Any way to disable front camera?

Search This thread

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)

Because i want to?! Actually no need to explain why.
I want it!.....if possible.

But ok.....I feel uncomfortable if a camera always watches me ;)
It is like on my Laptop. I have disabled it in the Hardware Settings. If i need it i'll enable it.
And don't tell me you've never heard about webcam fraud.

Reactions: EuphoricFuzion

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)

In the case that i really wanna use it it would be too complicated.
I was also thinkin about that.....Till now i have no use of Snapchat.
And i think that will last for a while. I am not the Hardcore chatter.

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
Google might be buddies with the NSA but I highly doubt the front camera is watching you :D

Besides, I'd be more worried about them secretly tracking you using GPS, Wifi or cell tower triangulation :eek:

2402029-8387291288-13632.jpg

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)
If software can disable the camera then software can enable to camera. If there is a way to disable the camera with software then a good hack can enable the camera.
Not if you do not have administration rights and can handle this somehow in that way. Damit i'm rooted.

But switch as a widget or something can show if it is active or something.

Last edited:

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)
Google might be buddies with the NSA but I highly doubt the front camera is watching you :D

Besides, I'd be more worried about them secretly tracking you using GPS, Wifi or cell tower triangulation :eek:

I know i can't be 100% save. And it also not only against google.
It is also against all the other Apps which want your contacts and all other data which they want but which is not nesessary for an App to work.
I'm already restricting a lot with XPrivacy.

And from the Aluminuim Helmet i am still far away :)
But the useless collection of data annoys me.

Actually i have nothing to hide.
But i do it out of protest. And because i do not need most of the features which track me, give me advertising and other Bull****. I like it minimal (maybe i should buy not a smartphone, but without that i cant be on XDA ^^)

But it is not you who decides if you have something to hide or not. I even do not use Payback cards :cowboy:

Last edited:
Reactions: EuphoricFuzion

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
It is also against all the other Apps which want your contacts and all other data which they want but which is not nesessary for an App to work.

But i do it out of protest. And because i do not need most of the features which track me, give me advertising and other Bull****. I like it minimal (maybe i should buy not a smartphone, but without that i cant be on XDA ^^)

But it is not you who decides if you have something to hide or not. I even do not use Payback cards :cowboy:

I do actually agree with you :)

I also hate how we're treated as "products" by companies these days.... Facebook, Google, you name it. They exist to monetise their users and their personal information.

Like you I block a lot of apps from accessing my data and location etc... but I think you're out of luck with the camera other than using some tape!

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)

The price for "Everything is Free" mentality. I even do not have a paid choice in this case ^^
And often i can not live without them anymore. Too used to these damn things. The strategy worked.

But i closed down my Gmail account. Now i use a russian provider:laugh::laugh::laugh::eek:
And we are not treated as products. In the view of Google, Facebook and so on we are products.
Every product has some kind of properties. These properties are used to make personalized advertisement
So they want to sell me things which i never bought till now. For me this PA thing never worked. Ok i'm trying to avoid it is far as possible :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there any way to disable the facing camera?
    Any toogle switch for that as Xposed module or App?

Because i want to?! Actually no need to explain why.
    I want it!.....if possible.

But ok.....I feel uncomfortable if a camera always watches me ;)
    It is like on my Laptop. I have disabled it in the Hardware Settings. If i need it i'll enable it.
    And don't tell me you've never heard about webcam fraud.
    Just stick a black piece of tape into it. :D
    Or disassemble the phone and put the tape behind the glass.
    You're gonna regret it, Snapchat is the new trend...