OEM Battery Cover Needed

Search This thread

kamranwpi

Sep 12, 2008
Hi All,

My back cover got damaged and wont stay put, please tell me where can I purchase them?

I have tried contacting LG, and they are back ordered.

Does any one wants to sell theirs?

Thanks

bmxant

Nov 2, 2007
Hi All,

My back cover got damaged and wont stay put, please tell me where can I purchase them?

I have tried contacting LG, and they are back ordered.

Does any one wants to sell theirs?

Thanks

I think the only place you're going to find a replacement is through LG. Sorry, wish I could help. If you put the back cover on and then put a case over it will it be good enough to use for now?

kamranwpi

Sep 12, 2008
I think the only place you're going to find a replacement is through LG. Sorry, wish I could help. If you put the back cover on and then put a case over it will it be good enough to use for now?

Thanks, that's what I'm doing.. I went to AT&T store and bought a back cover.

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
And don't forget, there is an ultimate, universal back cover for any phone: DUCT TAPE.

keenz

Jan 2, 2008
Edmonton
Just buy a case for your phone and then place your cover on and then the case and everything will stay just on just peachy :)

It will probably be cheaper than buying the OEM backplate from LG.

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
Is it an aftermarket part or an OEM / LG part? I guess it fits the same right? Is it still textured? The case feels kinda flimsy, I kind of want one as a spare in case anything happens while taking it off and putting it back on.

gte460z

Nov 18, 2010
Boston
Kamranwpi was talking about a Nitro case he picked up at the AT&T store that covers the back. He is still waiting for his OEM battery cover he ordered from LG. I work with him :), the case is pretty nice though.

HotWhipT/A

Dec 21, 2011
I'm thinking about buying a spare Nitro cover and one of the extended life battery covers from the spectrum. I want to cut them up and graft them together so I can use the 3000mAh extended battery. The stock Spectrum battery is the same as our Nitro, but they have an extended battery option. Their cover won't fit ours. We just need a new battery cover that will work!

Edit* I called LG. They are out of stock on the Nitro battery cover and don't know when they will be back in stock. They were $17.xx shipped. I didn't give them my address so where ever you live, that what it'll cost you too.

You can get the Verizon extended battery and cover for the Spectrum online for $49, but they are out of stock too. Damn shame their cover won't fit.

Last edited:

kamranwpi

Sep 12, 2008
I called to get an update on my order, it's even more 5 weeks, and I placed my order in Jan. 6, 2012

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

BananaPhone69

May 16, 2011
Atlanta
I find myself in a similar situation. Anyone ever have success getting a replacement cover? Who did you get it from? How long did it take? Thanks!!

stemalo

Feb 29, 2012
Guys...just order a battery regular or extended on ebay...duh!

Sent from my LG-P935 using Tapatalk 2

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
@stemalo,

OEM batteries don't come with covers which is what this thread is for :p

However, the suggestion to purchase an extended battery would work because those do come with covers. Might be a solution if people can't find the stock OEM battery cover anywhere.

gte460z

Nov 18, 2010
Boston
kamranwpi did get his oem cover from LG btw. It was quite some time ago in late Feb. He has since sold his phone to get a Galaxy Nexus.