[Q] Bricked i337 -- URGENT

Search This thread

Suprr

Jun 1, 2014
Hi everyone,
I am new to android mods and such and I may very well sound like an idiot. However, even though I know little to nothing of what I am talking about I am in dire need of help. I never did any heavy modifications like custom ROMS but I merely rooted it and installed some tweaks via the xda installer. After toying around with one of the tweaks I seemed to cause an annoying random reboot which would happen when I would sometimes go to unlock my phone. Fine, I could deal with a few reboots here and there. However, my phone recently got stuck on the AT&T loading emblem and stood in my pocket for 2 hours draining a lot of battery and has not been resolved since. I am unable to enter safe mode and I tried a few guides to flash it to stock but I honestly have NO IDEA what I am doing. I am aimlessly following guides here but there is so much variability therefore I feel as if I would have the most success with personalized help.

What do I do? Please use simplified terms along with (relatively) full steps. For example, if I were to flash something I would go into recovery mode with home + vol up button factory reset, and the AT&T logo would still be there, frozen.

Things I have tried but have probably done wrong:
Factory reset
Install custom ROM

All and ANY help is appreciated at this point, I am desperate.
Thank you,
Suprr
Also, my ultimate goal is to install http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2520418 this mod, or at the very least get the stock ROM working so my phone is usable.

Last edited:

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
Hi everyone,
I am new to android mods and such and I may very well sound like an idiot. However, even though I know little to nothing of what I am talking about I am in dire need of help. I never did any heavy modifications like custom ROMS but I merely rooted it and installed some tweaks via the xda installer. After toying around with one of the tweaks I seemed to cause an annoying random reboot which would happen when I would sometimes go to unlock my phone. Fine, I could deal with a few reboots here and there. However, my phone recently got stuck on the AT&T loading emblem and stood in my pocket for 2 hours draining a lot of battery and has not been resolved since. I am unable to enter safe mode and I tried a few guides to flash it to stock but I honestly have NO IDEA what I am doing. I am aimlessly following guides here but there is so much variability therefore I feel as if I would have the most success with personalized help.

What do I do? Please use simplified terms along with (relatively) full steps. For example, if I were to flash something I would go into recovery mode with home + vol up button factory reset, and the AT&T logo would still be there, frozen.

Things I have tried but have probably done wrong:
Factory reset
Install custom ROM

All and ANY help is appreciated at this point, I am desperate.
Thank you,
Suprr
Also, my ultimate goal is to install http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2520418 this mod, or at the very least get the stock ROM working so my phone is usable.

I am assuming that you havent yet taken the OTA update to NB1 and your base is MK2. Or, do you have a MDB/MDL bootloader?

If MK2: You have to flash the full stock Mk2 firmware using odin. Download the "Full odin tar files" from the All things ATT thread

if MDB/MDL: Download the stock firmware from sammobile and flash using Odin.

Suprr

Jun 1, 2014

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Jmjoyas told me to flash the full tar version and No I do not.

He must have determined you are not on mdl/mdl firmware. Those firmwares would allow you to easily flash custom roms, nb1 is not as easy and limited to touch wiz based roms. Do you know if you had a custom recovery, twrp or cwm?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Suprr

Jun 1, 2014
He must have determined you are not on mdl/mdl firmware. Those firmwares would allow you to easily flash custom roms, nb1 is not as easy and limited to touch wiz based roms. Do you know if you had a custom recovery, twrp or cwm?

To be frank, I have not a clue of what any of those are.

Suprr

Jun 1, 2014
Alright, then the link you posted to the nb1 firmware should be ok for you to flash in Odin

I am flashing it right now. Let's hope it works.

EDIT:

Flashed the full tar version for mk2 to no avail via Odin

Last edited:

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Flashing the MK2 full tar file from here in Odin 1.85 says it was successful (green box) and when I went to restart the phone it was still stuck on the AT&T logo.

Boot into recovery and do a factory reset. That should get you past the bootloop

Ps, the first boot is going to take longer than normal. Give it a good 10 minutes

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota