*** skyrocket ics port q&a ***

Search This thread

Racing19969

Aug 11, 2011
Columbus
www.cell-dr.com
Please post your questions and answers regarding my port here....

UPDATE: 5/24/2012

Won't be doing any work on this for a while. Phone got run over and can't afford a new one right now. Using my SGS4G as a backup until I can get a good price on an s2 or possibly a new S3.

UPDATE 4/5/2012

Good News is I got my phone back from JTAG repair... BAD NEWS is they messed up my usb port. Phone boots and all but I have no way to charge it.. When I plug it in it flashes a warning saying Battery is too hot or too cold, charging has been canceled. Was able to get in download mode and did a wipe to see if maybe it was a firmware issue but it did not help. Went back to download mode to see if I could flash a new boot.img and get this error:

Claiming interface... Failed. Attempting to detach driver...
Claiming interface again... Success
Setting up interface... Success
Beginning session...
Failed to initialise usb communication!
Re-attaching kernel driver...

Now my battery is completely dead so I can't try anything until I can get an external charger if they make one... will update as I can

UPDATE 3-28-12 5:24 p.m. est

For those of you who keep sending me PM's asking to test...

Go to the thread in the Development forum and download it. The Thread was closed but links are still active.

UPDATE #2 3-28-12

I won't be able to work on this for a few days.
Bricked my phone working on a different kernel and modem.
Will send it out for jtag repair and have it back sometime next week hopefully...

Guess I will jump back to the sgs4g forum and work there for a few days.. Have that phone with unbrickable mod...

If anyone knows if unbrickable mod is available for this phone let me know.
I Have no problem tearing it apart and performing the mod.

Update 4/1/12 Turning down in call volume will cut down on in call echo.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mudkip

Apr 22, 2009
Springfield
I would like to apologize in advance for not asking my QA inside of the QA section.

On a side note i was having data issues and I flashed cache and reenterd my APN settings manually and it fixed it

Reactions: rlee008

bikrame

Jun 10, 2010
New York City
Isnt this Rom rooted? I cant use titanium backup. Says not rooted !
What to do bro?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

br00x

Oct 11, 2010
Hey racer, how would I force wcdma instead of it using gsm/wcdma auto as default? Looked but can't fond the option.

Thank you for this beast too btw!

Sent from my toaster

shinigenEddy

Apr 20, 2011
Hey racer, how would I force wcdma instead of it using gsm/wcdma auto as default? Looked but can't fond the option.

Thank you for this beast too btw!

Sent from my toaster

I actually had the same question too but no one answered..I ended up restoring my NAND backup of a 2.3.6 ROM, manually forcing it to go to WCDMA only, then re-flashing ICS, which effectively saved the settings. For some reason lol

funeralthirst

Jul 11, 2010
Boise
is there a crt off option anywhere? it's the only thing missing (besides the autorotate, everything else works for me).

amorek13

Jun 24, 2010
any one has a problem with gallary not working when trying to add picture to a contact in contacts?

funeralthirst

Jul 11, 2010
Boise
can we get the ics threads stickied, just so they stay on the front page to avoid a barrage of 'where do i download ics?' threads? since the threads can't be bumped by posts anymore.

br00x

Oct 11, 2010
Anybody else get the "Android Upgrading" every time they reboot?

Sent from my toaster

Laazyboy

Feb 14, 2011
Also having an issue with the gallery. The gallery works fine and I can view the pics, but trying to set a picture as the lockscreen background causes the gallery to freeze and screen to turn black and unresponsive. the capacitive buttons light up, and when I hit the power button it says unfortunately gallery has stopped. I've cleared data/cache, any one else able to reproduce this bug?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please post your questions and answers regarding my port here....

UPDATE: 5/24/2012

Won't be doing any work on this for a while. Phone got run over and can't afford a new one right now. Using my SGS4G as a backup until I can get a good price on an s2 or possibly a new S3.

