[Q] TWRP 2.6.3.1 jftlevzw does not work with mk2?

Search This thread

BlueForce64

Dec 21, 2013
I have researched and read through about 20 of the last pages here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1768142&page=83

I've also tried this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2571171

I still have no luck. I installed through the Goo.im app, reboot into recovery and all i get is downloading.. don't turn off target. I rebooted with the volume down button and chose cancel and it restarts fine now. I do have mk2. Some people said they have issues, and to be honest, do i even need twrp if i don't care if i have to re-flash stock mk2? I've already done it twice through odin because of trying to install roms/messing up my phone. This seemed easier when i had a bionic. I changed roms weekly on that thing, never having an issue.

Also, why doesn't anyone post what versions these things are compatible with? I never see anything like twrp 2.6.3.1 recovery compatible with "xxx version and previous only!" so i try stuff and crap doesn't work. I've been trying to install carbon rom and it appears to be a no go.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Yeah you gotta lot of research to do. Look at any of the stickies in our forum or the other 1,000 people who made threads in this section asking what you're asking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BlueForce64

Dec 21, 2013
Yeah you gotta lot of research to do. Look at any of the stickies in our forum or the other 1,000 people who made threads in this section asking what you're asking.

Found a sticky that i did not see before.
So it appears that because i recently got this phone i'm kinda screwed when it comes to an AOSP rom without a custom recovery which isn't possible at this time. Well damn, that sucks. I guess i'm stuck with crappy touchwiz related roms. Ugh.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Found a sticky that i did not see before.
So it appears that because i recently got this phone i'm kinda screwed when it comes to an AOSP rom without a custom recovery which isn't possible at this time. Well damn, that sucks. I guess i'm stuck with crappy touchwiz related roms. Ugh.

Yeah it's a crappy situation. Right now the closest you can get is flashing the Foxhound port. It's AOSP themed. Also Eclipse is AOSP themed.

BlueForce64

Dec 21, 2013
Yeah it's a crappy situation. Right now the closest you can get is flashing the Foxhound port. It's AOSP themed. Also Eclipse is AOSP themed.

Ah i see. Perhaps i'll find something i like or just stick with stock. Thank you. My apologies for not reading enough. I didn't think to check in the s4 general forum.

pewds

Feb 24, 2014
Yeah. On MK2 Verizon locked bootloaders and you can only use safestrap ypu csnt use TWRP. It sucks I tried and bricked my phone before lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: cbmggm

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Yeah. On MK2 Verizon locked bootloaders and you can only use safestrap ypu csnt use TWRP. It sucks I tried and bricked my phone before lol

Can't even begin to guess how many people have come on here after they did that.
XDA has all the answers people just need to read more before they fiddle with a $600 phone lol

Verizon S4
Liquid Smooth 4.4

Sprint S4
Negalite 4.4

DBak451

Apr 14, 2011
No kidding. After bricking a friend's phone, due to not doing my homework ahead of time, I realized the importance of being thoroughly well informed about what you're doing before jumping in and messing with this stuff. XDA has so much information and so much help available if you look around a little bit. Some things may take some searching. I can't thank the community enough for all the help they've been in my endeavors.

Sucks there's no custom recoveries for the locked bootloader S4s. If you install Safestrap, give Hyperdrive a try. I'm on MDK and have run several different ROMs, AOSP and TW. I always find myself coming back to Hyperdrive. I'm on 14 now and it works great. So while it's not the answer you're hoping for, try using Hyperdrive. It allows you to pick and choose elements to install, some of which are ported from AOSP, and you could use a different launcher to give it a little less of a TW feel.

