[guide][wip] [beginners] how to push a device tree to github

Search This thread

RVR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
SO AS OF NOW WE HAVE GUIDES ABOUT HOW TO MAKE A KERNEL , ROM FROM SOURCE CODES..THIS GUIDE WILL TALK ABOUT PUSHING THE DEVICE TREE OR KERNEL TREE TO YOUR GITHUB ACCOUNT ...THIS IS A BEGINNER'S GUIDE :D IN THIS GUIDE I WILL ASSUME THAT UR BUILDING CM 11

STEP1:- CREATE A GITHUB ACCOUNT
STEP 2 :- CREATE A REPOSITORY BY CLICKING THE "+" beside ur user name and name it "android_device_samsung_i9082"
STEP 3 :- in the terminal navigate to the device folder
Code:
cd cm11/device/samsung/i9082

STEP 4 : WE ADD THE REPOSITORY TO WHICH WE HAVE TO PUSH THE FILES TO
Code:
 git remote add cm https://github.com/username/android_device_samsung_i9082.git
STEP 5: we create a branch
Code:
 git branch cm-11.0
Code:
 git checkout cm-11.0

STEP6: WE PUSH THE THE TREE
Code:
 git push -u cm cm-11.0

THIS GUIDE IS A WIP ... I WILL UPDATE IT SOON WITH PICTURES ..TO MAKE UL UNDERSTAND BETTER ;)

CREDITS
1) @k2wl
2) help.github.com
3) @jackeagle

Last edited:

Trach

Jul 7, 2014
It would be pretty nice if you can add in on how to cherry-pick and git log --graph.Anyways,this guide is very detailed and useful overall and have an awesome say ahead [emoji1][emoji1][emoji106]

Sent from Planet Phaser

RVR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
It would be pretty nice if you can add in on how to cherry-pick and git log --graph.Anyways,this guide is very detailed and useful overall and have an awesome say ahead [emoji1][emoji1][emoji106]

Sent from Planet Phaser
Yea sure ... As u saw .. This guide is a wip .. I will add pictures and more .. Fr users to get a better idea of how its done :D

Trach

Jul 7, 2014
[GUIDE]Git Advanced Methods

Sometimes,you might be wondering how can i update the device tree without deleting my current device tree but through applying the latest changes

Well today i will teach you a new function call cherry-picking.This function is one of the most known features of git as it provides simple and easy copy-pasting job for you

First of all,add the remote first.Note:The hello is the main remote for this link
Code:
git remote add name url
eg: git remote add hello https://github.com/AOGP/android_packages_apps_Lightbulb.git

Second,fetch the remote
Code:
git fetch name
eg: git fetch hello

Thirdly,once finish fetching.Copy the commit id from github
Code:
git cherry-pick SHA-1/Commit ID
eg: git cherry-pick a7d0c5fc6df49a07855ccb36fb22fdaf321e20ba

If you faced any errors,solve them by typing and then see the red color files name in the terminal and fix them by comparing between <<<<<<<HEAD
Code:
git status

Once done solving all the errors,push the commit to github to keep the authorship of the commit as it is rude to just use their work and put yourself as author
Code:
git push [name of the remote] [your repository branch]
eg: git push origin master

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SO AS OF NOW WE HAVE GUIDES ABOUT HOW TO MAKE A KERNEL , ROM FROM SOURCE CODES..THIS GUIDE WILL TALK ABOUT PUSHING THE DEVICE TREE OR KERNEL TREE TO YOUR GITHUB ACCOUNT ...THIS IS A BEGINNER'S GUIDE :D IN THIS GUIDE I WILL ASSUME THAT UR BUILDING CM 11

STEP1:- CREATE A GITHUB ACCOUNT
    STEP 2 :- CREATE A REPOSITORY BY CLICKING THE "+" beside ur user name and name it "android_device_samsung_i9082"
    STEP 3 :- in the terminal navigate to the device folder
    Code:
    cd cm11/device/samsung/i9082

STEP 4 : WE ADD THE REPOSITORY TO WHICH WE HAVE TO PUSH THE FILES TO
    Code:
     git remote add cm https://github.com/username/android_device_samsung_i9082.git
    STEP 5: we create a branch
    Code:
     git branch cm-11.0
    Code:
     git checkout cm-11.0

STEP6: WE PUSH THE THE TREE
    Code:
     git push -u cm cm-11.0

THIS GUIDE IS A WIP ... I WILL UPDATE IT SOON WITH PICTURES ..TO MAKE UL UNDERSTAND BETTER ;)

CREDITS
    1) @k2wl
    2) help.github.com
    3) @jackeagle
    [GUIDE]Git Advanced Methods

Sometimes,you might be wondering how can i update the device tree without deleting my current device tree but through applying the latest changes

Well today i will teach you a new function call cherry-picking.This function is one of the most known features of git as it provides simple and easy copy-pasting job for you

First of all,add the remote first.Note:The hello is the main remote for this link
    Code:
    git remote add name url
    eg: git remote add hello https://github.com/AOGP/android_packages_apps_Lightbulb.git

Second,fetch the remote
    Code:
    git fetch name
    eg: git fetch hello

Thirdly,once finish fetching.Copy the commit id from github
    Code:
    git cherry-pick SHA-1/Commit ID
    eg: git cherry-pick a7d0c5fc6df49a07855ccb36fb22fdaf321e20ba

If you faced any errors,solve them by typing and then see the red color files name in the terminal and fix them by comparing between <<<<<<<HEAD
    Code:
    git status

Once done solving all the errors,push the commit to github to keep the authorship of the commit as it is rude to just use their work and put yourself as author
    Code:
    git push [name of the remote] [your repository branch]
    eg: git push origin master