This morning's OTA failing?

Search This thread

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
I think I found a solution: I just installed the stock ROM from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611696

Ho to:
1. Download the file in the firs post
2. Rename it update.zip and put it in the root of the external SD (you need a MicroSD)
3. Reboot into recovery: turn off, press volume up and keep it pressed, turn on, wait for update to complete

Hope this help ;-)

The update that everyone is waiting for (ota anyway) is exactly that rom...root it...unlock bootloader...throw a custom recovery and you'll be good to go

Reactions: PeteSeiler2010

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
I was under the impression that if you remove system apps with programs like titanium backup or systemappremover the OTA updates will fail. So if you have done that, that may be your problem.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Can you guys download TouchUtil app and see if you get breaks when running your fingers across the screen. This has been an issue with a100 since HC. Wondering if Acer fixed it with the latest. Im still running HC but dont want to upgrade if its still not working and having to redowngrade and restore everything from scratch. Thanks guys.

Heres a link to the app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwyLDEsIlBpeGVsYXRlZC5Ub3VjaFV0aWwiXQ..

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Guys, you do realize this is the same build# that Zeronull posted? if you download the rom from his thread you don't need to be rooted, or anything to flash it, just rename it to update.zip and it'll pass your stock recovery's checks and flash it... just saying there's really no reason to go crazy trying to update the hard way.

Shocker580

Apr 15, 2012
Ok but we cannot install the 17MB update, are you sure can we skip this?

And, if is possible, how to enter in recovery?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Power off, hold the device in portrait mode (home key towards your right hand) press and hold the left volume key (if you're holding the device how I explained), now press and hold the power button. After the screen turns on you may release the power button, but keep the volume key pressed until you see message to the effect that it's flashing the update.zip... sorry can't remember exactly what it says.

If it didn't flash the update.zip automatically then you can still flash it from stock recovery.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I just got my official OTA upgrade yesterday. I just tried Touchutil and it seems nothing has changed for me. Finger drawing is continuous, but stylus lines are broken.

Thanks. I had similar experience with the latest leak .14 but I do notice it is better than before with the other leaks. I think we just have to accept this is a hardware issue not software. But overall this latest RC03 is better than any of them even HC. I also notice less accidental tap now like in browser or browsing through netflix. I hated that it always selects a movie before when I was just scrolling. Kudos to Acer although it did take them a while but rather be a while than have early updates with lots if issues.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

To update using leaked .14, download from the link and rename to update.zip
Copy the renamed file to root of micro sd card
Turn tablet off
Hold volume button closest to the power button and then hold power
Once you see the Acer logo you can release the power
Once you see texts on the upper right corner then release volume buton
You will then see green android with green gears moving then a progress bar on the bottom.
Once the progress bar completes the tablet will reboot.
Let it finish boot and thats it.

You dont have to remove the update.zip but maybe rename it so you know what it is and also you dont accidentally flash it again.

Shocker580

Apr 15, 2012
Is there someone with this problem tryed this ?

Other OT question, what are the features of a custorm recovery ? I dont find it..

Top Liked Posts