JME007

Mar 12, 2011
Developer Phone

need some help. I Purchased a used S4 Developer Edition Phone. Problem is it has I545VRUEMK2 on. The phone says its a developer phone on the back buy the battery. But I still cant load a custom recovery. I was told the Boot Loader couldn't be locked on this developer phone. could somebody please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
need some help. I Purchased a used S4 Developer Edition Phone. Problem is it has I545VRUEMK2 on. The phone says its a developer phone on the back buy the battery. But I still cant load a custom recovery. I was told the Boot Loader couldn't be locked on this developer phone. could somebody please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

There was a thread on here I think by Skeetch that's for your phone and I'm pretty sure you're answers are in there... For the life of me I can't find it though. I'll keep looking for you

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2637686
If noone here answers you go to that that... I'm sure he can help

Skeetch79

Oct 29, 2010
West Milford, NJ
Google Pixel 5

Is I545VRUEMK2 the build or baseband? Developer phones have I545OYU (I545VRU is for retail S4's). Developer phones only had the following builds on them: I545OYUAMDK (original), I545OYUEMJ7 and I545OYUEMK2. If your build is one of these then you are ok and someone loaded the retail mode/radio onto it. You can visit my thread which Mistertac referenced and flash different modem and/or radios.

Also, if you want to double check to see whether your phone is still in developer mode, load the phone into Download mode: Power off the phone, then hold the Power Button and Volume down together. When the green warning screen comes up, press Volume Up to accept and enter download mode. The text in the upper left corner of the screen in download mode should list: "Mode: Developer" - small and gray text. To reboot just hold the Power Button until the phone turns off then hold power again to boot back up.

Keep me posted!

Edit: Also the only recoveries I can run with my I545OYUEMK2 DevS4 are Philz Touch Recovery and SafeStrap v3.71 from HashCode which is TWRP based. TWRP by itself boots me directly into Download Mode (was able to load TWRP while on I545OYUAMDK). Assuming your phone is still a Developer Edition device, if you ever have any issues with recoveries putting you into download mode, just use Odin and my thread to download the necessary file to restore boot and/or recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mistertac

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

Whomever told you that the boot loader couldn't be locked is mistaken. If you flash a non-developer bootloader onto a developer phone, it now has a locked bootloader. Unfortunately, there's no way to undo that until (unless) the developers figure out how to unlock the bootloader.

Install the "Phone INFO * Samsung *" app from the play store and open it. What does it say for the Bootloader Version?
There's also a "Phone Info" app that can display the bootloader version as well.

Reactions: wtfchuck

JME007

Mar 12, 2011
Thank you for the reply. Looks like I am sol. That sucks. I have a developer phone with a locked bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can't even begin to guess how many people have come on here after they did that.
    XDA has all the answers people just need to read more before they fiddle with a $600 phone lol

Verizon S4
    Liquid Smooth 4.4

Sprint S4
    Negalite 4.4

Is I545VRUEMK2 the build or baseband? Developer phones have I545OYU (I545VRU is for retail S4's). Developer phones only had the following builds on them: I545OYUAMDK (original), I545OYUEMJ7 and I545OYUEMK2. If your build is one of these then you are ok and someone loaded the retail mode/radio onto it. You can visit my thread which Mistertac referenced and flash different modem and/or radios.

Also, if you want to double check to see whether your phone is still in developer mode, load the phone into Download mode: Power off the phone, then hold the Power Button and Volume down together. When the green warning screen comes up, press Volume Up to accept and enter download mode. The text in the upper left corner of the screen in download mode should list: "Mode: Developer" - small and gray text. To reboot just hold the Power Button until the phone turns off then hold power again to boot back up.

Keep me posted!

Edit: Also the only recoveries I can run with my I545OYUEMK2 DevS4 are Philz Touch Recovery and SafeStrap v3.71 from HashCode which is TWRP based. TWRP by itself boots me directly into Download Mode (was able to load TWRP while on I545OYUAMDK). Assuming your phone is still a Developer Edition device, if you ever have any issues with recoveries putting you into download mode, just use Odin and my thread to download the necessary file to restore boot and/or recovery.

Whomever told you that the boot loader couldn't be locked is mistaken. If you flash a non-developer bootloader onto a developer phone, it now has a locked bootloader. Unfortunately, there's no way to undo that until (unless) the developers figure out how to unlock the bootloader.

Install the "Phone INFO * Samsung *" app from the play store and open it. What does it say for the Bootloader Version?
    There's also a "Phone Info" app that can display the bootloader version as well.