TWRP || Manual
    131103 - TWRP || Manual
    131104 - TWRP || Manual

DVDP - Set 3:
    N57eqvM.jpg

140104 - TWRP || Manual
    141214 - TWRP || Manual
    150124 - TWRP || Manual
    150331 - TWRP || Manual
    150501 - TWRP || Manual

Paolo Ceric - Set 1
    QLJm8tt.jpg

3D Object - TWRP || Manual
    Diamond 2 - Inverted - TWRP || Manual
    Dots1 - Inverted - TWRP || Manual
    Drawn Shapes 2 - Inverted - TWRP || Manual

Paolo Ceric - Set 2
    SENU6iB.jpg

Fur Cube - TWRP || Manual
    Sphere 1 - TWRP || Manual
    Sphere 4 - TWRP || Manual
    Worm - Edit 2 - TWRP || Manual

JaeKar99 - Set 1
    CXMRHm9.jpg

Android Dice - TWRP || Manual
    Blue Hallway - TWRP || Manual
    Machina Azul (Blue) - TWRP || Manual
    Machina Porphyreus (Purple) - TWRP || Manual
    Machina Arco Iris (Rainbow) - TWRP || Manual

JaeKar99 - Set 2
    xBkCVPR.jpg

Frac Talz - TWRP || Manual
    Molecules - TWRP || Manual
    Power Cell - TWRP || Manual
    Pyral - TWRP || Manual
    Rezonance - TWRP || Manual

JaeKar99 - Set 3
    QM84kcR.jpg

Ring Dream Blue - TWRP || Manual
    Spectral Flames - TWRP || Manual
    Spyro - TWRP || Manual
    Torroids - TWRP || Manual

Android Marshmallow, Nougat, Nougat 7.1
    The Nougat animations (from 5X & 6P 7.0) are similar to the N5 MM version, with an added Google-logo intro.
    The Nougat 7.1 version is a derivative of the earlier "Google Evolved" animation.
    Ms6w1vZ.png

Marshmallow Standard - TWRP || Manual
    Marshmallow Maxed - TWRP || Manual
    Nougat 7.0 Standard - TWRP || Manual
    Nougat 7.0 Maxed - TWRP || Manual
    Nougat 7.1 HTC Standard - TWRP || Manual
    Nougat 7.1 HTC Maxed - TWRP || Manual

Android Lollipop - AOSP Default, N5, & N7: The N7 version dots "roll-out" display is different than the N5
    juhWOsM.jpg

AOSP Default - TWRP || Manual - Coded into the framework in the event that no bootanimation.zip file is installed. Converted to a bootanimation.zip for ROMs having a modified default framework, and a user desiring the look of the AOSP original.
    N5 Maxed & Powered - TWRP || Manual - Maximum-sized "L" animation with "powered by ANDROID"
    N5 Standard & Powered - TWRP || Manual - Standard N5 "L" animation with "powered by ANDROID"
    N7 Maxed - TWRP || Manual - Maximum-sized "L" N7 version animation for the N5
    N7 Mod - TWRP || Manual - 13% larger than the stock N5 version

Android Lollipop - White Background - N5:
    P20109B.png

N5 White Maxed - TWRP || Manual
    N5 White Maxed & Powered - TWRP || Manual
    N5 White Standard - TWRP || Manual
    N5 White Standard & Powered - TWRP || Manual

Please check Post #2 for more bootanimations....
    How about some Odds-N-Ends:

I'll post these here for now. These are animations that: I've helped others with, had requests for a one-off variation, or aren't necessarily in line with my vision of what a boot animation should be. Folks might find them interesting all the same.

You'll have to rename them to "bootanimation.zip", manually install, and set permissions to 644.

75 Years of Batman -
    No Text - manual install | TWRP flashable
    Inverted - manual install | TWRP flashable
    Spotlight - manual install | TWRP flashable

Modified from Christian Tailor's excellent vision. I kept the same number of frames as the original source, but enlarged the logos within the frame. The original GIF was a full 20 seconds; I sped things up and the main animation is just over 12.5 seconds. I've also created a custom end loop that matched the animation. Check out "Spotlight" and "Inverted", my tweaks on the original. A 500-frame "beast".

AndroidOne Oreo - Black and White - @edwaine asked for a 720p version of the original 1080p white version. I decided to make 1080p and 720p black versions while I was at it. The included white 1080p version here is simply the original in a flashable format.
    AndroidOne Oreo - White - 1080p - TWRP flashable
    AndroidOne Oreo - Black - 1080p - TWRP flashable
    AndroidOne Oreo - White - 720p - TWRP flashable
    AndroidOne Oreo - Black - 720p - TWRP flashable

AndroidOne Q - 10 - Black and White - @edwaine asked for black and white 720p, 1080p, and 1440p versions of the LG G7 AndroidOne animation, replacing the LG logos with simple Google logos . NOTE: these animations are for ALL 6.0+ ROMs; the original version had unnecessary TRIM files that prevented compatibility with earlier Android versions.
    AndroidOne Q - Black - 720p - TWRP flashable
    AndroidOne Q - Black - 1080p - TWRP flashable
    AndroidOne Q - Black - 1440p - TWRP flashable
    AndroidOne Q - White - 720p - TWRP flashable
    AndroidOne Q - White - 1080p - TWRP flashable
    AndroidOne Q - White - 1440p - TWRP flashable

ASUS Zenfone 3 & 4 - While looking at possible phone upgrades, I came across these ASUS animations; both had issues:
    • The Zenfone 3 used small cropped images that cut into gradients; these images were then posted on full 1080p black backgrounds. Starting with original sources, the frames were rebuilt to improve the cropping; the frames are now physically smaller for faster loads.
    • The Zenfone 4 had an odd gray gradient background, but only used part of the screen, giving an odd, windowed effect. The background is now solid black; the animation was scaled 150%, so it's not quite the "postage stamp" it was.
    Zenfone 3 (Third Generation, 2016) Enhanced - 1080p - TWRP flashable
    Zenfone 4 (Fourth Generation, 2017) Solid Black Background - 1080p - TWRP flashable

At-At Walker - 1440p:
    Big - TWRP flashable
    Small - TWRP flashable
    Had a request for this in 1440p. The 1080p version is in Post #2.

DC vs. Marvel - manual install
    My tweak on the port from this forum. I started from scratch, extracting the frames from the original source. I also tweaked the Batman transition with an outline rather than a solid gray background; doing so allowed an unscaled 1080p final animation with a small framesize. At just under 500 total frames, it's a monster and can't truly "loop".

DerNero's Android - manual install
    From this OnePlusOne forum. Most folks were having issues with getting it to run. I adjusted the frame dimensions, and created an overlay to crop and clean up the image outline. It's a simple animation, but the strobing colors are kinda neat.

Jarvis (from Iron Man) - manual install | TWRP flashable
    From this Nexus 5X forum. @Ydriod got this animation started, but it was in MP4 format. I converted it to frames, cut, chopped, and reduced the overall main animation time from 24 seconds to just over 14.

Kingdom Hearts - manual install
    @DrakenFX had this sitting in a thread HERE, and I loved the way it looked; it was short though. I added an ending loop, and I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Moto/Lenovo:
    Motorola E - manual install | TWRP flashable - Originally in MP4 format, the animation is doing a single pass with an ending android loop.
    MotoSimple - TWRP flashable - Someone asked for a "basic" B&W 1080p frames animation for Moto phones; modified from the MotoG5Plus Nougat loop.
    MotoSimple for 7.1+ ROMs- TWRP flashable - Same animation as above, using TRIM files and no scaling.
    MotoG6Plus - TWRP flashable - Converted to a 1080p "frames" version for AOSP/LOS ROMs

Nexus 5 BIOS - Definitely a one-off. @L.F.B. requested this and did some work to get things started. Each animation frame had to be manually recreated using a word processor. There are no intentions of doing this for any other phone models. Please.
    Black, 16GB Model - TWRP flashable
    Black, 32GB Model - TWRP flashable
    White, 16GB Model - TWRP flashable
    White, 32GB Model - TWRP flashable

