[Q] How can I upgrade my Doogee dg 300?

Search This thread

jackbauer

Sep 11, 2014
I noticed that the Doogee is actualy recognized by the computer as a HTC device. Now I'm in doubt on how to upgrade its Jelly Bean to Kit kat, as I can't find any specific tutorial on the web.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
This forum section is for the HTC One (M8) and the hardware is not even remotely similar to the phone you mention. Its unlikely anyone on this forum section can help you.

jackbauer

Sep 11, 2014
Why's the phone recognized as a HTC one then? Even when rooted it, it was recognized as HTC one. If the category is wrong, point the right one, as I couldn't find it in the listing (M8).

indymx

Jan 17, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Why's the phone recognized as a HTC one then? Even when rooted it, it was recognized as HTC one. If the category is wrong, point the right one, as I couldn't find it in the listing (M8).

Hard to say why it was recognized as such, however, since the two devices don't share even similar hardware, this is not the right forum.

As for the correct forum, if you can't find your device here, that means it's not supported here.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

Just some error. The computer probably just doesn't recognize the phone brand/model. Just because the computer says its an M8, doesn't magically make it an M8.

The hardware is not even remotely similar. M8 has a 2.3 GHz quad core Snapdragon 801 chipset. According to the Doogee website, the phone you mention has a dual core 1.3 Ghz Cortex A7 dual core chipset.

For more obscure devices, you won't find a device section. So your best bet is to post to the Q&A in "Android Development and Hacking" section: http://xdaforums.com/android/help

But posting to the wrong device section is definitely not the right place.

Last edited: