Totally bricked [SOLVED]

Search This thread

DracoManX69

Apr 7, 2012
OK guys so I got my xperia zl today, updated to 4.3 (.569), unlocked the boot loader, then tried flashing a CWM, now the phone is utterly and totally bricked, I tried the volume buttons + power button trick nothing, won't turn on at all, no fastboot, no flashmode, pc companion wont recognize it, the only thing I can get out of it is a single vibrate if I hold down the reset button at the back but even after that I get nothing, at all, the only thing that does anything is holding the reset button, any help would be greatly appreciated and if one of you magnificent people can get my phone working again I will send you money through paypal as a thank you,

[SOLVED] Check post 4

Last edited:

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
OK guys so I got my xperia zl today, updated to 4.3 (.569), unlocked the boot loader, then tried flashing a CWM, now the phone is utterly and totally bricked, I tried the volume buttons + power button trick nothing, won't turn on at all, no fastboot, no flashmode, pc companion wont recognize it, the only thing I can get out of it is a single vibrate if I hold down the reset button at the back but even after that I get nothing, at all, the only thing that does anything is holding the reset button, any help would be greatly appreciated and if one of you magnificent people can get my phone working again I will send you money through paypal as a thank you,

go to service centre they wont recognise if the phone has unlocked bootloader or not bcoz it doesnt start !so they will jst replace it tell them that u were updating it to 4.3 and afterwards it didnt boot.dont tell them u have unlocked bootloader or any WARRENTY RELATED STUFF.u will get a new one for free

Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel

This phone doesnt have any Volume +/- power button trick. It ONLY has the yellow reset button. Its a pain in the A*S!

Try a few things first.

1) When you hold down the yellow reset button, are you ONLY holding it down for a few seconds, and it vibrates ONCE?
Have you tried holding it down for 10 seconds, until it vibrates TWICE, indicating it has powered off completely, and THEN try connecting it?

2) If step 1 got your phone to power off completely try:
-Connecting your phone to your PC via USB with the volume DOWN button held and see if you get a GREEN L.E.D. If you do you have
successfully entered flash mode, in which case you can simply flash an FTF file with flashtool.

-Connecting your phone to your PC via USB with the volume UP button held and see if you get a BLUE L.E.D. If you do you have
successfully entered fastboot. From here, as long as you have ADB and your devices drivers installed on your computer, you can flash
a boot.img or "Kernel" with a fastboot command in a command window (fastboot flash boot boot.img). The easiest way to get a kernel or
boot.img with a baked in recovery is to download the latest Cyanogenmod, unzip and extract the boot.img, and flash it via fastboot.
Since you have an unlocked bootloader already, your device should be able to use an AOSP kernel.
From there you should be able to at least boot into recovery, and flash something from your SD card.
Id recommend just flashing the latest Cyanogenmod just to get your device up and running. From there you should be able to follow steps
get back to stock if thats what your looking for.

I hope at least one of these options work.

If not, like that last guy said, take it to a service center and get it checked out.

GOOOOD LUUUUCK!!

DracoManX69

Apr 7, 2012
go to service centre they wont recognise that if the phone has unlocked bootloader bcoz it doesnt start !so they will jst replace it tell them that u were updating it to 4.3 and afterwards it didnt boot.dont tell them u have unlocked bootloader or any WARRENTY RELATED STUFF.u will get a new one for free

Yeah man that would've been my first guess at what to do if i didn't get it fixed but FUKKEN SOLVED YESSSSSSSSSSS, intially all i could get was a single buzz holding the reset button, but then (out of fustration) i decided to hold it past the first vibrate, then 3 vibrates happened in a row, next thing i know flashmode and fastboot mode working :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :good: :good: :good: :good: :D :D :D :D :victory: :victory: :victory:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Yeah man that would've been my first guess at what to do if i didn't get it fixed but FUKKEN SOLVED YESSSSSSSSSSS, intially all i could get was a single buzz holding the reset button, but then (out of fustration) i decided to hold it past the first vibrate, then 3 vibrates happened in a row, next thing i know flashmode and fastboot mode working :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :good: :good: :good: :good: :D :D :D :D :victory: :victory: :victory:

Read my reply ;)

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
haha yeah i had to hold my down for a bit longer idk why, and it vibrated 3 times, then i got it back into fastboot/flashmode and fixed it from there, but thanks anyway

All ZL's are like that. Hold down till 1 vibration for reboot. Hold down till 3 vibrations for power off. The yellow reset button will not power on the device however. I figured I'd check just incase my power button decided to go for a sh*t.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk