ADB and recovery

Search This thread

Ocalito

Apr 29, 2010
Woudnt you like to know..
So I had unlocked my bootloader. rooted, and install TWRP, I tried installing cm11 which was in my sdcard, I factory reset, but when I when to look for the zip file it didn't come up in my ext_sdcard.... I did made a backup on twrp, but I don't have an os currently install, Idk how to boot into my recovery, I have the fastboot drivers install and when I put the phone in fastboot mode and run adb shell I get error: device not found.

What can I do?

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
So I had unlocked my bootloader. rooted, and install TWRP, I tried installing cm11 which was in my sdcard, I factory reset, but when I when to look for the zip file it didn't come up in my ext_sdcard.... I did made a backup on twrp, but I don't have an os currently install, Idk how to boot into my recovery, I have the fastboot drivers install and when I put the phone in fastboot mode and run adb shell I get error: device not found.

What can I do?

To boot to recovery:
Power off device
Press and hold Power + Volume Down
As soon as the LG logo appears, quickly release Power and press and hold Power again until you see a screen titled "Factory data reset"
Use volume keys to scroll down to "Yes". Press Power to select
Do the same as before one more time
You will then boot in to recovery

As for TWRP:
Make sure you're using the latest version.
Up towards the top of the TWRP Install page there is a line with a gray background the starts with "Storage:". Press it and then select Internal storage or external sdcard. Now press "Ok" at the bottom of the screen. Now browse to the folder where your zip is.

Now for your fastboot ADB thing. The adb executable cannot communicate with a device in fastboot mode. That's what the fastboot executable is for. Where you used "adb devices" you should have used "fastboot devices". ADB is for when your device is booted in normal device mode or in recovery mode and the recovery supports USB debugging. Unfortunately you can't boot to recovery thru fastboot.

Ocalito

Apr 29, 2010
Woudnt you like to know..
To boot to recovery:
Power off device
As soon as the LG logo appears, quickly release Power and press and hold Power again until you see a screen titled "Factory data reset"

As for TWRP:
Up towards the top of the TWRP Install page there is a line with a gray background the starts with "Storage:". Press it and then select Internal storage or external sdcard. Now press "Ok" at the bottom of the screen. Now browse to the folder where your zip is.

Now for your fastboot ADB thing. The adb executable cannot communicate with a device in fastboot mode. That's what the fastboot executable is for. Where you used "adb devices" you should have used "fastboot devices". ADB is for when your device is booted in normal device mode or in recovery mode and the recovery supports USB debugging. Unfortunately you can't boot to recovery thru fastboot.

Thank you for your help, i was able to bot into recovery and flash my back up.... and then i was able to install cm11.

:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What can I do?

To boot to recovery:
    Power off device

As for TWRP: