[Q] Which apps to disable?

Search This thread

Sam Sung

So far, I've frozen all verizon apps, useless google apps and services (they know who they are...) and several other useless apps and services.

This is my list of disabled Samsung apps & services:

Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
Samsung Cloud Data Relay
Samsung Cloud Quota
Security Policy Updates (probably Verizon...)

What other Samsung apps/svc can be disabled or uninstalled?

Here is the list (for copy/paste convenience):

Samsung contents agent
Samsung Hub
Samsung Link
Samsung Print Services
Samsung Push Service
Samsung SBrowser Sync Adapter
Samsung SNote3 Sync Adapter
Samsung Sync Adapters
Samsung Text to Speech Engine
Samsung Updates
Samsung Hub Updater
Samsung Sans

Any other recommended disables/uninstalls?

Thanks!

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
So far, I've frozen all verizon apps, useless google apps and services (they know who they are...) and several other useless apps and services.

Samsung Cloud Data Relay
Samsung Cloud Quota

Samsung contents agent
Samsung Hub
Samsung Link
Samsung Print Services
Samsung Push Service
Samsung Sync Adapters
Samsung Updates
Samsung Hub Updater
Samsung Sans

Thanks!

Here is a link to my post with a list showing all of the stock apps that I removed. You can delete the rest of the Samsung apps but sans is a font I believe.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46493729&postcount=11

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Sung

Sam Sung

I never had any issues with all of them deleted but it depends on your setup also.

For reference, I haven't experienced any issues. I think I'll just leave them Disabled for the moment, though, as one day I may want to try one of the Samsung protocols to link to one of our other phones for file or media transfer and find that I need one or the other.

I Also have disable all this app but I am facing a issue and that is my signal strength is low now after the disabling the apps. And I am facing the issues in call connectivity.
How can I enhance my signal strength ?

I haven't had any low strength issues. It may be coincidental. Does your signal strength get better in other locations?

You could review the uninstalled apps/services to determine if any of them pertain to signal and re-enable. You could also just re-enable all of the apps/services you disabled before your signal strength issues occurred to see if they go away.

It's also recommended that you nandroid (SS backup) your device before making these kind of changes. Having a nandroid, if I were to have issues, I would make another nandroid of my current (changed) setup, then restore my previous setup to see if the issue exists there.

Sam

Reactions: Gladyscoleman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Samsung Cloud Data Relay
    Samsung Cloud Quota

Samsung contents agent
    Samsung Hub
    Samsung Link
    Samsung Print Services
    Samsung Push Service
    Samsung Sync Adapters
    Samsung Updates
    Samsung Hub Updater
    Samsung Sans

Thanks!

Samsung Cloud Data Relay
    Samsung Cloud Quota

Samsung contents agent
    Samsung Hub
    Samsung Link
    Samsung Print Services
    Samsung Push Service
    Samsung Sync Adapters
    Samsung Updates
    Samsung Hub Updater
    Samsung Sans

Thanks!

Here is a link to my post with a list showing all of the stock apps that I removed. You can delete the rest of the Samsung apps but sans is a font I believe.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46493729&postcount=11
    I never had any issues with all of them deleted but it depends on your setup also.

For reference, I haven't experienced any issues. I think I'll just leave them Disabled for the moment, though, as one day I may want to try one of the Samsung protocols to link to one of our other phones for file or media transfer and find that I need one or the other.

I Also have disable all this app but I am facing a issue and that is my signal strength is low now after the disabling the apps. And I am facing the issues in call connectivity.
    How can I enhance my signal strength ?

I haven't had any low strength issues. It may be coincidental. Does your signal strength get better in other locations?

You could review the uninstalled apps/services to determine if any of them pertain to signal and re-enable. You could also just re-enable all of the apps/services you disabled before your signal strength issues occurred to see if they go away.

It's also recommended that you nandroid (SS backup) your device before making these kind of changes. Having a nandroid, if I were to have issues, I would make another nandroid of my current (changed) setup, then restore my previous setup to see if the issue exists there.

Sam