[APP] [2.0+] Front Facing Flash (3F)

Search This thread

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Hello XDA Members!! :D

I love the front facing camera on my phone but hate how there is no flash on the front. Well i made an app that would allow you to shed a little light on the situation. :p

Its quite simple to use!

Find the app 3F in your app drawer and click it.
It will launch your default camera app
Now you will see a button in the center of your screen with "Ready?" in the center.
Screenshot_2014-03-16-19-15-56.png
Once you have finished setting any special effects for configurations for the camera, click the "Ready?" button.

Now your screen will seem to have a whitish film over it. You are then instructed to click the shutter button.
Screenshot_2014-03-16-19-31-45.jpg

Now the screen is entirely white, this is the flash. After you clicked the shutter button, there will be a red dot visible signifying where the shutter button is.
Screenshot_2014-03-16-19-32-01.png

Now all you need to do is click the red dot to take the actual picture. Once the picture is taken you can review it, however, if you hit "discard" you will need to leave the app and restart 3F to have the flash again.

But thats it! Simple!

I am gonna try to make an xposed module to further simplify this so there won't be any further setup. Simply open your camera app, and another button will appear on your screen, this button will toggle 3F. Once you hit the shutter button, it will automatically show the flash or not depending on your settings.

Hope you guys enjoy this! Hit thanks!! Donate if you feel generous! :) Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

pakitos

Sep 2, 2013
The idea is great but is not saving the pictures of my ugly face, tried it with normal camera app and Camera Awesome on CM 10.2.1 on a Galaxy S4 1337m :(

Edit: Found them at storage/emulated/0/pictures/Front Flash Pictures

Last edited:

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Pretty cool idea man. Good job! Works great on my G2.

ÆONFLEX-4.2 Why Flash Anything Else.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Anyone having issues finding pics, the app "Quickpic" is a great photo gallery replacement that finds everything on your phone. Been using it for years.

ÆONFLEX-4.2 Why Flash Anything Else.

Mike B.

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
Nice concept but unfortunately it doesn't work very well when the screen brightness is set to "auto". In a relatively dim environment, when 3F would be most useful, the screen is typically also rather dim, greatly decreasing the amount of light reaching the subject. Ideally it would be great if 3F could temporarily force maximum brightness, providing a better flash-like light. Looking forward to future enhancements... ;)

pakitos

Sep 2, 2013
Nice concept but unfortunately it doesn't work very well when the screen brightness is set to "auto". In a relatively dim environment, when 3F would be most useful, the screen is typically also rather dim, greatly decreasing the amount of light reaching the subject. Ideally it would be great if 3F could temporarily force maximum brightness, providing a better flash-like light. Looking forward to future enhancements... ;)

It does go to what it seems to be maximum brightness on mine. I even tested it with Screen Filter on and it was really nice.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
It does go to what it seems to be maximum brightness on mine. I even tested it with Screen Filter on and it was really nice.

It does set full brightness but I forgot about people with auto brightness enabled. I'll just disable that first then when my app is left I'll enable it again (only if enabled when my app was started)

Very glad to see people enjoying it! I'll have the xposed module up sometime this week hopefully. Got a bunch of school projects to do tho :\

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA Members!! :D

I love the front facing camera on my phone but hate how there is no flash on the front. Well i made an app that would allow you to shed a little light on the situation. :p

Its quite simple to use!

Find the app 3F in your app drawer and click it.
    It will launch your default camera app
    Now you will see a button in the center of your screen with "Ready?" in the center.
    Screenshot_2014-03-16-19-15-56.png
    Once you have finished setting any special effects for configurations for the camera, click the "Ready?" button.

Now your screen will seem to have a whitish film over it. You are then instructed to click the shutter button.
    Screenshot_2014-03-16-19-31-45.jpg

Now the screen is entirely white, this is the flash. After you clicked the shutter button, there will be a red dot visible signifying where the shutter button is.
    Screenshot_2014-03-16-19-32-01.png

Now all you need to do is click the red dot to take the actual picture. Once the picture is taken you can review it, however, if you hit "discard" you will need to leave the app and restart 3F to have the flash again.

But thats it! Simple!

I am gonna try to make an xposed module to further simplify this so there won't be any further setup. Simply open your camera app, and another button will appear on your screen, this button will toggle 3F. Once you hit the shutter button, it will automatically show the flash or not depending on your settings.

Hope you guys enjoy this! Hit thanks!! Donate if you feel generous! :) Thanks everyone!
    Here is a with and without picture of me. I know im hideous, don't mean to make your eyes bleed!! :p
    FrontFacingFlashImg_20140316_193038.jpgFrontFacingFlashImg_20140316_193112.jpg

It does set full brightness but I forgot about people with auto brightness enabled. I'll just disable that first then when my app is left I'll enable it again (only if enabled when my app was started)

Very glad to see people enjoying it! I'll have the xposed module up sometime this week hopefully. Got a bunch of school projects to do tho :\

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    this is awesome! Do you think you will bring it to the Play Store?
    Where do the images get saved? I can't seem to find them

I found them in storage/emulated/0/pictures/Front Flash Pictures