MDK & 4.4.2 question

Search This thread

robroy90

Oct 22, 2006
Roll Tide
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Greetings,

I have an S4 with MDK and it is currently running a Hyperdrive ROM. I want to upgrade it to a KK ROM of some flavor. I put SS on, thinking I would need it, but it looks like SS makes it more difficult? I believe that because the bootloader is locked, I can't just install a plain version of TWRP, correct?

So, for those with MDK who are now running KK, what did you do, what did you use, and in what order?

Thank you!

-Rob

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Greetings,

I have an S4 with MDK and it is currently running a Hyperdrive ROM. I want to upgrade it to a KK ROM of some flavor. I put SS on, thinking I would need it, but it looks like SS makes it more difficult? I believe that because the bootloader is locked, I can't just install a plain version of TWRP, correct?

So, for those with MDK who are now running KK, what did you do, what did you use, and in what order?

Thank you!

-Rob

So if you're on MDK with a custom rom then what recovery are you using?

The MDK bootloader has a loki exploit so you can just use a loki'd version of TWRP or CWM to flash any 4.4 rom. Find them in the original android development section

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Volvogia

Aug 10, 2012
Washington, WV
Greetings,

Thank you!

-Rob

If you are still on MDK the go to this section http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-verizon/orig-development and look for a 4.4 you would like. I believe Sbreen has a 4.4 of Hyperdrive in the works right now so if you like Hyperdrive, wait maybe if you want to?

Your post confuses me a little. If you updated the phone off of MDK and now on another baseband now then you will have to use SS and follow the instructions on how to go to 4.4 and back to 4.2 if you have to. Here is a link if you are on NC2/MK2 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726868.

If you have NC2/MK2/MI1/ME7 then you CAN NOT have a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM. You will have to use SS and go from there.