[ROM/MODS/THEME] Nook Tablet ONE-STOP-SHOP for CM7 | UPDATE! Aug/10

Search This thread

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
What kind of launcher are u using?
How can I get back settings menu in the soft buttons? I am using go launcher, and I can't get to its settings. No matter what I do.

Go launcher is in the OP, when you press the menu button while in home it should pop up the Go Launcher options if not then you need to do the wipes again then apply the theme.

~ Veronica

moukazwina

Jan 25, 2012
I got it working, but browsers got messed up. I uninstalled and reinstalled 2 browsers, same issue. I tried clearing caches, nothing. Only solution was to reboot, and after opening the browsers a couple of times, crashed again.

blitz1416

Jan 14, 2012
Texas
I used this for about 24 hours and loved the graphics and design. But the 100% transparency issue was killing me and I had to switch back. I will look forward to your fix as this was by far the best theme visually I have used. Keep it up Veronica - I certainly appreciate your efforts.

moukazwina

Jan 25, 2012
I tried installing the packages without reinstalling everything.
It kept crashing like crazy. I had to reboot.
This is an interesting theme, but it needs a lot of debugging.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I tried installing the packages without reinstalling everything.
It kept crashing like crazy. I had to reboot.
This is an interesting theme, but it needs a lot of debugging.

Package it's fine tested many times and no one else have issues. Theme has 1 bug and IM looking on it . You must have a bad download, I'll post md5 soon , download again the file in your PC.

Edit: md5: 13d2f2544c1cfa48e10d6d9a518695dc

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :p

Last edited:

moukazwina

Jan 25, 2012
Did you test it with multi-picture live wallpaper? That's what got it messed up.
On top of the browser issues I have encountered.
I liked the WiFi ADB. It makes for en extremely easy transfer of files.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Did you test it with multi-picture live wallpaper? That's what got it messed up.
On top of the browser issues I have encountered.
I liked the WiFi ADB. It makes for en extremely easy transfer of files.

I dont use multi-picture live wallpaper, i used dolphin browser when i was testing CM7 all the time and worked fine no problem.

moxdown

say veronika i did everythin as you said in the op ..... And when i finally reboot i get your xda boot screen , then a black screen for several seconds, then the nook 'n' symbol with a black background appears and my nook once more goes into cwm! I did it several times by backing up my old stuff and restoring ..... reflashing etc But always same thing happens .... In the same order...... Oh i was using the stock rooted firmware rooted and with some of the mods on this forum..... Any ideas?

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
say veronika i did everythin as you said in the op ..... And when i finally reboot i get your xda boot screen , then a black screen for several seconds, then the nook 'n' symbol with a black background appears and my nook once more goes into cwm! I did it several times by backing up my old stuff and restoring ..... reflashing etc But always same thing happens .... In the same order...... Oh i was using the stock rooted firmware rooted and with some of the mods on this forum..... Any ideas?

If this is your the first time flashing CM7 alpha12 then the problem could be: 1. Any of the mods you've done while in stock firmware 2. Bad download (i have posted md5, verify your download) 3. The hosting server is messing up the file (which i doubt it, kind of weird but not impossible).

Tell me more about the mods you've done

~ Veronica

moxdown

If this is your the first time flashing CM7 alpha12 then the problem could be: 1. Any of the mods you've done while in stock firmware 2. Bad download (i have posted md5, verify your download) 3. The hosting server is messing up the file (which i doubt it, kind of weird but not impossible).

Tell me more about the mods you've done

~ Veronica

hardly anything actually ..... Ummm the adhoc wifi fix and one to stop ota updates.... I'll flash the image on to the sd and try .... I'll Tell you what happens in the evening.

darthvince

Jul 16, 2011

This type of problem, among others, is exactly why Celtic asked not to release custom builds before a stable CM7 was achieved. Veronica, look at the problems people are experiencing with this release, and consider taking it down in compliance with Celtic's request. I advise people to simply download Celtic's build and customize it yourselves until a stable build is released.

Thanks

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
hardly anything actually ..... Ummm the adhoc wifi fix and one to stop ota updates.... I'll flash the image on to the sd and try .... I'll Tell you what happens in the evening.

dl the other package from the second link posted and apply in cwm once you have flashed the CM7 Alpha12 ROM from the original thread as base. Let me know if that one flash fine for you and if everything goes well after install my package with the apps as well.

Just to add I have tested same ROM many times in order to release that means I flashed it over and over again until I was happy with the entired result,yet the build is a bit unstable, it can reboot randomly,etc so you must know the most common bugs it has and use at your own risk. This device can be very tricky.

~ Veronica

Last edited:

rjin9673

Dec 20, 2010
This type of problem, among others, is exactly why Celtic asked not to release custom builds before a stable CM7 was achieved. Veronica, look at the problems people are experiencing with this release, and consider taking it down in compliance with Celtic's request. I advise people to simply download Celtic's build and customize it yourselves until a stable build is released.

Thanks

I'm sure Celtic is capable of talking to Veronica on his own. You don't need to create multiple posts on his behalf.

Reactions: Robertoprado

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007

Thanks

I'm sure Celtic is capable of talking to Veronica on his own. You don't need to create multiple posts on his behalf.

MOD NOTICE

As XDA rule 12 states, If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum

I do not want to see any more open discussion about this​

blitz1416

Jan 14, 2012
Texas
So... I am a bit confused. I downloaded the first link, tried it out and liked it, but ultimately reverted back due to 100% transparency issue.

Now there is a second link, which is much smaller... Should I try that one instead? Or is the 100% transparency issue still there and this is a different version of the first download?

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
So... I am a bit confused. I downloaded the first link, tried it out and liked it, but ultimately reverted back due to 100% transparency issue.

Now there is a second link, which is much smaller... Should I try that one instead? Or is the 100% transparency issue still there and this is a different version of the first download?

Its the same version of the theme plus the apps with the notification icons changed plus a go launcher theme so it is not fixed yet, i'll post an update when it's finished and tested.

~ Veronica

C64assembly

Feb 6, 2012
llI know that ribbons softmod cm7 is a work in progress but I really liked thw buld.prop changes and the adb not to nention the inclusion of some useful apps so I decided to work on debugging the apps associated to the file. So I basically installed zeem launcher first and used an app called rom debloater to remove go launcher and Dolphin browser. I. find the stock browser to be a little quicker and lighter on memory. I uninstalled the ics theme and changed it out for the original Ics theme posted in the apps section. This combo solved most of the bugs but no transparency. You can get it back though by going into settings in Zeem as there is a menu section with a sliderto adjust. It is definitely not as elegant but it is more functional. Also the fonts were to small so I used a font editing program to change the point size and reflash. Also I didn't like the four column and 4 row setup in zeem so I changed to 4 column and five rows.

moxdown

veronica i made a video of me trying to get this to work...... just so you could see if im doin anything wrong .... ill upload it asap! and just know im not tryin to degrade ur work......others seem to be using me as a bait to get to you.... im so sorry but know there are more of us who actually appreciate the work the devs do...

mac4rfree

Sep 17, 2010
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi, I am currently in CM7 second build.. Whenever i connect and disconnect my Nook tablet to my laptop, my nook is hanging... Only way is to i have to press the power button for long time and reboot it..

Does this behaviour prevails here also... if not, i will try this ROM...

Cheers!!!!!!

C64assembly

Feb 6, 2012
I have a similar issue only when i unplug my nook from pc, my pc shuts down saying it has experienced a "thermal event". This is using this rom. There is a usb bug somewhere that needs to be squashed. In the meantime you can either power your laptop down before unplugging or set your usb interface from quick release to eject media mode in Device manager if using windows. Dont have this problem in Ubuntu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ~ Mods/Tweaks/Hacks/Themes | NT ONE-STOP-SHOP FOR CM7 ~

NT-CM7.png

[CM7][GB] Soft-mod RibbonICS ROM

Download Link: NT_CM7beta_Ribbon_ICS_v1.zip | md5: dcea819b670c3ce1e94fe718434d3c4b
    Instructions & Changelog: Full wipe before install - Updated to TEAM B+ Beta build

NOTE: The ROM includes Gapps and other goodies.

IF YOU INSTALLED THE ROM ABOVE THERE IS NOT NEED TO INSTALL THE MODS BELOW BECAUSE THE ROM ALREADY HAVE THEM​

MODS

1. BootSound_4_CM7_AFinal

Download: http://minus.com/mNTHETSet/9f | 355.9 KB | md5: 8862de8a08224cc20c1bde68a7bece99
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?s28ohsszrbzzz36

What includes?

* bootsoundtoggle, enablebootsound, newbootanim, newbootsound >> Scripts with different functions
    * android_audio.mp3 >> Ubuntu login sound as boot audio

Tips for this MOD:

* BusyBox required

enablebootsound - enables boot sound if enable from recovery was unsuccesful
    bootsoundtoggle - turns bootsound on or off
    newbootsound - copies /sdcard/android_audio.mp3 OR /sdcard/android_audio.ogg as new boot sound
    newbootanim - copies /sdcard/bootanimation.zip as new bootanimation

* Run the scripts from terminal emulator app:
    Code:
    $ su
    # sh /system/bin/name-of-the-script

* To set custom sound or animation place them on root of sdcard named appropriately i.e. 'bootanimation.zip' and 'android_audio.mp3'/'android_audio.ogg'

INSTALLATION:

1. Download the file of the mod you pick
    2. Copy the zip file in the root (/) of Internal OR External SDcard (Pick one)
    3. Verify md5 of the file >> ES File Explorer>Properties let you check md5
    4. Boot into CWM
    4.1 Go to Backup & restore>> Backup your current ROM if you haven't already
    4.2 Format system, Wipe cache, advanced>> Wipe dalvik cache
    4.3 Re-flash CM7 ROM
    4.4 Flash the mod
    5. Reboot your device. ENJOY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEMES

Theme Chooser Themes:

screenshot-1347482937038.png

* RibbonICS Sept/12

Download: Mirror 1 - Mirror 2 | 5.20 MB | md5: a2c365568879e4da2a1aa140c0ae5eb4

INSTALLATION:

- You must reboot your device after applying theme in theme chooser for all effects to take place.

* RibbonICS Transparent (Discontinued)

Download: Mirror 1 - Mirror 2 | 3 MB | md5: 77ef4759620705d87f60832e43213f41

* @joenathane for ICS theme tweaked for tablets
    * @collins521 for Ribbon icons
    * @Habarug for help me with the transparency of the theme
    * @ZduneX25 for his great guides, and for be awesome! :D
    * All other themers work/icons that i based RibbonICS theme from

Screenshoots:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22859023&postcount=2

~ Veronica
    Screenshots

RibbonICS:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bvwimtmu04pwhmc/kBdOaHEWH7

RibbonICS Transparent:

shot_000008.png
    shot_000010.png
    shot_000013.png

screenshot-1329960642308.png
    screenshot-1334280679360.png
    screenshot-1334280709088.png

screenshot-1329893841479.png
    screenshot-1334280211817.png
    screenshot-1334279796365.png

screenshot-1334279888734.png
    screenshot-1334280354366.png
    screenshot-1334281757558.png

screenshot-1334280548025.png
    shot_000007.png
    screenshot-1334280065835.png

~ Veronica
    Soft-mod RibbonICS CM7 ROM based on Team B+ Alpha build

Alright v2.1 is UP!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?obr4h4f0bpirj8k | md5: 665029cc26d879d7d622a5fc227b4ed2

The video shows you how the theme looks, i explain the functioning of some apps and also shows you how i have setup my Nook Tablet so is not that when you flash this ROM it will look just like in the video.
    It's up to you how you want to setup your NT​

* It is a flashable zip not a backup folder
    * It's not necessary to wipe data, JUST wipe cache/dalvik cache before flash the ROM
    * Create the InternalSD folder withing /sdcard: /sdcard/InternalSD before flash the ROM preferably
    * Go to /system/app using your favorite file explorer and install Hulu+, Netflix and Youtube from there >> replace application: OK, otherwise those apps won't work properly.
    * In a near future i will change to @succulent's kernel (boot.img) for now it has Team B+ kernel.

Changelog:

* It includes all the mods posted in this thread minus transparent status bar mod.
    * Updated most of the apps and re-added ribbon notification icons
    * Added others apps: Go Launcher, Youtube, Google Voice Search
    * Included Multi Mount SDcard Lite to mount /media and /sdcard without issue (Add Widget to home screen)
    * Removed un-useful ringtones folder
    * Tweaked build.prop a bit more
    * Added B&N stock lock/unlock ui sounds
    * Added tun.ko, cifs.ko,etc modules provided by @succulent
    * Fixed wifi issue
    * Modified framework-res.apk to override default wallpaper and lock icons

Please give constructive feedback.

~ Veronica

Thanks

MOD NOTICE

As XDA rule 12 states, If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum

I do not want to see any more open discussion about this​
    Read the OP, this is a softmod version (Google it) . It is a modified version of CM7 Alpha12 that I released as an upgrade to the Stock version with Ribbon ICS style. NOW DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD. Use the thanks button, no need to post it.

- Veronica