Trouble getting my GPS to sync w/ WM6 Bluetooth

Search This thread

esskay

Jan 21, 2008
I just bought a Holux M-241 Bluetooth GPS reciever to work in conjunction with my Vogue (CDMA HTC touch), I've tried to follow the instructions provided to create a device relationship, but the instructions were written to connect to a WM5 device whereas my touch is WM6 and I keep on getting hung up when it asks me to enter a passcode.

This is the first time I've tried to use bluetooth with my touch and it doesn't mention anything about passcodes in the GPS setup instructions. I've tried entering both the P/N and the S/N numbers written on a sticker on the back of the M-241, as well as my device password, but it always tells me that "the passcode is incorrect" and then it drops the bluetooth connection from both the system tray and the M-241.

I must be doing something wrong, I would really appreciate if someone has any advice on this situation.

- Sam

shorty66

Mar 24, 2006
Try to use "0000" or "1234" wich are often the standard codes.

I got a similar problem: My HTC Wizard recognises my Bluetooth mouse (HID) and it also pairs. My mouse works without passcode and it Pairs without entering one.
Though, when it comes to register the device as an HID Device after Pairing, WM aks for the Passcode again. This time, the "next" button stays grey until anything is entered. As my mouse works WITHOUT a passcode, I cannot register it the right way.

Is there any solution to adding an HID device without passcode to my wizard?

gauntman

Jun 3, 2007
Västerås
When using GPS in WM6 make sure the built-in GPS feature in "programs" is diabled. I had problems with my Globalsat BT-359, it wouldn´t pair and it turned out to be the built-in feature that was making a hard time. It was somehow on by default and when I diabled it I could pair on first try.

Just a thought.

adidas4275

Apr 26, 2007
on my hermes w/ WM6 i pair it using the (passcode from documentation) then I use 0000 as the passcode when prompted.

I have a different GPS but usually 0000 is the passcode

esskay

Jan 21, 2008
thanks for the help everybody!

"0000" was the passcode.

I'm a taxi driver and being able to pair my GPS to my Touch to find the shortest routes has changed the way I drive.

All the best,
- Sam

francoml

Aug 17, 2006
Sao Paulo
netup.com
Holux M-241 don't work after pairing

Hi, I paired my Holuix M-241 ith the XDA-Exec, authorized it, created the outgoing COM port as explained on the manual, BUT openning google maps, it don't get current position, I WHAT I have to do?

Please, HELP .

Thanks