Nougat 7.0 5X/6P - Requests for different screen sizes.
    480P - TWRP flashable
    720P - TWRP flashable
    N7 Flo (1200 pixels wide) - TWRP flashable
    480P - Maxed - TWRP flashable
    720P - Maxed - TWRP flashable
    N7 Flo (1200 pixels wide) - Maxed - TWRP flashable

Nougat 7.1 - Pulled from the Pixel and Pixel XL ROMs. Looks very close to the "Google Evolved" animation in Post #2. @edwaine asked for the black background for a 7.1.1 N5 ROM. NOTE: Oreo 8.0 and later ROMs don't appear to support sound; the animation plays fine, but you won't hear audio.
    • The "7.1+ only" versions listed below are preferable for Nougat 7.1 and later ROMs; these animations use TRIM files to position the frames, and have WAV audio files. They won't behave correctly on Nougat 7.0 and earlier ROMs.
    • The "For All ROMs" animations have the sound and TRIM files REMOVED for compatibility with Nougat 7.0 and earlier ROMs.
    Nougat 7.1 - ***FOR 7.1 OR LATER ROMS/DEVICES!*** -
    7.1+ ROMs, 720p - Black - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, 720p - White - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, 1080p - Black - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, 1080p - White - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, 1440p - Black - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, 1440p - White - TWRP flashable

Nougat 7.1 - ***FOR ALL ROMS!***
    All ROMs, 480P - Black - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, 480P - White - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, 720P - Black - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, 720P - White - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, 1080P - Black - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, 1080P - White - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, 1440P - Black - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, 1440P - White - TWRP flashable

Oreo 8.0 & Oreo 8.1/Pie 9.0 Bootanimations - Pie 9.0 uses the Oreo 8.1 animation - Official Oreo and Pie release bootanimations, including the original white background and a conversion to a black background.
    • The "7.1+ only" versions listed below are preferable for Nougat 7.1 and later ROMs; these animations use TRIM files to position the frames, and won't behave correctly on Nougat 7.0 and earlier ROMs.
    • The "For All ROMs" versions eliminate the TRIM files for compatibility with Nougat 7.0 and earlier ROMs; the 1080p/1440p versions use scaling, although most people won't notice the difference.
    Oreo 8.0 - ***FOR 7.1 OR LATER ROMS/DEVICES!***
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.0 (Black) 720p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.0 (Black) 1080p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.0 (Black) 1440p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.0 (White) 720p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.0 (White) 1080p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.0 (White) 1440p - TWRP flashable

Oreo 8.1/Pie 9.0 - ***FOR 7.1 OR LATER ROMS/DEVICES!***
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (Black) 720p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (Black) 1080p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (Black) 1440p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (White) 720p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (White) 1080p - TWRP flashable
    7.1+ ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (White) 1440p - TWRP flashable

Oreo 8.1/Pie 9.0 - ***FOR ALL ROMS!***
    All ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (Black) 480p - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (Black) 720p - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (Black) 1080p - TWRP flashable
    All ROMs, Oreo 8.1 (Black) 1440p - TWRP flashable

TechBurner's Oreo Version - @TechBurner created this beauty of an animation, a vision of what Android Oreo's boot animation could have looked like. This modification has been lightened considerably by file size, and additional bells, whistles, and twirls were added. The original thread for this animation can be found HERE. An even better Oreo animation by TechBurner can be found HERE; there's no reason to post this newer version here, as it works quite-well with the 1080p ROMs as-is.
    TechBurner's Oreo 480p - TWRP flashable
    TechBurner's Oreo 720p - TWRP flashable
    TechBurner's Oreo 1080p - TWRP flashable

Scott Pilgrim - manual install
    @ozzmanj1 requested help with this one. I gave a walk-through on my conversion in this post. It's from a video game, and "cartoon-ish", but still neat.

Split - 1440p - TWRP flashable
    @notAlwaysHappy found the original source for this animation HERE. Not having a name for it, I originally called it "Birth by Drowning". It's a beautiful, raw, gritty animation worth a view. The 1080p/N5 version can be found in Post #2 as "Split".

Twilight Zone - manual install | TWRP flashable
    @bogarty had a similar intro in this thread. The animation was in Samsung's proprietary format and very small; I made my own version for the Nexus 5 "from scratch". The TZ intro is over 30 seconds in real-time. I've dropped it to about 12 seconds before a loop. The loop barely starts before jumping to the lockscreen under Marshmallow (about 14 seconds). Lollipop should fare OK (about 18 seconds), and I'm guessing that under KitKat it won't complete. I'm not complaining; I'll take 14 seconds over 33 any day.

Watch Dogs - 30 fps - Two versions
    • @ayush rao provided this version in this THREAD; neat boot, but the original 1080p version didn't work well on the N5. This conversion should work better.
    • Master Tech provided a version link in this YouTube video. I've tweaked it for better device compatibility, reduced the file size, and added a different end loop. This is a long animation, lasting just under 18 seconds before the end loop. At 31MB, it's also one of that largest animations that I've pushed (the source animation was 49MB).
    WatchDogs (by Ayush Rao) 1080p - 30FPS - TWRP flashable
    WatchDogs (by Ayush Rao) 1440p - 30FPS - TWRP flashable
    WatchDogs (by Master Tech) 720p - TWRP flashable
    WatchDogs (by Master Tech) 1080p - TWRP flashable
    WatchDogs (by Master Tech) 1440p - TWRP flashable

Zelda - ***FOR 7.1 OR LATER ROMS/DEVICES!*** - @motomotomotoG had this 580+-frame animation in his animations THREAD. @Ticklefish tweaked it, and I've further modified it to improve compatibility and reduce the frame and archive sizes.
    Zelda 720p - TWRP flashable
    Zelda 1080p - TWRP flashable
    Zelda 1440p - TWRP flashable
    Ran out of room in Post #1....

Amiga Boing - Giuseppe Portelli (from this website)
    amigaboing-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Android Factory - Also known as "Robot Arm" - By eyesonlybob, from this website (all original links are dead). This thread has the colorized versions of the originals.
    androidfactory-sample.jpg

Blue - TWRP || Manual
    Green - TWRP || Manual
    Orange - TWRP || Manual
    Pink - TWRP || Manual
    Red - TWRP || Manual
    Yellow - TWRP || Manual

Android Particles 1 - Blue --OR-- Green - Dysgenic (from this website)
    androidparticles1-combined-sam.jpg

Blue - TWRP || Manual
    Green - TWRP || Manual

At-At Walker - Converted from this website
    at-at-walker-combined.png

Big - TWRP || Manual
    Small - TWRP || Manual

Basic - sfingers (from this XDA thread)
    basic-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Cats
    cats-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Cold Weld - By jmgibson, from this website
    coldweld-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Cookie
    cookie-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Countdown - AKA "Number Storm"
    countdown.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Crumble - Green - From this website
    crumblegreen-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Droid Series - Ordered left-to-right.
    droid-combined.jpg

Droid 2 - TWRP || Manual
    Droid Bionic - TWRP || Manual
    Droid Moto X - TWRP || Manual
    Droid RAZR - TWRP || Manual
    Droid RAZR M - TWRP || Manual
    Droid X - TWRP || Manual

Earth
    earth.png

TWRP || Manual

Eyes - Blue On White Background --OR-- Red On Black Background
    eyes-combined-sample.png

Blue On White Background - TWRP || Manual
    Red On Black Background - TWRP || Manual

Fireworks - Ordered left-to-right: 48-Inch Shell, Festival 1, and Festival 2 - Real fireworks from video.
    fireworks-combined-sample.jpg

48-Inch Shell - TWRP || Manual
    Festival 1 - TWRP || Manual
    Festival 2 - TWRP || Manual

Geometric, 4-Dimensional Images - Ordered left-to-right: 24 Cell, Tesseract, and Tesseract (Glass Panes). Thanks to eqagunn for finding and doing the initial work on these animations.
    geometric4d.jpg

