How do I re-run the Android initial setup?

Search This thread

¿GotJazz?

Hi - I want to restore all the apps and settings associated to a Google account, but I absolutely don't want to do a Factory Reset.

I would like to enable ART, and restore all my apps after ART is enabled (FR clears this setting). When I tried enabling ART after the apps had been restored, the phone was not very responsive.

It would be useful to know how to force Google to restore the apps anyways, regardless of the ART test - I have found myself in situations where the apps were not properly restored after a Factory Reset.

Thanks,

GJ

Last edited:

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
Hi - I want to restore all the apps and settings associated to a Google account, but I absolutely don't want to do a Factory Reset.

I would like to enable ART, and restore all my apps after ART is enabled (FR clears this setting). When I tried enabling ART after the apps had been restored, the phone was not very responsive.

It would be useful to know how to force Google to restore the apps anyways, regardless of the ART test - I have found myself in situations where the apps were not properly restored after a Factory Reset.

Thanks,

GJ

So..., wait. what??? When you say all apps associated with a google account, do you mean all your google apps from Gapps, or all apps that were downloaded/purchased with that account from the playstore?
What problems are you having and with what apps? If you are having problems with say, Gmail or Youtube, what is preventing you from uninstalling then reinstalling the apk's from the playstore? Your settings are already saved with your gmail account, unless you opted out of backing up.

¿GotJazz?

So..., wait. what??? When you say all apps associated with a google account, do you mean all your google apps from Gapps, or all apps that were downloaded/purchased with that account from the playstore?
What problems are you having and with what apps? If you are having problems with say, Gmail or Youtube, what is preventing you from uninstalling then reinstalling the apk's from the playstore? Your settings are already saved with your gmail account, unless you opted out of backing up.

I'm looking for a way to have Google automatically reinstall all the apps purchased/downloaded from the Play store, just like what happens when you start up a new phone.

The only difference is that I don't want to do a Factory Reset in order to accomplish the restore.

Yes, the phone and account are set up to backup everything to Google. The RAZR will reinstall everything after a Factory Reset, but I can't turn ART on until after the restore - because enabling ART will reboot the phone and abort the restore.

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
I'm looking for a way to have Google automatically reinstall all the apps purchased/downloaded from the Play store, just like what happens when you start up a new phone.

The only difference is that I don't want to do a Factory Reset in order to accomplish the restore.

Yes, the phone and account are set up to backup everything to Google. The RAZR will reinstall everything after a Factory Reset, but I can't turn ART on until after the restore - because enabling ART will reboot the phone and abort the restore.

You can stop the auto install after a FR by going into playstore>my apps and telling it too stop. You might miss a app or two.
You can also uninstall just about any apps you have that aren't system through manage apps in settings, or if you have TiBu with the pro key, uninstall all user apps in a batch, then reinstall them manually through the playstore, or through TiBu again. You will be able to choose what apps go, and what apps stay.

What ROM are you using? I have been on SlimKat, and Carbon, both 4.4.2. and have no issues enabling ART after full app install. Then again, I use TiBuPro.
What problems are you having? ART isn't 100% yet.

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011

Why don't you use a third party backup app like Titanium Backup. That way you don't need to worry about the automated restore. You can factory reset, enable ART (which you'll probably revert to dalvik within a couple of days).Reboot and then restore the apps.

TiBu is much better than Play Store restores. Also, AFAIK you cannot remove your primary Google account without a factory reset or /data wipe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Why don't you use a third party backup app like Titanium Backup. That way you don't need to worry about the automated restore. You can factory reset, enable ART (which you'll probably revert to dalvik within a couple of days).Reboot and then restore the apps.

TiBu is much better than Play Store restores. Also, AFAIK you cannot remove your primary Google account without a factory reset or /data wipe.