[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Search This thread

lilphil240

Oct 16, 2011
What's the general consensus? I have Joker's last build installed. Is the current build much better, or does it have too many issues?

My phone is running smooth right now on the previous build, only complaints being no battery percentage, no light up buttons w/o auto brightness, phone sometimes not awaking from sleep (battery pull needed) and google chrome browser FC'ing.

cwburns32

Jul 25, 2011
Chicago
What's the general consensus? I have Joker's last build installed. Is the current build much better, or does it have too many issues?

My phone is running smooth right now on the previous build, only complaints being no battery percentage, no light up buttons w/o auto brightness, phone sometimes not awaking from sleep (battery pull needed) and google chrome browser FC'ing.

Battery percentage there, auto brightness button light up fixed, have never noticed sleep issue and Google chrome still force closing for me.

I'd say it's worth it for you.

Sent from my CM7'd Atrix from another planet..

Reactions: lilphil240

Mischaseb

Jan 20, 2012
Sydney
I'm finding 0.2.0 less stable than 0.1.0 2d...

EDIT: Sorry my bad, its just my digitizer which has died and I didn't realise straight away. 0.2.0 is all good! Cant wait to get rid of this atrix though, geez its a crap phone made by a crap company...

Last edited:
Reactions: sdlopez83

affiatic

Feb 8, 2012
canton
my browser has not crashed on opera mini on the last 2 betas. am I the only one it works for. stock does fc on rotating. I have been plagued with reboots and sod. but less now than on stock.

good4y0u

Mar 24, 2011
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 6
what would you reccomend ( im going to give in and do this)

what is the best (recommended) recovery to put on the atrix , and does anyone know of the best way to root it? last time i manually did it (pain in de ass) . i want to have the best experience testing this rom. im not going to wait till Q3 to have ICS. (just to be sure this will in no way make att take off my unlimited plan right?) so ill post the phones info into this post as well any response would be appreciated....

system version = 4.5.141.mb860.att.en.us
model= mb860
android version=2.3.6
baseband = n_01.77.37p
webtop (not that i care) =wt-1.2.0-110_oly-6
kernel=2.6.32.9 a21146@zch45lnxdroid55 #2
build#=4.5.141

ps i have already had the att warning sent to me before so that's why i care.

i would rather avoid any complications .

fightr

Oct 12, 2010
With all the rapid updates, is it ok to flash an updated rom by wiping only cache and dalvik cache?

I've been running MIUI on my Evo for a long time and that's how I always update it. Just wanted to make that this method also works with this rom/phone.

mckibbon17

Feb 22, 2011
i still cant seem to figure out why i cant connect the phone to my computer with the usb any one? got this issue or is it just me and any one know what i could do to fix it?

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

i still cant seem to figure out why i cant connect the phone to my computer with the usb any one? got this issue or is it just me and any one know what i could do to fix it?

ok im running 4.0.3
with Kernel 2.6.32.57
build Beta-0.2.0-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed

so after looking for a few hours i found out what was happining if you dont have a sd card in the phone it wont let u connect to your computer
some one please help with this..

Last edited:

littleemp

May 18, 2011
what is the best (recommended) recovery to put on the atrix , and does anyone know of the best way to root it? last time i manually did it (pain in de ass) . i want to have the best experience testing this rom. im not going to wait till Q3 to have ICS. (just to be sure this will in no way make att take off my unlimited plan right?) so ill post the phones info into this post as well any response would be appreciated....

model= mb860
android version=2.3.6
baseband = n_01.77.37p
build#=4.5.141

I like CWM Touch 5.8.0.2

aaurnab

Mar 23, 2008
Dhaka

model= mb860
android version=2.3.6
baseband = n_01.77.37p
build#=4.5.141

Did u unlocked the bootloader? Then you may flash romracer or touch recovery... then you
Can flash what ever you want. Best ICS performance you should b wait till
The final version of ICS

xandr115

Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
Email app keeps force closing for me, and cameras DO NOT work on Google Talk or Skype, they both force close when the call tries to connect.

Also, I was experiencing problems with recording too... Lagging on preview, and would go funny colours when set to 1080p.. Havent checked this in yesterday's build though.

Using Jokersax latest.

Loving your work, thanks!

Any luck with this problem yet? I just ran into it myself with Google+ Hangouts.

c3v1t

Jan 13, 2009
Gorizia
Samsung Galaxy S8
OnePlus 6T
anyone with battery issues, have you tried the btfiles.zip from neutrino's rom discussion? the files included need to be placed in /system/xbin in order to work properly. I feel this helped me with turls v8 as I sometimes use BT and it for whatever reason doesn't go to sleep, and doesn't allow the phone to sleep, and sometimes keeps cpu maxed(perhaps trying to sleep but continuously waking) which causes the heat issue and battery issue.

Hi, I'm trying this files on Jokersax beta 0.2.0, it seems a temporary fine solution for me, in 3 hours with BT always ON and w/ connected hearphone (about 40 min of calls), battery is on 77%... just fine, but it's a beginning, it's a beta...

If anyone want, I packed this files in a zip flashable from recovery, after that I reccomend a permissions fix before restart... I use it without problems...

Better make a backup... always... :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: avalakvista

DukeL

Mar 27, 2010

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

ok im running 4.0.3
with Kernel 2.6.32.57
build Beta-0.2.0-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed

so after looking for a few hours i found out what was happining if you dont have a sd card in the phone it wont let u connect to your computer
some one please help with this..

Was having the same problem earlier you have to flash the "SD-Card Switch" Extra from the Jokersax's download page. After I did that it's been smooth sailing!:)

BTW Thanks to Jokersax for BY FAR the best Rom ever for the ATRIX!! I mean I like this phone better than the Gnex which was too big for me to use comfortably. Atrix is the perfect size and now with ICS to me its the best Android phone out!!(And I've tried THEM ALL);)

Last edited:

supergen007

Jan 14, 2012
bets 0.2.0 chanelist

Hi Joker,

Can you please update your page with changelist for beta 0.2.0.
Thank you in advance.

I am using 0.1.0 and so glad with it, so i am hesitate whether there is something in 0.2.0 that i have to harry :)

Thank you.

DukeL

Mar 27, 2010
Anyone know why some of the Icons still look like the old GingerBread ones instead of ICS? Like The "Music" App and "Talk" App?? I think the new ICS icons look way sharper.

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
running the build 0.2.0 beta !!
and its super smooth !!!
first boot took about 2 minutes and from then the phone gets booted in about 10 seconds !! :D :D !!

great rom !!
thanks devs !! :) !!

mckibbon17

Feb 22, 2011
Was having the same problem earlier you have to flash the "SD-Card Switch" Extra from the Jokersax's download page. After I did that it's been smooth sailing!:)

BTW Thanks to Jokersax for BY FAR the best Rom ever for the ATRIX!! I mean I like this phone better than the Gnex which was too big for me to use comfortably. Atrix is the perfect size and now with ICS to me its the best Android phone out!!(And I've tried THEM ALL);)

thanks but i got a nice 2gig sd card i dont use so might as well :p

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
but in 0.2.0 beta there is already an option in settings to switch between internal emmc and external card !!

loving the new ics rom !! :D :D !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    joxersax11 turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Well, here it is then :)

Code:
    483e564d002a82c5e7861355b9064202  gapps-ics-20120207.zip
    7c8bd2fa1fe978dba0aef55329e4a936  update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip

Some tips:
    1. Please don't kill my server, it's just a little VPS :)
    2. If you have issues, wipe
    3. If you have duplicate apps and derpage, format /system, flash CM, flash gapps
    4. No support
    5. No ETAs
    6. Thank the south korean guy :) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22322714&postcount=561
    7. I'm not responsible if your dog eats you while flashing or whatever. You know the deal :)
    8. Camcorder doesn't/won't work
    9. Enjoy!
    Guys a lot of family issues came up I will be fixing everything soon. Just remember life comes before free software.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    fun facts about cm9 by me

135 countries downloaded cm9 on jokersax.com
    100 terabytes transferred.
    3000 pm's
    10000+ comments between two threads
    Over 2 millions views
    Both threads were 1 and 2 for xda for several weeks.
    200+ referring websites
    150000 attempted attacks
    Someone is using Netscape :what: seriously 500 dollar phone and you're using windows 3.1???
    IPhone 5.2 and 5.3???
    Funniest comment denied "tenga egg video" umm no
    Best pm "bj for your hard work?" I didn't accept as I ended up with the girl that motivated me to get into Android dev'ing.
    Proudest moment: several nvidia workers telling me about cm9 by me before they knew who I was.
    Funniest webmaster email: angry wife claiming I hypnotized her husband into my cult.
    Hardest fix to find, that stupid semicolon :banghead:
    Easiest fix: doing nothing and magically something starts working.

Just a few fun facts

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    Camera might be fixed today

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App