[KERNEL] Pimped Kernel (For CM-based 4.4.x Roms) [SoundControl/GPU OC/IntelliPlug/PowerSuspend...]

Search This thread

Androguide.fr

Account currently disabled
Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
[KERNEL] Pimped Kernel (For CM-based 4.4.x Roms) [SoundControl/GPU OC/IntelliPlug/PowerSuspend...]

OcVvKoc.png

I do not own the Z1 Compact, but as it's very similar to the Z1 I will be supporting it as well.
Please report whether this initial release works as expected or not

All the kernel features are controllable through my Pimp My Z1 app, (thread here).

Features
  • Sound Control: Faux123's GPL Sound Control 3
  • GPU OC : 200MHz / 320MHz / 389MHz / 487.5MHz / 533MHz / 600MHz frequency scaling steps (use Pimp My Z1)
  • Intelliplug: Faux123's latest intelliplug hotplugging driver with eco mode (v5.0)
  • MPDecision: showp1984's open-source & customizable msm_mpdecision hotplugging driver
  • Dynamic Fsync: Faux123's Dynamic File Sync v1.5
  • PowerSuspend: Faux123's power_suspend driver (replacing early_suspend)
  • Snake Charmer: Faux123's msm_cpufreq_limit CPU frequency limiter driver
  • CPU Boost: Faux123's CPU Input Boost module (will soon add controls for it in Pimp My Z1)
  • GPU Wake-on-touch: allows touch events to wake the GPU if it was previously in slumber
  • KSM: Kernel Same-page Merging enabled
  • exFAT: Samsung's open-source exFAT driver
  • F2FS: Samsung's F2FS nand-optimized file system support
  • CPUPower: Linaro's cpupower PM driver
  • Kernel mode NEON: NEON-accelerated XOR framework & support for NEON instructions in kernel mode
  • Overall Stats: CPU overall stats on a per-core basis
  • Compression: XZ Compressed & LZ4 compression algorithm support
  • Sched MC: Multi-Core Power Savings support
  • Sched SMT: Multi-Thread Power Savings support
  • Arch_Power: arch-specific power sched features enabled
  • Workqueue: backported from kernel 3.7, allows CPU hotplug to keep idle workers (learn more)
  • Toolchain: Built with Linaro GCC 4.8.3 toolchain from 14.02 release
  • Optimizations: Built with -O2 and many optimization flags
  • Kexec-hardboot ?: attempted to port @Tassadar's kexec-hardboot patches from the nexus 5, needs testing and confirmation that it works

• Additional Governors:
    • Intellidemand
    • Intelliactive
    • InteractiveX2
    • SmartassV2
    • Lagfree
    • Wheatley
    • Lionheart
    • Badass

• Additional I/O Schedulers:
    • SIO (SImple Ondemand)
    • FIOPS (Fair Input/Output Per Second)
    • BFQ (Budget Fair Queueing)

• Additional TCP Congestion Algorithms:

Download
Initial Release: 2014-03-22
Flashable Zip: http://d-h.st/0qt
This is a test build, and hasn't been tested prior to release, please provide feedback if you flash it

Sources
The sources are obviously covered by the General Public License, and are available on my github at: https://github.com/PimpedKernel/android_kernel_sony_msm8974/commits/pimped-kernel

Credits
  • Thanks to faux123 for all his contributions to the android kernel community, many of which are implemented here
  • Thanks to showp1984 for his msm_mpdecision hotplug driver
  • Thanks to DooMLoRD for all the cherry-picked features from his DoomKernel
  • Thanks to krabapel2458 for the inital port from DoomKernel of features like GPU OC, some governors and more.
  • And of course, thanks to FreeXperia and Kali- in particular, for the device bring-up

XDA:DevDB Information
Pimped Kernel, a Kernel for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
Androguide.fr
Kernel Special Features: Sound Control, GPU OC, Intelliplug, PowerSuspend, Dynamic Fsync, exFAT, F2FS, KSM, Intellidemand, Intelliactive, SmartassV2, InteractiveX2, Lionheart, Wheatley, Badass, Lagfree, BFQ, SIO, FIOPS, Westwood, Hybla, HSTCP, HTCP, Veno, Illinois, LP, BIC...

Version Information

Created 2014-03-21
Last Updated 2014-03-22

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
@Androguide.fr
Installation aborted, wrong device name :'(

edited: updater script, but after flash gives no changes, recovery problem?

edit 2: sorry if i´m ignorant, is there really any kernel inside .zip?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My bad, I was tired yesterday night I apparently forgot to add the boot.img to the flashable zip...
I reuploaded it, the updater-script error should be fixed too: http://d-h.st/0qt

Reactions: funiewski
My bad, I was tired yesterday night I apparently forgot to add the boot.img to the flashable zip...
I reuploaded it, the updater-script error should be fixed too: http://d-h.st/0qt

now first i got error status 6, edited updater script - deleted all get prop lines, flashed succesfully, but i (don´t know if that is a problem) forget to wipe cash and dalvik, phone boots upp but freezed after a minut, reboots, now i tried to wipe cash but no go bcs you have twrp for z1 (wrong resolution), after reboot better but very often not responsive

thx for you work and keep up:good:

Reactions: Androguide.fr

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
now first i got error status 6, edited updater script - deleted all get prop lines, flashed succesfully, but i (don´t know if that is a problem) forget to wipe cash and dalvik, phone boots upp but freezed after a minut, reboots, now i tried to wipe cash but no go bcs you have twrp for z1 (wrong resolution), after reboot better but very often not responsive

thx for you work and keep up:good:

Thanks a lot for testing :good:
You don't need to wipe cache/dalvik when installing a kernel, no problems there.
Could you (or someone else) please provide me with a kmsg or the freeze/reboot ?
Hook your device up to your pc and make sure adb is enabled, when the device freezes, run this command:
Code:
adb shell cat /proc/kmsg > kmsg.txt
If it doesn't work, wait for the device to freeze and reboot, and after the reboot run:
Code:
adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt

Then please post the resulting kmsg.txt and/or last_kmsg.txt files here.

Thanks a lot for testing :good:
You don't need to wipe cache/dalvik when installing a kernel, no problems there.
Could you (or someone else) please provide me with a kmsg or the freeze/reboot ?
Hook your device up to your pc and make sure adb is enabled, when the device freezes, run this command:
Code:
If it doesn't work, wait for the device to freeze and reboot, and after the reboot run:
Code:

Then please post the resulting kmsg.txt and/or last_kmsg.txt files here.

got some interseting problems here: tmp-mksh: can't create kmsg.txt: Read-only file system

same when i try to get last_ksmg

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
got some interseting problems here: tmp-mksh: can't create kmsg.txt: Read-only file system

same when i try to get last_ksmg
Make sure you cd to your home directory (or any directory you have write access to) on your pc before running these commands, for example:
Code:
cd ~
adb root

Reactions: wwwjunkboywww
Make sure you cd to your home directory (or any directory you have write access to) on your pc before running these commands, for example:
Code:
cd ~
adb root

C:\Users\Funio>adb shell
shell@amami:/ $ cd ~
cd ~
shell@amami:/data $ adb root
adb root
error: device not found
1|shell@amami:/data $ su
su
root@amami:/data # adb root
adb root
1|root@amami:/data #

Last edited:

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
C:\Users\Funio>adb shell
shell@amami:/ $ cd ~
cd ~
shell@amami:/data $ adb root
adb root
1|shell@amami:/data $ su
su
adb root
1|root@amami:/data #
You're trying to run adb commands inside an adb shell, that obviously won't work:
Code:

Execute the commands I quoted earlier exactly, in the same order.
Or just copy/paste the following in a shell script in your home directory on your pc, say kmsg-script.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
adb root

Then open a terminal on your pc, chmod and execute the script:
Code:
cd ~
chmod +x kmsg-script.sh
./kmsg-script.sh

Reactions: funiewski

marouane80

Apr 4, 2010
finally, you did it ! thank you so much
if you come someday to morocco, i will pay a cup of tea for you (with naa-naa)
:good:

please edit pimp my z1 apk => pimp my z1 compact !

You're trying to run adb commands inside an adb shell, that obviously won't work:
Code:

Execute the commands I quoted earlier exactly, in the same order.
Or just copy/paste the following in a shell script in your home directory on your pc, say kmsg-script.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
adb root

Then open a terminal on your pc, chmod and execute the script:
Code:
cd ~
chmod +x kmsg-script.sh
./kmsg-script.sh
[/QUOTE[/I]
:eek:
I can not get it to work, phone is freezing after kmsg command, after restart is still not responding, i have no time this evening to continue, back tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: Androguide.fr

marouane80

Apr 4, 2010
for the error on the recovery installation, just delete getprop on the updater-script !:good:

all these lines

(getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6902" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "C6902" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6903" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "C6903" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6906" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "C6906" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6943" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "C6943" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "honami" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "honami") ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "amami" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "amami") || abort("This package is for \"C6902,C6903,C6906,C6943,honami,amami\" devices
this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

or flash the boot.img with fastboot
and copy and past de wifi module with your root explorer app

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

please, make the kernel with official CWR from amami not honami, twrp doesn't work !
thank you

Last edited:

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I can not get to wotk, phone is freezing after kmsg command, after restart is still not responding, i have no time this evening to continue, back tomorrow
No problem man, no hurry, thanks for your help so far.

Thanks for your nice words, I love tea with mint ;)
My father was born in Oujda, but I only went to morocco once, when I was a baby.

please, make the kernel with official CWR from amami not honami, twrp doesn't work !
thank you
I will use CWM next build, no problem.
But I need to find what is causing the freezes/reboots first, which is hard without a kmsg as I don't have the device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OcVvKoc.png

I do not own the Z1 Compact, but as it's very similar to the Z1 I will be supporting it as well.
    Please report whether this initial release works as expected or not

All the kernel features are controllable through my Pimp My Z1 app, (thread here).

Features
    • Sound Control: Faux123's GPL Sound Control 3
    • GPU OC : 200MHz / 320MHz / 389MHz / 487.5MHz / 533MHz / 600MHz frequency scaling steps (use Pimp My Z1)
    • Intelliplug: Faux123's latest intelliplug hotplugging driver with eco mode (v5.0)
    • MPDecision: showp1984's open-source & customizable msm_mpdecision hotplugging driver
    • Dynamic Fsync: Faux123's Dynamic File Sync v1.5
    • PowerSuspend: Faux123's power_suspend driver (replacing early_suspend)
    • Snake Charmer: Faux123's msm_cpufreq_limit CPU frequency limiter driver
    • CPU Boost: Faux123's CPU Input Boost module (will soon add controls for it in Pimp My Z1)
    • GPU Wake-on-touch: allows touch events to wake the GPU if it was previously in slumber
    • KSM: Kernel Same-page Merging enabled
    • exFAT: Samsung's open-source exFAT driver
    • F2FS: Samsung's F2FS nand-optimized file system support
    • CPUPower: Linaro's cpupower PM driver
    • Kernel mode NEON: NEON-accelerated XOR framework & support for NEON instructions in kernel mode
    • Overall Stats: CPU overall stats on a per-core basis
    • Compression: XZ Compressed & LZ4 compression algorithm support
    • Sched MC: Multi-Core Power Savings support
    • Sched SMT: Multi-Thread Power Savings support
    • Arch_Power: arch-specific power sched features enabled
    • Workqueue: backported from kernel 3.7, allows CPU hotplug to keep idle workers (learn more)
    • Toolchain: Built with Linaro GCC 4.8.3 toolchain from 14.02 release
    • Optimizations: Built with -O2 and many optimization flags
    • Kexec-hardboot ?: attempted to port @Tassadar's kexec-hardboot patches from the nexus 5, needs testing and confirmation that it works

• Additional Governors:
      • Intellidemand
      • Intelliactive
      • InteractiveX2
      • SmartassV2
      • Lagfree
      • Wheatley
      • Lionheart
      • Badass

• Additional I/O Schedulers:
      • SIO (SImple Ondemand)
      • FIOPS (Fair Input/Output Per Second)
      • BFQ (Budget Fair Queueing)

• Additional TCP Congestion Algorithms:

Download
    Initial Release: 2014-03-22
    Flashable Zip: http://d-h.st/0qt
    This is a test build, and hasn't been tested prior to release, please provide feedback if you flash it

Sources
    The sources are obviously covered by the General Public License, and are available on my github at: https://github.com/PimpedKernel/android_kernel_sony_msm8974/commits/pimped-kernel

Credits
    • Thanks to faux123 for all his contributions to the android kernel community, many of which are implemented here
    • Thanks to showp1984 for his msm_mpdecision hotplug driver
    • Thanks to DooMLoRD for all the cherry-picked features from his DoomKernel
    • Thanks to krabapel2458 for the inital port from DoomKernel of features like GPU OC, some governors and more.
    • And of course, thanks to FreeXperia and Kali- in particular, for the device bring-up

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pimped Kernel, a Kernel for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    Androguide.fr
    Kernel Special Features: Sound Control, GPU OC, Intelliplug, PowerSuspend, Dynamic Fsync, exFAT, F2FS, KSM, Intellidemand, Intelliactive, SmartassV2, InteractiveX2, Lionheart, Wheatley, Badass, Lagfree, BFQ, SIO, FIOPS, Westwood, Hybla, HSTCP, HTCP, Veno, Illinois, LP, BIC...

Version Information

Created 2014-03-21
    Last Updated 2014-03-22
    hello,
    5 days of silence. what's new ???
    Work is keeping me busy, I'll release a new build as soon as I have time.
    Nope, this kernel is only for AOSP-like ROMs and can't be modified to work with stock-based ROMs. You might ask DooMLoRD, if wants to port z1 to z1c, but other than that, we can only wait...

ps: @Androguide.fr : Can't wait for the new version of your kernel! F2FS and DT2W sounds awesome! Hope these can be used on our device as well ;)

F2FS is definitely doable on the Z1C as well, for dt2wake it depends if the device uses the same touch sensor driver.
    Does the pen mode work for you guys as well? If it does then there are good chances dt2wake will too.

I'll try to make a new amami build tomorrow after work if I can.
    Alright, thanks a lot.
    So some iommu errors and apparently some errors with the fstab, partitions weren't mounted properly.

I'm gonna build a stock CM kernel to see if my base sources are correct, then I'll enable the features.
    I can not get to wotk, phone is freezing after kmsg command, after restart is still not responding, i have no time this evening to continue, back tomorrow
    No problem man, no hurry, thanks for your help so far.

Thanks for your nice words, I love tea with mint ;)
    My father was born in Oujda, but I only went to morocco once, when I was a baby.

thank you
    I will use CWM next build, no problem.
    But I need to find what is causing the freezes/reboots first, which is hard without a kmsg as I don't have the device.