Desensed ROM AOSP settings SD Card issue...

Search This thread

rdwyer228

Oct 15, 2010
Alright, so I have been searching through forums for days now for an answer to my problem. Still unable to find anything remotely close to helpful. So, I have been experimenting with some of the older ROMs for the Rezound, most notably, ones that have the close to AOSP Settings and Dialer. Every time I flash one of these ROMs that has that Settings APK, my SD Card is unusable. The internal "SD card" storage shows up in file managers, but not the external SD card. If i try to access the Storage section of the Settings, the Settings APK force closes. Anybody had this happen to them? Or now of a solution to this? Thinking maybe getting S-Off would fix it but not sure. Thanks in advance. :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

GreenXSniper

Mar 11, 2011
Detroit
Alright, so I have been searching through forums for days now for an answer to my problem. Still unable to find anything remotely close to helpful. So, I have been experimenting with some of the older ROMs for the Rezound, most notably, ones that have the close to AOSP Settings and Dialer. Every time I flash one of these ROMs that has that Settings APK, my SD Card is unusable. The internal "SD card" storage shows up in file managers, but not the external SD card. If i try to access the Storage section of the Settings, the Settings APK force closes. Anybody had this happen to them? Or now of a solution to this? Thinking maybe getting S-Off would fix it but not sure. Thanks in advance. :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Are you on the newest ics leak? like hboot 2.21 and the new radios? if so this is probably your problem.

Also try posting in rezound Q and A next time, you might have better luck getting an answer there and this will probably get moved there, but ill still try and help you if i can.

Marine6680

Jul 12, 2009
Kingsport TN
Yeah, the newer ICS changed the mount points of the memory. (think street address)

Basically the older ROMs are looking in the wrong place for the SDcard and can not find it.

CharliesTheMan

You can run Joel's senseless preview 2 Rom with the PH98IMGnewfirmwarepeople.zip and you should be just fine. That's assuming you've run the latest ICS RC RUU to upgrade your firmware. Which I'm guessing you did since you said its the older roms giving you problems.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

rdwyer228

Oct 15, 2010
Yup, I did update to the leak. Thank you all for your help. Is there anyway to downgrade from said leak?

MrSmith317

Jun 18, 2010
Philadelphia
No you can't downgrade from the leak without S-Off. You can however use the "old firmware" patch to run most older ROMs. I think Scott posted it in the dev forum. And FYI, this should be posted in Q&A or General. The dev section is for posting ROMs/Mod/etc.. I'm sure a mod will move it shortly.

Last edited:

rdwyer228

Oct 15, 2010
Alright, I might have to take the plunge and S-Off. Yeah, sorry about posting in the wrong section guys.

tpulu

Jun 2, 2010
No you can't downgrade from the leak without S-Off. You can however use the "old firmware" patch to run most older ROMs. I think Scott posted it in the dev forum. And FYI, this should be posted in Q&A or General. The dev section is for posting ROMs/Mod/etc.. I'm sure a mod will move it shortly.

I thought that patch was for people on the old firmware... to enable them to run the newer Roms, I wasn't aware it worked the other way around as well. Or does it?:confused:

Edit: I just reread your post and you said it was something that Scott posted, so I may not know what you were referring to.

RomsWell

Jul 10, 2011
Venice
There are two patches. One for new firm users to use gb. And one for old firm users to use ics. It corrects the mount point issues, like no sd.

Reactions: tpulu

Top Liked Posts