P3113 JB upgrade on Kies

Search This thread

westshotgun

Feb 2, 2012
If your using Kies, I honestly don't know, if you are using Odin on the PC, it will remain that way if you don't have "Auto Reboot" checked. If its NOT checked, unplug and reboot the tab if Odin is saying things were sucessful.

Other than that, I have never seen it happen so I am not sure.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I'm using Kies right now... and I'm starting to regret. I should've used Odin...
There are really no choice since battery is going to run out if it stays like this but Is it Ok to just unplug it while at that 'Downloading...' screen?
I'm kinda worried it will brick my tab if I do...

Anyway thanks for the quick reply.

FlynnErik

Aug 21, 2012
Yes, I'm using Kies right now... and I'm starting to regret. I should've used Odin...
There are really no choice since battery is going to run out if it stays like this but Is it Ok to just unplug it while at that 'Downloading...' screen?

Never used Kies so I can not say for sure.

If your battery is going to die any minute now, then IMO I would power it off, charge it, and try to go back into DL mode. I would then use Odin (or mobile odin if you want to save root).

I can't promise anything about how things will work after being turned off or etc in the middle, but for all we know it's done?

I wish I could provide more insight, I wish you the best of luck!

HAYDENB

Jul 25, 2010
I have tried uninstalling and and re installing Kies . But i am still having the same problem as i did before. Once i get past the first download nothing happens

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
I rooted with this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1887757 but I got update via kies which is dated the same as the one posted here. I did have to flash the rooter zip twice and fix permissions then cwm also prompted to fix su which I obliged.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I wouldnt unplug until the process is complete. Im pretty sure there are multiple warnings about starting a procedure like this with a fully charged battery the minimum recommendation is 70%.

Last edited:

westshotgun

Feb 2, 2012
I already unplugged it yesterday since the screen stayed like that about 3 hours and was still 0%... and I did it with Fully Charged Tab.
In fact, I tried it again today, same thing, so I unplugged it again during 'downloading...' state.

I had to force start but my tab seem to be fine, although I'm quite frustrated with the Kies.
Most ppl seem to not have this kind of problem and already have JB...

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
I already unplugged it yesterday since the screen stayed like that about 3 hours and was still 0%... and I did it with Fully Charged Tab.
In fact, I tried it again today, same thing, so I unplugged it again during 'downloading...' state.

I had to force start but my tab seem to be fine, although I'm quite frustrated with the Kies.
Most ppl seem to not have this kind of problem and already have JB...

How much space is free on your internal tablet storage? The install needs a significant amount of temporary storage to work with.

Lakland

Jan 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
I am having some forceclose ( more than ics) and a couple of dark screen turn off, so i have to press power button a couple of seconds. Else, is running ok. Some apps, like cnn reader is not available in this version :(

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk HD

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
So I ended up in the same boat again on this release - non-functional IR. I was coming from the p3110 jb release, where I was also having problems, so it's likely my issues started before flashing the p3113 jb release. Anyway, I wiped data/dalvik/cache, reflashed jb, and all was well. Anyone else having IR problems, a wipe + reflash will probably do the trick...

Aaaaaaaaaand IR stopped working again... I can get it to work for a few more minutes by wiping cache/dalvik and resetting the app, then it stops working again...

So everyone else has IR working consistently, 100% of the time? Maybe a hardware issue...

Mike939

Feb 3, 2011
Mesa
Update 3113 through Kies

3113 connects to Kies and I get the notification there is a new update. Once it starts downloading it disconnects the tablet. It continues downloading files to computer, then stalls. After several minutes I get a popup stating do I want to download "Admin Delegator", I hit yes, then computer says Kies has stop working, I wait for ever, then it shows preparing files or something like that. This takes forever also, then it connects the tablet and states an update is available and I have to start over again. This I have been doing since the 7th. I get a notice on the computer that Kies has downloaded the files and to click her to get a quick update. I click and it opens Kies to start all over again. Very frustrating! Any help? I have reinstalled the old version of Kies but would not connect to tablet. Reinstalled the new version three times but same thing.

Update: Got update OTA today and installing now!! Samsung, you can keep Kies in your back pocket IMO!

Last edited:

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Aaaaaaaaaand IR stopped working again... I can get it to work for a few more minutes by wiping cache/dalvik and resetting the app, then it stops working again...

So everyone else has IR working consistently, 100% of the time? Maybe a hardware issue...

no issues here. Try updating from p3113 stock ics instead of p3110 stock jb.

gyoung345

Jan 2, 2009
I like the Phone UI easier for me to use. Didn't like the Tablet UI
After using it for a couple of days, here are my observations

1. I don't like the new placement of the navigational buttons (BACK, HOME, RECENT APPLICATIONS). While I can appreciate Google's desire to unify the UI for all Android devices (see link below), when you are in landscape mode on the tablet, it is difficult to reach the buttons. When they were on the left of the tablet, I could just my left hand for all. Difficult on a 7" tablet, probably impossible on a 10" unless you have gigantic hands.
  2. I don't like the notification bar at the top of the tablet. I use this tablet a lot with Chrome and find that when I am manipulating tabs (moving/closing) and such I keep getting the notification shade popping up (I have found I have this problem on the IPad as well). Also, I find it is a waste of space on the top of the tablet. On the previous version, it was down in the navigational bar which was already being used for the navigational buttons.
  3. The notification shade also doesn't show the battery percentage any longer. I have added the percentage to the notification bar, but it is very, very small.
  4. As for performance, I can say that I don't notice much of a difference. I have never thought performance with my 7" tablet was bad and this update did not make it any worse. Pretty much the same for me.
  5. I haven't used Google Now on this as I tried it on my Galaxy S3 when it was upgraded to JB and didn't find it all that useful, so won't probably use it here either.
  6. The only other observation I have is that one of my apps has started crashing quite a bit. Probably more of the apps fault. Can't say it worked in the prior version of Android either because I installed it right around the same time as JB.

Re: tablet UI vs phablet UI vs phone UI, Google itself is moving away from tablet UI, looks like the OEMs are starting to follow. Here's one explanation I came across:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/android/21238/google-android-tablet-ui

gtuck1002

Dec 17, 2012
Henderson
IR Blaster

You maybe right I have another Galaxy tab 2 7.0 not rooted (stock) running 4.0.3 ir seems to work when it feels like sent emails no response

HAYDENB

Jul 25, 2010
3113 connects to Kies and I get the notification there is a new update. Once it starts downloading it disconnects the tablet. It continues downloading files to computer, then stalls. After several minutes I get a popup stating do I want to download "Admin Delegator", I hit yes, then computer says Kies has stop working, I wait for ever, then it shows preparing files or something like that. This takes forever also, then it connects the tablet and states an update is available and I have to start over again. This I have been doing since the 7th. I get a notice on the computer that Kies has downloaded the files and to click her to get a quick update. I click and it opens Kies to start all over again. Very frustrating! Any help? I have reinstalled the old version of Kies but would not connect to tablet. Reinstalled the new version three times but same thing.

Mike my computer doesn't get that far. Kies stops working after the first download.

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
Possible fix for flakey IR blaster

I was about to take LeftyGR's advice and revert to stock ICS then upgrade again to stock JB to try to fix my intermittent IR blaster problems. I ran across this admin post on TouchSquid's forums (TouchSquid makes another (paid) app which works with the GTab2's IR blaster like Peel):

http://www.touchsquid.info/forum/announcements.php?aid=5

Several users reported that devices stopped responding to the TS app after this update. One user figured out that it is caused by the new Power Saving mode which slows the CPU and messes up IR timing. Uncheck CPU power saving and it all starts working again!

I also have all the power saving options enabled - I'm wondering if this is the problem. Unfortunately I'm at work and won't be able to check this out until tonight. It would explain some things though - when I flash a stock ROM, IR works for a while, then stops (possibly after I enable power saving options, which I always do at some point). I'm hopeful... :fingers-crossed:

gtuck1002

Dec 17, 2012
Henderson
nice tip

I was about to take LeftyGR's advice and revert to stock ICS then upgrade again to stock JB to try to fix my intermittent IR blaster problems. I ran across this admin post on TouchSquid's forums (TouchSquid makes another (paid) app which works with the GTab2's IR blaster like Peel):

http://www.touchsquid.info/forum/announcements.php?aid=5

I also have all the power saving options enabled - I'm wondering if this is the problem. Unfortunately I'm at work and won't be able to check this out until tonight. It would explain some things though - when I flash a stock ROM, IR works for a while, then stops (possibly after I enable power saving options, which I always do at some point). I'm hopeful... :fingers-crossed:

Had the problem of IR blaster not working went in changed power saving option to disabled and now IR blaster works ...Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 rooted with JB 4.1.1

Razorblood

Oct 22, 2009
Stock 4.04 not rooted. Checked via Software Update on the tablet and got the OTA. Clocking in at about 381.05MB. Taking a while even though I have a good connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

HAYDENB

Jul 25, 2010
Stock 4.04 not rooted. Checked via Software Update on the tablet and got the OTA. Clocking in at about 381.05MB. Taking a while even though I have a good connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Got the OTA myself this morning. Didn't take too long to download. haven't had alot of time to play with it yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Plug in and get the JB Update uploadfromtaptalk1357571870921.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    That's because the best way to update and still keep root and cwm recovery is to do it using mobile odin! That way youl have a choice to keep root and cwm recovery after the update

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

I fully agree, but it's a bit to late for that now sadly. I didn't think of it till it was to late.

So, now that I have everything back to normal on my system, now I am ready to install CWM again when there is a root for it. I am dying to restore my apps with Ti. Till then I am a sad panda.
    what are the chances, i just rooted and installed a rom last night because i was tired of waiting!

Can anyone confirm this? id like to update even though mine official and use my IR remote

its made for the 3113 so the ir will definitely be working
    For those of you that have updated, can we get any feedback?
    hey where did you get the firmware file to use odin mobile?

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P3113

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

extract the .tar MD5 file from the zip and put it on your sd card