[Q] Four buttons stopped working: Call/End call/Start/OK. What's the cause / how fix?

Search This thread

riuk

Jan 20, 2011
Hi, the 4 buttons - Call, End call, Start, and OK - have stopped working on my win mo device (kaiser aka tytn2, wm6.1). Keyboard backlight doesn't turn on when I press them. All other keys (including IE, messaging, both soft keys, and all the other keys on the device) are working though, and backlight is turning on with them. Maybe it's related to the fact that a few days ago after disconnecting this device from charging over usb it almost stopped responding so I had to reboot it (device was probably low on memory too just before reboting because of many programs running). Some time after rebooting I noticed exactly these 4 keys not working. Powering it off and on doesn't solve it, I have tried it several times. Trying to assign another action to OK or Start button didn't help too. Looks to me like soft problem still..
How can I find the cause of the problem and fix it thru some setts, user config, user cfg files, registry, etc?
Please help!

Edit: Also, is there a way I could test if Call, End call, Start or OK button is working at the lowest software levels that are possible (like in bootloader screen, etc.)?

Last edited: