[Q] HTC Sensation XE - Bluetooth not working

Search This thread
Mar 4, 2014
Good day all.

I have just brought a 2nd hand HTC Sensation XE mobile phone.
Everything is working except the Bluetooth.

Within the phones settings I can turn the Bluetooth on or off, but I am unable to see any nearby Bluetooth devices, nor can other phones see this one.

I have done a full factory wipe/reset, but I still can not get the Bluetooth working.

From reading the forums I am lead to understand that the Bluetooth & WiFi share the same antenna.

Below are some of the software details I have been able to find out this phone.

Android version: 4.0.3
HTC Sense version: 3.6
Software number: 3.33.401.153
Kernel version: 3.0.16-g31a4fc7
Baseband version: 11.76A.3504.00U_11.24A.3504.31_M
Build number: 3.33.401.153 CL391535
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** LOCKED ***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.29.0000
eMMC-boot
Mar 2 2012,18:14:34
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone please give me any help and or advice to try and fix this problem.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2092952

Just turning on Bluetooth is the first step. The second is to allow the device to be visible to other devices. You can do so from the Bluetooth settings in settings.

Mar 4, 2014
sandsofmyst: Thank you for your reply.

Maybe I was not very clear in my post with regards to the bluetooth problems that I am having.

Bluetooth is enabled within the settings, But the phone can not see my bluetooth earpiece, and it also can not see my cars bluetooth radio.
Both of the above devices are seen, and can be connected to and used with an HTC One X, and HTC One M8 without any problems.

So there is clearly a fault with the HTC Sensation XE.

As said before I brought the HTC Sensation XE second hand, and do not know it's background.

I do not know if the bluetooth issue is hardware or software. But I am guessing that it would be a hardware issue.