[Q] MTK6589 Cubot GT99 roms ?

Search This thread

SpyderLA

Feb 12, 2011
are there any roms for these chinese phones ?
i suppose all MTK6589 chipset phones work with the same rom ?

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
Anyone else have a problem flashing the latest 803/v3 firmware? I've also tried the CoinCity rom but couldn't see anything new...exactly the same for me.

1. Screen gamma/saturation - can this be changed?
  2. What's your cell standby battery usage like? Mine is 35%+ :/
  3. Changing the lcd density to 245 makes everything looks awesome :)

eldani19

May 15, 2012
I have this smartphone too, I have retired mi old X10i. I wish that the cooks make any nice rom:D

motka11

Oct 27, 2013
CWM install

Hi guys
When I want to install CWM recovery (I puted the recovery file on the SD cart and I installed MTK tools).
Than i go in MTK tools choose Recovery update.Then my phone gets restarted and goes in recovery mode but it there is android logo with message NO COMMAND

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
Hi guys
When I want to install CWM recovery (I puted the recovery file on the SD cart and I installed MTK tools).
Than i go in MTK tools choose Recovery update.Then my phone gets restarted and goes in recovery mode but it there is android logo with message NO COMMAND

Hmm, have you tired restarting holding the volume button down while pressing the power button?
Can you boot normally?

pedrokv

Nov 1, 2013
Hmm, have you tired restarting holding the volume button down while pressing the power button?
Can you boot normally?

no, recovery is made through holding volume up and pressing power button. After you see androind with "no command", release up button and press shortly power button. Then in menu: volume down-scrolling through menus, volume up-enter/ok.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Hi, could anyone help me with Adobe Flash? I installed Opera Classic and Opera for Android, tested my pages meteo.pozorka88.cz/teplomer.php and realized that flash doesn't work. Tried icon Flash player settings, finish with Opera and also built in browser but nothing happened. Help please.

mn1968

Nov 7, 2011
I just came across this phone and am considering purchasing it. Before I do, can anyone comment on the pros and cons of the phone? What I am most interested in is the screen as far as viewing angles. I have contemplated the Alcatel Fierce (which has similar guts as this) but was really disappointed with the viewing angles - if you are not looking at it straight on, it gets all washed out/dark/bluish looking. If this phone has a better display than that I may consider getting the GT99.

Thanks all.

pedrokv

Nov 1, 2013
I have it few weeks with CoinCity 2.0 ROM.

Pros:
-display
-nearly excellent camera-does detailed pictures
-GPS problems can be fixed with a piece of wire connected to the gps connector-further contact from camera lens. GPS fixes faster and has stronger signal. This week I tried it in my car and capitol city Prague and with some version of Sygic it had ~400m lag from real position of my car. After update to newest version it has no lag. But when standing on lights, arrow moves around my position. Do you remember "static navigation" switching on Sirfstar chipsets? This is exactly what it is about.
-back silicone cover included
-it's fast, no lags
-no trash in stock rom and even more no trash in CoinCity ROM
-good speaker, my wife often says, that I am absolutely deaf, in Cubot I hear everything (I want :))
-cheap (banggood.com: 146USD with voucher, free delivery and well packed and on envelope marked as cheap MP4 player for customs reason).

Cons:
-I'm bored from typing anything on display-a lot of mistypings, uncomfortable.. As I had xperia mini pro SK17 and HW keyboard was absolutely comfortable for me
-only one colour led (blue)
-hw under display keys lit only when touched, not with display. Not very easy to find back button on first touch.

Others:
-still did not find ideal contacts and dialer app, as the built in (Coincity) is stupid. I have ConTacTs from some japanese (I think) developer, it is nearly ideal, but could be better.

mn1968

Nov 7, 2011
I appreciate your quick response...not to pester you, but could you tell me about the display? Does it wash out/black out if you tilt the screen too much one way or another?

pedrokv

Nov 1, 2013
No problem. I tried to read SMS from ~80degree angle left/right/up/down from direct view and I think I could read it (but the shiny display behaves as mirror, so it is the only reason for hard reading from that angle). No problem with colors, yes, white is not so white as when it directly lights to your eyes. If you mean normal tilt, with normal use, ie. say 45 degree, you will not see any difference from direct view.

I know what you mean from my old camera, where lcd display shows something totally different when looking directly and when lcd slightly tilted. This is not the case with Cubot.

mn1968

Nov 7, 2011
No problem. I tried to read SMS from ~80degree angle left/right/up/down from direct view and I think I could read it (but the shiny display behaves as mirror, so it is the only reason for hard reading from that angle). No problem with colors, yes, white is not so white as when it directly lights to your eyes. If you mean normal tilt, with normal use, ie. say 45 degree, you will not see any difference from direct view.

I know what you mean from my old camera, where lcd display shows something totally different when looking directly and when lcd slightly tilted. This is not the case with Cubot.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. This seems like a great phone, especially for the price...unfortunately, after further research I have found that this phone will not work properly with AT&T or TMobile in the US.

Good luck to everyone else.

siyman

Aug 17, 2010
Thanks for the detailed feedback. This seems like a great phone, especially for the price...unfortunately, after further research I have found that this phone will not work properly with AT&T or TMobile in the US.

Good luck to everyone else.

So, given Roms to date are CoinCity 2.0, MIUI v5.3.19, some Samsung clones plus some other stock ones regarding needrom.com. Does anyone of you who owns a cubot gt99/XYZ X1 phone could confirm one of them being the best? Some hints for me on how to start giving my new cubot gt99 a good start?

nikos445

Jan 4, 2013
Cubot gt99 rom matrix comparsion!

Here's a ROM matrix for cubot gt99 i made.. :)
lets make our life easier:

htt p://docs. google.com/spread sheet/ccc?key=0AmirP JE-Yf3m dFRnR1RpMksxbXd fNklmUVFKVi1ObH c#gid=0 ;)

fix spaces so see link.. ;)

Top Liked Posts