[Q] Android System UID seeking root permission

Search This thread

wiredwrx

Dec 4, 2012
All of a sudden today, I am getting continuous requests for Android System UID asking for root permission. I deny/fail to grant, but minutes later, it happens again. What is it? What should I do?

AGKdrOId

Sep 11, 2013
Verde Valley, AZ
question too vague

All of a sudden today, I am getting continuous requests for Android System UID asking for root permission. I deny/fail to grant, but minutes later, it happens again. What is it? What should I do?

are you s-off? rooted? what superuser app are you using? custom rom or stock? logcat? Your question is too open-ended for a real answer.

with that said, here are some shot-in-the-dark type answers, try them at your own discretion, I'm not liable for what you choose to do.

If you have a custom recovery, try rebooting to recovery and wiping cache/dalvik...fix permissions. Reboot to system.:fingers-crossed:
(this would be my first step)

open your superuser app and update binary and/or reinstall and/or switch apps

The Android System UI needs root permissions, but it shouldn't be asking for it, it should be part of the code. I personally would not deny my UI, aka User Interface any root permissions. Try granting and see what happens.

wiredwrx

Dec 4, 2012
are you s-off? rooted? what superuser app are you using? custom rom or stock? logcat? Your question is too open-ended for a real answer.

with that said, here are some shot-in-the-dark type answers, try them at your own discretion, I'm not liable for what you choose to do.

If you have a custom recovery, try rebooting to recovery and wiping cache/dalvik...fix permissions. Reboot to system.:fingers-crossed:
(this would be my first step)

open your superuser app and update binary and/or reinstall and/or switch apps

The Android System UI needs root permissions, but it shouldn't be asking for it, it should be part of the code. I personally would not deny my UI, aka User Interface any root permissions. Try granting and see what happens.

Thank you for the response.

I am s-on. I am rooted, with "weaksauce" I tried installing busybox and busybox on rails. Each one had issues with installing. On Rails told me I was not rooted. I installed root checker, and I am rooted according to the app. I am using SuperSU.

I went ahead and granted UID superuser permission. I don't notice any difference. However, recently, I have been noticing random sound notifications. Nothing shows up in the notification shade. I installed an app called "Notification History" and most often, nothing shows up in the history when this happens. I wonder if this was a result of the failing to grant root access to the UID.

omniwolf

Jan 13, 2005
sydney
i actually had the same thing.
My phone started performing a little bit slowly, so I thought I'd reboot it (I hadn't in over a week probably). After the reboot everything went to crap. The system requested root a couple of times (i denied each attempt), the performance was really bad, in the end i have seemed to have narrowed it down to Sywpe? I changed keyboards (just back to the stock HTC keyboard now), and things seem to be better..

it's been about a month since i flashed a ROM on this thing, so maybe it's time.

AGKdrOId

Sep 11, 2013
Verde Valley, AZ
I'm not too familiar with s-on...I always just go the extra 10% for s-off.
It honestly sounds like you need to just start over from scratch.

Uninstall the weeksauce uninstall supersu. hard reboot...

full directions right in the OP of weaksauce:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699089

I would try a cross between the "Troubleshooting" and "Install"

Make a BACKUP first JIC,

download all new files, and check the sums.