[FIXED 4/27/12!] swipe away notifications for Darkside Digital Warfare 2.5/2.6

Search This thread

yoft1

Feb 15, 2012
I would like to take this chance to thank frescoraja for not only knowing what he's doing but also TAKING CUSTOM REQUESTS. It takes a huge amount of time to individually process orders, especially given how many choices he's given us with all of his mods in dw. Cheers to having you on this phone and this ROM.

Reactions: frescoraja

jahrule

Apr 3, 2012
Hi, I am using darkside from and have the mms.apk from dewizzed in other words also mms but when new messages come in they don't show up on the lock screen is there a way to have swipe for new SMS messages on lock screen with the aosp mms.apk?

BRKotucs

Feb 3, 2011
Houston, Tx
Hey dude! Have you thought about making the status bar transparent? It would be really cool if you could do that...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Hey dude! Have you thought about making the status bar transparent? It would be really cool if you could do that?

You do realize that a transparent status bar would result in your wallpaper bleeding through, right?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

757VaPtown

I installed the swipe away feature and it some times glitches when i swipe it away it doesnt go away it will come back. It'll take about 3 trys for it to finally swipe away any thoughts to as why?

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
I installed the swipe away feature and it some times glitches when i swipe it away it doesnt go away it will come back. It'll take about 3 trys for it to finally swipe away any thoughts to as why?

Mine does too. You gotta follow through farther. Short fast swipes make it bounce back.

frescoraja

May 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey dude! Have you thought about making the status bar transparent? It would be really cool if you could do that...

hi brkotucs..
i do have some transparent status bar mods in my mods thread. there are a few issues with it though, which may or may not have a fix:

1) depending on which launcher you use, the wallpaper may or may not bleed through like towle mentioned. for instance, with touchwiz, when displaying the home screen(s), it calculates the wallpaper height/top by subtracting the height of the status bar, so it will always be black behind the status bar with touchwiz. zeam launcher does not do this, so you will see the wallpaper behind the status bar. I have tried editing the wallpapercanvasview.smali class in the touchwiz apk so that it subtracts 0 instead of the height of the statusbar, but it has no effect. that is something i am continuing to work on.. i have a list of launchers that work the best with the mod in the thread.
2) every app deals with the status bar differently. some apps cover it completely, some apps extend a solid color all the way to the top of the screen (which would show up behind a transparent status bar) , and some apps consider the bottom of the status bar as the top of their screen (so the wallpaper would show up in this case, again depending on which launcher you use)
3) when you make the statusbar transparent, notifications can overlap making a mess up there. for example, when you pull down the notification menu, the date appears in the upper left, but the status bar icons behind the date show right through. the way i fix this in my mods is that i make the background of the date black with a kind of glowing color gradient that matches the color of the theme.

BRKOTUCS :
here's your custom color mod (with 50% transparency) with 50% transparency on the status bar too.. see if you like it!

BRKOTUC'S Custom clear pulldown/statusbar mod with swipe and ICS animations

let me know what you think..

frescoraja

Reactions: BRKotucs

BRKotucs

Feb 3, 2011
Houston, Tx
Thanks for replying dude.. I'm running ADW EX Launcher at the moment.

This is my Home Screen with the status bar hidden.
6367ab3b-6d3b-376f.jpg

It shows the status bar as it did before in black.
6367ab3b-6d52-b367.jpg

Transparent pull down bar (still looks good Imo). The status bar doesn't look transparent, It still looks black. I would suggest to leave the color behind the date out.
6367ab3b-6db3-d093.jpg

For some reason Tapatalk wouldn't let me upload another picture at full size. .. So just click on the link to see picture #4.
Using the browser the status bar looks gray..

http://db.tt/qJxq2t1Q

Last edited:

frescoraja

May 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

it's weird i didn't notice this until i had it installed for a few days. its like the novelty wore off so i started swiping more "nonchalantly" and you're right.. it feels kind of sticky. my mod interprets a swipe as when the x-coordinate of the touch event changes by +50% of the screen (right) or -50% of the screen (left) within a specific amount of time, which is a constant of 17694721 (0x010e0001) .. This comes out to about 300.ms.. i will try messing around with some values to improve it.

i did try changing the percentage to higher and lower values, and 50 just seemed to be the most responsive to me.

i will keep you posted on progress.
thanks for the feedback everyone

frescoraja

Last edited:
Reactions: Towle

frescoraja

May 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
yeah, adw launcher was one that didn't seem to be friendly with the clear status bar mod..

here's the same mod with no color behind the date:

download here

i never tested adw launcher with the clear status bar, but someone told me that it worked.. after messing around with the preferences. zeam launcher is the only one i got it to work in flawlessly. and one thing i like about zeam launcher is that you can specify the transparency of the background of the app drawer to match the status bar.

thanks for testing that out..

Reactions: BRKotucs

jesamyn

Jul 20, 2010
Portland, OR
Now that I think about it, I'll understand if you want to wait until tdj releases 2.6. I'd feel bad if I were begging for an update in a few days. ;-)

~ sent from my hard-working TRS-80 using the Tapatalk

frescoraja

May 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
here it is jesamyn:

download here

from what i understand, there won't be any major framework changes in 2.6 so this should work when it comes out anyways!

if it doesn't i don't mind making a new one either... only takes me a few minutes.

let me know if there are any issues!

thanks
frescoraja

Reactions: jesamyn

afbengochea

Jan 10, 2012
Disregard

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    283.9 KB · Views: 3
  • framework-res.apk
    4.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huge thanks to hansip87 for the help (he's an awesome resource, definitely deserves some donations) and to leomar for the additional guidance for porting to samsung devices.. And to Towle for pointing me to the guide!

for those that are rocking the stock Darkside digital warfare 2.5 UI, this flashable zip will make it so that you can swipe notifications away either to the left or the right from the pull down window.

for those that use my colored mods and want to see this function in the one you use, PM me or post here and i will do my best to fulfill all requests!

instructions:
    flash the zip in Clockworkmod recovery
    wait a couple minutes for phone to boot
    if systemui (notification tray at the top) does not appear on first boot, don't worry just reboot and it should be fine.
    let me know if you have any issues !

since the only flag that would effect systemui.apk is the nobatt flag, there is only need for two versions:

Download stock here

Download here for NOBATT flag

FIX FOR BLUETOOTH ICON ( 4/27/12 ) if you use bluetooth, you may have noticed that when you connect to something via bluetooth, the icon doesn't reflect that. it just stays on the gray icon indicating bluetooth is on but not connected. the following cwm-flashable zip will fix that! Doesn't matter which version you have, this is only replacing the framework.jar so everyone that has the swipeable notifications mod should flash this too!

BT ICON FIX

Thanks again, PM me or Post here if you have any problems
    here you go, this will add swipeable notifications to the ICS theme:

Download link

let me know if you have any issues with it

i asked the guy/girl who made this theme if i could add that function to it and post it but they never responded.. i've gotten like a dozen requests for it.. oh well.
    enjoy!
    You do realize that a transparent status bar would result in your wallpaper bleeding through, right?

Yes sir! I sure do...
    I've already had it at 30% before when I was running Sense and it looked great so I know what I'm talking about.

Yes please Im running -wipe-notw-nobatt-volwake blue theme
    fixed bluetooth connected icon

thanks to roguecoyote and dkrcubsfan for pointing this out...

after flashing the swipe-away notifications mod, you may have noticed that your bluetooth icon doesn't change once you've connected to a device. the following flashable zip will fix that issue:

Framework.jar replacement download

or if you want to push the framework.jar to /system/framework yourself, here's the framework.jar:
    framework.jar

just flash this in CWMrecovery and you should be good to go
    let me know if you have any problems!

thanks again

frescoraja