UPDATE 4/5/2012

Good News is I got my phone back from JTAG repair... BAD NEWS is they messed up my usb port. Phone boots and all but I have no way to charge it.. When I plug it in it flashes a warning saying Battery is too hot or too cold, charging has been canceled. Was able to get in download mode and did a wipe to see if maybe it was a firmware issue but it did not help. Went back to download mode to see if I could flash a new boot.img and get this error:

Claiming interface... Failed. Attempting to detach driver...
    Claiming interface again... Success
    Setting up interface... Success
    Beginning session...
    Failed to initialise usb communication!
    Re-attaching kernel driver...

Now my battery is completely dead so I can't try anything until I can get an external charger if they make one... will update as I can

UPDATE 3-28-12 5:24 p.m. est

For those of you who keep sending me PM's asking to test...

Go to the thread in the Development forum and download it. The Thread was closed but links are still active.

UPDATE #2 3-28-12

I won't be able to work on this for a few days.
    Bricked my phone working on a different kernel and modem.
    Will send it out for jtag repair and have it back sometime next week hopefully...

Guess I will jump back to the sgs4g forum and work there for a few days.. Have that phone with unbrickable mod...

If anyone knows if unbrickable mod is available for this phone let me know.
    I Have no problem tearing it apart and performing the mod.

Update 4/1/12 Turning down in call volume will cut down on in call echo.

Thanks
    Moderaters are working on that thread i guess. Do you have link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

http://www.4shared.com/zip/t-6_CgWt/Superuser-307-efghi-signed.html

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    I wanted to share how I flashed which worked perfectly.

Flashed:
    [1] Made TB of all apps
    [2] Rebooted in CWR
    [3] Nandroid backup
    [4] Wipe Data Factory reset
    [5] Wipe Dalvik Cache
    [6] Flashed samsung_ultimate_kernel_cleaning_script_by_lippol94
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1166954
    [7] Flashed DarkSide Super Wipe
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1477955
    [8] Flashed Rom
    [9] Reboot Phone
    [10] Let sit about 10 minutes after reboot was fully done
    [11] Rebooted again so data started to work (takes second reboot)
    [12] Once 2nd reboot was done I gave it another 5 mintues before I messed with it.

Bugs or non-bugs:

[1] Camera worked perfect
    [2] Google play worked perfect, downloaded on data and wifi and had no issues.
    [3] Skype went crazy. I installed new beta but after it auto updated with the dragon add-on it went postal, caused messaging to stop functioning and ultimately I just started over with flashing
    [4] Superuser had and gave root access to all apps, I did not have to reflash. On initial setup i just opened su, went to preference, su binary and clicked update anyways making sure I clicked "allow".
    [5] I was able to change wallpaper from gallery on screen and lockscreen with no issues as reported by others.
    [6] I did have echo from caller point of view, wife helped, speaker on had no issues. I was not able to try the fix as posted above.
    [7] tethering worked perfect
    [8] I had no delay on dialer or phonebook
    [9] Apex launcher worked awesome
    [10] I had no issues removing att crap with TB, it uninstalled fine

Hope that helps some. My install steps are very excessive but I have done those steps on all roms and never had any issues.
    Just wanted to post and Update on the kernel issue. I have now verified that the rotation issue is specific to just the boot.img I did this by flashing back to stock gingerbread and flashing my port kernel and it gives me the rotation problem in gingerbread. So now I am going to try and tear it, and the gingerbread stock kernel apart and see what I am able to change. Will update if I make any finds....
    +1 on Xperties advice... When I first created the rom and flashed it I had alot of the issues people are having...

I then Wiped then double wiped then Darkside wiped and cleared dalvik and that made a huge difference. I think most of the issues that are coming up are because people are not wiping the phone good enough. Follow the above instructions and people will have a better experience.

Also the new link in the Dev section contains an updated zip with alot of the Bloat removed.
    I was able to do this before I bricked my phone... Once I get it back I will be able to work on this some more...