[Q] Galaxy Y in another boot loop!

Search This thread

rearadmiral

Jun 15, 2014
London
Hi guys, please help if you can before I pull all of my hair out. My wife’s Galaxy Y is in a boot loop & I’ve spent most of the weekend trying to fix it without success. I'm a newbie here but have searched your forums before & found them very helpful but can't find a solution to my missing drivers problem.

So far I’ve followed the instructions in post 6 in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33706714 but ODIN’s ID:COM field never changes colour (version 1.85). I’m guessing this is because every time I connect the phone to my PC I’m getting a message stating that the CDC drivers ACM & OBEX can’t be found despite having installed KIES from the link supplied.

It's a standard phone, never been flashed before it that's any help.

Last edited:

Agent_fabulous

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2014
Bangalore
Okay...

Hi guys, please help if you can before I pull all of my hair out. My wife’s Galaxy Y is in a boot loop & I’ve spent most of the weekend trying to fix it without success. I'm a newbie here but have searched your forums before & found them very helpful but can't find a solution to my missing drivers problem.

So far I’ve followed the instructions in post 6 in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33706714 but ODIN’s ID:COM field never changes colour (version 1.85). I’m guessing this is because every time I connect the phone to my PC I’m getting a message stating that the CDC drivers ACM & OBEX can’t be found despite having installed KIES from the link supplied.

It's a standard phone, never been flashed before it that's any help.
So, you've never rooted it? What changes did you do last before it ran into a bootloop? My galaxy y, after receiving an update took 45 mins to boot up.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
you dont need kies its pretty much usless for galaxy y

You need to install the samsung usb drivers
see my firmware thread for full instructions on how to use odin and link to the usb driver

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2568853

Also you can just try wiping data in cwm - you will loose all data but the phone should start normally else you will have to flash stock rom via odin

rearadmiral

Jun 15, 2014
London
you dont need kies its pretty much usless for galaxy y

You need to install the samsung usb drivers
see my firmware thread for full instructions on how to use odin and link to the usb driver

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2568853

Also you can just try wiping data in cwm - you will loose all data but the phone should start normally else you will have to flash stock rom via odin

Wow guys, that was fast! Thanks for your help, my wife doesn't remember changing or d/ling anything recently me0211.

I have already d/l the drivers from your link, Marcus. However, my PC wasn't picking up the CDC drivers even if I manually point the setup to the folder where I d/l the drivers. However, I've just renamed the folder it d/l the drivers to & redownloaded them again. Sure enough, connected the the phone to the PC & the drivers were successfully installed! Opened ODIN, the ID:COM field turned yellow, & everything worked perfectly from there!

Thanks so much Marcus, I've earned maximum brownie points with the wife & I'm now considering a Rooney weave for the hair I've lost. ;)

She's lost all her texts but that's probably a blessing, she does like to to text. :laugh:

Last edited:

Hazem442

Mar 27, 2014
1- you need samsung drivere google it then install it
2- new odin version try ti get the latest update
3- to recovrey and wipe data and cache
4- entre cwm and wipe data and cache again
5- enter download mod and connect phone to pc and open odin the flash new rom
Dats it

edimitriou

Feb 17, 2015
galaxy Y boot loop problem - no user data loss

hi!
i have galaxy Y and i have boot loop problem. Is there any solution without losing user data as phone book contacts?