[Q] Can't hard reset

Search This thread

BADDREAMS

Aug 6, 2011
XDA Orbit2. Can't access. Message on screen says "Several incorrect passwords have been entered.To continue password entry, enter 'a1b2c3' . In case of emergency, enter an emergeny phone number. "
As I can't access the keyboard I can't enter anything. Soft reset just returns to the same screen. Can't do a hard reset. Can connect via Active sync.
Can anyone suggest where I could go from here?

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
XDA Orbit2. Can't access. Message on screen says "Several incorrect passwords have been entered.To continue password entry, enter 'a1b2c3' . In case of emergency, enter an emergeny phone number. "
As I can't access the keyboard I can't enter anything. Soft reset just returns to the same screen. Can't do a hard reset. Can connect via Active sync.
Can anyone suggest where I could go from here?

First of all you should try hard reset again by:
- Press and hold the GPS/MESSAGING and INTERNET EXPLORER
buttons, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET
button at the bottom of your device.
- Release the RESET button, but continue pressing the GPS/ MESSAGING and INTERNET EXPLORER buttons until you see this message on the screen " This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press send to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel "

- Release the buttons, and then press SEND on your device to perform
the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
if it still does not help try to reflash with official rom which you can get in http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category=windows mobile&model=Polaris

Last edited:

BADDREAMS

Aug 6, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I've tried to hard reset many times but the screen defaults to the error message as described in the first post. As I have no experience of flashing the Rom can you point me to a step by step guide to doing this ?

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
Thanks for the reply. I've tried to hard reset many times but the screen defaults to the error message as described in the first post. As I have no experience of flashing the Rom can you point me to a step by step guide to doing this ?

as mentioned in your first post, that device can not connect via Active sync !! so you'd better try to flash the rom via SD card. concerning the guidelines you can look at ~ http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2104049&postcount=1

BADDREAMS

Aug 6, 2011
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I didn't make myself properly understood but I can establish an ActivSync connection and can see my phone on my laptop it just that the phone itself only shows the error message. Can I do anything via the PC aActiv Sync link that might restart the phone? Thanks again.

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I didn't make myself properly understood but I can establish an ActivSync connection and can see my phone on my laptop it just that the phone itself only shows the error message. Can I do anything via the PC aActiv Sync link that might restart the phone? Thanks again.

You can not restart the phone via ActiveSync! but you can do flash Hspl, radio, rom, backing up contacts and SMS and other

BADDREAMS

Aug 6, 2011
Thanks to Hakim for for the good advice.!! Phone now accessible !! Now if I can only find that Applications CD!!

asmithson

Aug 31, 2011
Hi guys, I have a O2 XDA and since yesterday I am having EXACTLY the same errormsg "Several incorrect passwords have been entered.To continue password entry, enter 'a1b2c3 ...." Trouble is I cannot type in anything as it is not registering. I have tried soft reset, but after loading Windows Mobile software, it comes back to the same screen and then to my main 4 digit Pin entry screen. I have tried Hard Reset by pressing the green and red phone keys at the bottom of the phone and pressing the reset button at the same time but it still comes back the same screens as abopve. I have connected the phone to my laptop with Active Sync but it gives error message that my phone is locked and to unlock it and try again :-( HELP please as I am completely stuck. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
Hi guys, I have a O2 XDA and since yesterday I am having EXACTLY the same errormsg "Several incorrect passwords have been entered.To continue password entry, enter 'a1b2c3 ...." Trouble is I cannot type in anything as it is not registering. I have tried soft reset, but after loading Windows Mobile software, it comes back to the same screen and then to my main 4 digit Pin entry screen. I have tried Hard Reset by pressing the green and red phone keys at the bottom of the phone and pressing the reset button at the same time but it still comes back the same screens as abopve. I have connected the phone to my laptop with Active Sync but it gives error message that my phone is locked and to unlock it and try again :-( HELP please as I am completely stuck. Thanks in advance for any help.

if your device is O2 XDA, to perform hard reset look at http://www.hardreset.eu/o2_xda_hard_reset_soft_reset_en.html

how to do a hard reset as I point on the previous post it is for O2 XDA Orbit 2 and not for O2 XDA

johnone007

Oct 6, 2011
Hi

I have an extremely noob question, and will probably be the first in a series of them.

In all the instructions for hard reset of xda orbit 2 it says to press the send button.

There is no send button on my phone

I have
Ok
windows
phone pick up
phone hang up
and a big round one in the middle used for select in navigation

None of which seem to hard reset the phone.
When I say that, I mean everything including my settings are still present after hitting those keys.

I think I need to flash it as its being all weird but would like to try a hard reset first.

I'd appreciate any help in baby language

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
Hi

I have an extremely noob question, and will probably be the first in a series of them.

In all the instructions for hard reset of xda orbit 2 it says to press the send button.

There is no send button on my phone

I have
Ok
windows
phone pick up
phone hang up
and a big round one in the middle used for select in navigation

None of which seem to hard reset the phone.
When I say that, I mean everything including my settings are still present after hitting those keys.

I think I need to flash it as its being all weird but would like to try a hard reset first.

I'd appreciate any help in baby language

for more details of doing a hard reset on your XDA Orbit, then you should see and follow the instructions at http://www.hardreset.eu/o2_xda_orbit2_hard_reset_soft_reset.html

Top Liked Posts