[Q] Phone Storage Issue

Search This thread

Mr-RX

G'day guys. First I would like to apologize just incase this has already been posted. I found a few threads in relation to storage issues but none of them seemed to have the same problem as mine. If this has already been discussed please post the link to the thread here.

I have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S III I9300. Originally I had this rooted and flashed with a custom rom (I can't remember which one it was about 12 months ago). It was running fine. But I recently decided to remove the SD card as I wish to use it in another device. So I copied all the data from the SD card onto my PC, and then I copied the data from my PC to the phone storage after I had removed the SD card from the phone.

Again the phone worked fine. But then one morning after taking my phone off charge later in the day at work I tried to go into the gallery and it would come up with the message in the below screen shot.

s28(dot)postimg(dot)org/vk4exjdlp/Screenshot_2014_01_06_19_53_26.png (sorry for having to do that XDA won't allow new members to post links/images)

I tried a few things to fix it but I only have an intermediate grasp of features and hacks ect ect. So I decided the best thing to do was to flash back to a completely standard rom. Which I did just an hour ago (Using the I9300XXEMC3_I9300NEEEMC1_I9300XXEMB6_HOME.tar relased from samsung flashed via Odin 3.07)

However even after this factory flash I still have this issue! I can't access the gallery and I can't save images at all. If anybody could help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
G'day guys. First I would like to apologize just incase this has already been posted. I found a few threads in relation to storage issues but none of them seemed to have the same problem as mine. If this has already been discussed please post the link to the thread here.

I have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S III I9300. Originally I had this rooted and flashed with a custom rom (I can't remember which one it was about 12 months ago). It was running fine. But I recently decided to remove the SD card as I wish to use it in another device. So I copied all the data from the SD card onto my PC, and then I copied the data from my PC to the phone storage after I had removed the SD card from the phone.

Again the phone worked fine. But then one morning after taking my phone off charge later in the day at work I tried to go into the gallery and it would come up with the message in the below screen shot.

s28(dot)postimg(dot)org/vk4exjdlp/Screenshot_2014_01_06_19_53_26.png (sorry for having to do that XDA won't allow new members to post links/images)

I tried a few things to fix it but I only have an intermediate grasp of features and hacks ect ect. So I decided the best thing to do was to flash back to a completely standard rom. Which I did just an hour ago (Using the I9300XXEMC3_I9300NEEEMC1_I9300XXEMB6_HOME.tar relased from samsung flashed via Odin 3.07)

However even after this factory flash I still have this issue! I can't access the gallery and I can't save images at all. If anybody could help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe because you have removed your external SD card your camera app is trying to store images to it but it can't because it's not there... See if you can change in camera settings where it stores your images to internal instead of external. :)

Mr-RX

The phone automatically changed the settings to storage device when the SD card was removed. Never the less I doubled checked and indeed it is set to device.

It's not just the camera tho. Nothing will save. Screenshots, downloads, camera ect ect. I can't open the gallery app at all.

Also I just noticed a secondary problem. When I open up the camera app I can see everything fine inside the app but when I go to take a photo I doesn't save it (which I already knew, part of the original problem) but I just noticed when I tried to close the camera app after taking a photo it wouldn't let me! It would not close. All the setting tabs greyed out so I couldn't go into any of the menus and I had to force restart the phone to be able to use it again!!!!

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
The phone automatically changed the settings to storage device when the SD card was removed. Never the less I doubled checked and indeed it is set to device.

It's not just the camera tho. Nothing will save. Screenshots, downloads, camera ect ect. I can't open the gallery app at all.

Also I just noticed a secondary problem. When I open up the camera app I can see everything fine inside the app but when I go to take a photo I doesn't save it (which I already knew, part of the original problem) but I just noticed when I tried to close the camera app after taking a photo it wouldn't let me! It would not close. All the setting tabs greyed out so I couldn't go into any of the menus and I had to force restart the phone to be able to use it again!!!!

Clear all data and freeze the one that's causing problems and backup and uninstall and use another..If you like stock camera try one of the modded ones in themes thread...

Reactions: Mr-RX

Mr-RX

This thread can be closed now.

I'm still not exactly sure what the problem was or specifically what fixed it. But last night i decided to root the phone again and install a custom rom (I installed Android Revolution HD 40.0) and after it was flashed everything works as normal.

So sorry if you happen to have the same problem as me and stumbled across this thread at a later date. I don't know how to fix the problem but apparently a root and custom rom works wonders. lol.

Thanks for the help anyway tallman43.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Clear all data and freeze the one that's causing problems and backup and uninstall and use another..If you like stock camera try one of the modded ones in themes thread...