[ROM][CM9] Experiment With Linaro

Search This thread

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
So what's the scoop with this? Anyone run any benchmarks compared to an official cm9 nightly?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

w8setter

Dec 5, 2011
rockingham
Wanted to say I have been running this since last night, with stock kernel and I am very happy with how quick it is.... Test scores aren't the best, but the snappyness of this is just sexually pleasing....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

TransWarp

Feb 2, 2009
Boston, MA
Wanted to say I have been running this since last night, with stock kernel and I am very happy with how quick it is.... Test scores aren't the best, but the snappyness of this is just sexually pleasing....

Oh awesome! After I've installed this ROM, it's see ya later to the gf! :D

Seriously, can't wait to try this. Thanks OP!

kladd

Aug 14, 2011
Detroit, MI
hrmm maybe it was something in my area...mms just came through

Strange... I went outside and tested this a few minutes ago and I couldn't download mms. Maybe mine will show up later as well. Also, nexus s, i'll see if i can't find the time to compile one tonight. my computer is really not cut out for this sort of thing so each build is quite the ordeal ha.

Last edited:

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Strange... I went outside and tested this a few minutes ago and I couldn't download mms. Maybe mine will show up later as well. Also, nexus s, i'll see if i can't find the time to compile one tonight. my computer is really not cut out for this sort of thing so each build is quite the ordeal ha.

Nevermind, you get it relax... I see 4G and GSM has the same libs and such except WiMax... So im gonna do something before i sleep...

w8setter

Dec 5, 2011
rockingham
Edit: mms good here:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339537535401.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339537535401.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 328
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339537559426.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339537559426.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 312
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339537569388.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339537569388.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Reactions: waqasr

kladd

Aug 14, 2011
Detroit, MI
so is this one more complete with linaro than the current CM nightly?

according to the changelog some Linaro is included

At the time this was compiled the code was identical to that of CM. So, if they had committed any changes linaro related at that time they're included in this. The main difference is that I used the linaro toolchain to build the rom which CM did not on account of it being untested and breaking device specific kernels.

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
Mms working for me... buy I'm running an inverted mms.apk

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
Reactions: zackandethan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's been quite a lot of fuss lately about the Linaro toolchain. Here's a thread about it. After reading up on the issues the CM team expects to have with the toolchain e.g. breaking everything, I made some tweaks to at least get a rom built with the toolchain.

This is nothing special, if you decide to try it you'll likely see little difference from the latest CM nightly. I built this for myself to test on my own but I see no harm in at least throwing a link out there for the good people to play with. I'm sure that once the experts working on AOSP and CM have implimented the toolchain in a more pretty and less ad hoc way there will be peace on earth, goodwill toward man and lighting fast roms to go around.

Also on a somewhat unrelated note, I updated the kernel to Linux 3.0.34. The CM kernel was 3.0.32 last I checked. Not sure if it has been update since then or not.

Needless to say, I did not create CyanogenMod, Linux, or the Linaro toolchain and I'm not responsible for anything ever. Without further ado, here's the link.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31907450/Android/cm-9-20120611-UNOFFICIAL-LINARO-crespo4g.zip
    md5:1ad7c025df3f0a1cde0bc5c676508335

Kernel only as requested [20120622]:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31907450/android/cm-kernel-crespo-3.0.36.zip
    md5: 009ec536fba04cfef257ab813fb9abe0
    Again, stock CM kernel in OP updated to reflect latest Linux stable (3.0.36) if anyone cares. Untested but I see no reason it shouldn't work. Have a good weekend all.
    so is this one more complete with linaro than the current CM nightly?

according to the changelog some Linaro is included

At the time this was compiled the code was identical to that of CM. So, if they had committed any changes linaro related at that time they're included in this. The main difference is that I used the linaro toolchain to build the rom which CM did not on account of it being untested and breaking device specific kernels.
    So liriano is kernel based not rom based if that makes sense?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

The kernel in this rom is not built with the linaro toolchain. Ezekeel has a thread somewhere that shows compiler optimizations have little effect on kernel performance. The kernel here is only different from CM because it's from a newer linux kernel version.

EDIT: Ezekeel's thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1371044
    EDIT2: Killasmoke: I'll see what I can do.
    ------------------------------------
    EDIT3: Kernel link in OP
    mms

Guys, Sprint is still going through tower changes and phones are not getting mms,phone calls,phones don't ring then latter you get voice messages like 1 hour to 18 hours this will be till the end of June. Again this sucks but will then have LTE as well all for the better.