24 Cell - TWRP || Manual
    Tesseract - Double Rotation - TWRP || Manual
    Tesseract - Glass - Double Rotation - TWRP || Manual

Google Circle - By EnricoD, from this thread.
    googlecirclecombined.png

Large (blue) - TWRP || Manual
    Large multi-color - TWRP || Manual
    Small (blue) - TWRP || Manual
    Small multi-color - TWRP || Manual

Google Edition (KitKat) - From this website; all have the clover "fixed" to do a full rotation:
    googleedition-combined-sample.png

Holo, Black Background - TWRP || Manual
    Holo, White Background - TWRP || Manual
    Standard, White Background - TWRP || Manual

Google Evolved - At around 16 seconds for the main animation, this is best for Lollipop and not Kitkat.
    googleevolved.png
    googleevolveddark.png

White Background - TWRP || Manual
    Dark Background - TWRP || Manual

Google Nexus Originals - Nexus One, Galaxy Nexus (ICS Stock), Nexus 7, Nexus 4:
    785VGZp.jpg

Nexus One - TWRP || Manual
    Galaxy Nexus (ICS) - TWRP || Manual - Enhanced, from this website
    Nexus 7 - TWRP || Manual
    Nexus 4 - TWRP || Manual - scaled to match image-to-screen-height ratio

Matrix - From this website
    matrix-composite.png

Blackout (White) - TWRP || Manual
    Blue - TWRP || Manual
    Golden - TWRP || Manual
    Green - TWRP || Manual
    Orange - TWRP || Manual
    Pink - TWRP || Manual
    Red - TWRP || Manual
    Skyblue - TWRP || Manual

Nexus Animations by PartimusPrime: Beam, Flash, and Flow from this website
    nexuspartimusprime.jpg

Nexus Beam - TWRP || Manual
    Nexus Flash - TWRP || Manual
    Nexus Flow - TWRP || Manual

Nexus Particles - by Wrixituz - Nexus 7 From this XDA thread, Nexus 5 from this XDA thread
    nexusparticles-sample.jpg
    nexusparticlesnew-sample.jpg

Nexus 7 - TWRP || Manual
    Nexus 5 - TWRP || Manual

Radar
    radar-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Split (AKA: Birth By Drowning - By cento lodigiani and found on this website. The original conversion found HERE was a little rough, and it lacked a name; "Birth By Drowning" seemed to fit at the time, but the actual name "Split" is more meaningful. Enjoy.
    split-sample.png

TWRP

top-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Train
    train-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Wall
    wall-sample.jpg

TWRP || Manual

US Air Force
    TuEpjzq.jpg

TWRP || Manual

US Army
    NCqk3mA.jpg

TWRP || Manual

US Marines
    GvMwXdB.jpg

TWRP || Manual

US Navy
    JwkYW1f.jpg

TWRP || Manual

US Seabees
    jQ63SH3.jpg

TWRP || Manual

Vaudeville - Also known as "Barbershop - Android Vs. Apple", From this website
    barbershop-droidvsapple-sample.png

TWRP || Manual

Please check Post #3 for more bootanimations....
    Added a number of animations since my last post:

Silly Shoe Path
    ICS
    Nexus One
    Nexus Particles (original)
    Eyes Blue
    Eyes Red
    Pyral (updated - zoomed closer and smoothed)
    Spectral Flames (updated - smoothed)
    Blue Hallway

Odd... The number-one downloaded animation is the Green Matrix one. I wouldn't have guessed that.
    It's been rather quiet here, so I thought I'd post some new toys.

I've added the official Oreo animations converted to black backgrounds, as pulled from the Sailfish and Marlin Developer ROMs. I can't try these myself, so if any 7.1+ ROM users want to give them a whirl, go for it. Looking for feedback.

Oreo Black versions - ***FOR N5 7.1.1 ROMS OR OTHER 7.1 DEVICES ONLY!*** - Official Oreo release bootanimations, converted to a black background.
    Oreo (black background) 1080p - TWRP flashable
    Oreo (black background) 1440p - TWRP flashable