Flashing T-Mobile Firmware to AT&T N900A Variant

Search This thread

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Hi Everyone -

AT&T finally gave me the unlock code for my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A phone. I'd like the move it to T-Mobile, but have some questions before I do:

1. Is there any way to flash the T-Mobile/N900T firmware to an AT&T N900A variant? I'm talking the official factory firmware...CSC, bootloader, radio, everything needed to essentially do a complete conversion. I'm not interested in custom ROMs based on T-Mobile's firmware and that kind of thing. I assume if there is a way, it's not as simple as flashing N900T firmware in ODIN, since it would probably fail the model checks.

2. Is there any way of enabling the 1700 MHz AWS band for HSPA+ on an N900A? I know it works fine on T-Mobile LTE and will also work on HSPA+ in areas where T-Mobile has refarmed it for 1,900 MHz. I assume the 1,700 MHz lockout on the AT&T version is probably a software limitation inside the modem firmware.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

chase89

Mar 16, 2011
graham nc
I wonder why it would hard brick though. With the exception of atts bl being locked, wouldn't it all be relatively the same? Would it be possible to clean up the n900T bl to match the n900a?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

MC FLMJ1G

Feb 6, 2014
NYC
Hi Everyone -

AT&T finally gave me the unlock code for my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A phone. I'd like the move it to T-Mobile, but have some questions before I do:

1. Is there any way to flash the T-Mobile/N900T firmware to an AT&T N900A variant? I'm talking the official factory firmware...CSC, bootloader, radio, everything needed to essentially do a complete conversion. I'm not interested in custom ROMs based on T-Mobile's firmware and that kind of thing. I assume if there is a way, it's not as simple as flashing N900T firmware in ODIN, since it would probably fail the model checks.

2. Is there any way of enabling the 1700 MHz AWS band for HSPA+ on an N900A? I know it works fine on T-Mobile LTE and will also work on HSPA+ in areas where T-Mobile has refarmed it for 1,900 MHz. I assume the 1,700 MHz lockout on the AT&T version is probably a software limitation inside the modem firmware.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625946

Make sure you pay attention to the Modificatinator file and add the T-Mobile carrier file after installation. Works fine and much better than stock ATT junk rom.

deBricker

May 4, 2012
The Dreaming City, The Reef
Quick question to everybody on here... Is it possible to ODIN the baseband/modem for N900A to the N900T? I want to do this because my service provider is Cricket, which is an MVNO of AT&T. It's not a priority, but is it possible?

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
Quick question to everybody on here... Is it possible to ODIN the baseband/modem for N900A to the N900T? I want to do this because my service provider is Cricket, which is an MVNO of AT&T. It's not a priority, but is it possible?
Probably, and if it doesn't work you can Odin the stock NC2 or NL1 firmwware back and start again with this ROM.

But why? If you're getting LTE the way your phone is (assuming Cricket is giving you LTE), you won't gain anything by flashing a different modem. (Unless you're getting a lot less signal with this ROM than you were with the NC2 or NL1 modems.)