[ROM][FF18]EpicTouchAOSPICSmod[NOW ODEXed](UPDATED 6/30)

Search This thread

ths_

Jun 24, 2009
If I am already on the previous version how can I flash this? The previous version updated my Recovery (was Rouge) to what seems like stock (which fails on flashing). I'm brand new to the S2, spent all my time on HTC devices before.

Edit: nvm, it seems like I need to reflash through Odin and then flash this. Sorry!

Last edited:

husker apollo

Dec 11, 2011
philadelphia
Flashed this over your last release and lost my market o_O

thats a dirty flash bro. he clearly states on page 1 u can't flash from previous releases and need to take several steps and full wipe.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Are there no issues using Titanium Backup to restore Apps that I backed up in Gingerbread?

i used titanium backup to put apps back on the last release no prob. i can pretty safely assume we'll be able to do it again this release.

elephant007

Mar 10, 2008
I'm going to flash this latest update to see if it solves the problem(s) I've been running into, the main one is either the phone takes some time to finally dial or it force closes like some other have explained

I still like this ROM lots! Thank you for the nice rom!

Reactions: tjohnsonjr

oddlou

Nov 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Mr. Johnsonjr, is it possible to add just the aosp contacts/dialer to another TW-based ICS rom relatively easily? If yes, can you describe how one might do such a thing. I will eventually flash your rom, but have just finished setup on Agat's rom and wanted to check out the google voice integration into the call log. Thanks in advance.

santos331

Nov 15, 2008
I just flashed this rom from el29 and for some reason I am still on the el29 modem but everything else is fc18. Did this come with the modem in it? I didnt see otherwise in the op.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

elephant007

Mar 10, 2008
Download Calks modem and update it through CWM recovery right after flashing this ROM, remember to do it in the same session

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Is there a mirror for the 3/22 build? The main download link isn't working at the moment.

Ill upload another link

I just flashed this rom from el29 and for some reason I am still on the el29 modem but everything else is fc18. Did this come with the modem in it? I didnt see otherwise in the op.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

No. It doesn't come with the modem. You can still flash it through ODIN.

Sent from my G Harmony v2.8 using xda premium

Reactions: Tazdeviloo7

jamesissocool

Jan 22, 2012
Tjohnsonjr...i didnt realize you were in Oside. Thats even better. Thanks man. Im diggin the update and so far everything is titties.

Reactions: tjohnsonjr

musikalharmony

Feb 1, 2011
Carebaretown
just flashed the update it was lagging pretty bad so ima restart my phone and let it sit for a min and then ill be back with more feedback to see if i got all the little hiccups out

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

the only thing i see that doesn't work is when i plug my phone up to my mac it won't bring up my phone so I can transfer stuff from my mac to my phone

globen

Jan 23, 2009
green bay
How do you get rid of duplicate contacts? I had a vcard to import but Google already synced my contacts. Help please!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT AOSP!!! THIS IS BASED OFF THE STOCK 4.0.4 Leak ROM

EpicTouch AOSPmod ICS v3.9.2

UPDATED(6/30)
    *Added VoiceSearch.apk back in

UPDATED(6/29)
    Updated to FF18 base(Odexed)
    *Added Jellybean 4.1 wallpapers
    *Added Goggle Car Home app

WHATS INCLUDED
    *Based off Stock Deodexed FF18 4.0.4 ROM
    *Stock ICS Launcher
    *Includes agat63 FF18 kernel
    *Remove Touchwiz and TW related widgets(This ROM is pretty bare bones)
    *Apks are PNG optimized and are ZipAligned at boot
    *CRT Animation
    *Ad free host file included
    *Enabled the Google Setup Wizard. Now you setup your Google
    *AOSP Contacts.apk-->Contacts and Dialer (This is NOT a themed Samsung dialer, its the actual APK from CM9)(The in call screen is still Samsung)
    *AOSP News and Weather(Genie.apk)
    *AOSP Clock app
    *AOSP Calendar
    *AOSP Email
    *AOSP Browser
    *AOSP Calculator
    *AOSP Keyboard
    *AOSP Live Wallpapers
    *AOSP Gallery
    *AOSP Sounds, Notification, and Alarms
    *Goggle Car home app
    *Torch App
    *Google Play Music app
    *Removed Kies
    *Settings.apk and SystemUI.apk are themed to look more ICS(Thanks ssconconceptz and Overstew)
    *AOSP lockscreen mod(thanks dtm_stretch)

HOW TO INSTALL

1. You cannot flash this over the stock ROM or any other ROM. You must do a FULL WIPE. Calk's format all zip works great.

2. Clockwork is the preferred method of flashing this ROM. DO NOT flash this ROM through Rouge recovery. So you will need to flash a EL29 repacked kernel, wipe everything and then flash this ROM. Sorry but its like that with ICS leaks. Remember that you will lose the custom Recovery after flashing this ROM.

3. I haven't tried the repacked Rouge FC18 kernel on this. If you try it, YOU MUST BOOT INTO THE ROM FIRST AND THEN FLASH IT THROUGH ODIN.

4.PLEASE give the kernel time to set in before posting about battery life. Its like that with any kernel

5. This ROM has been really stable. If you have any issues please post the following info:
    a)Did you odin/flash the EL29 repacked to flash this ROM?
    b)Which kernel are you using?
    c)Have you used the Stock FC18 ROM and had the same problem?

Wifi Tether(set to Galaxy Nexus): http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wifi_tether_v3_1-beta11.apk

SCREENSHOTS
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-21-03.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-23-11.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-21-20.png
    device-2012-03-19-153149.png
    device-2012-03-19-153218.png
    device-2012-03-19-153248.png
    Rom has been updated to FD24 base
    Its odd. I haven't experienced the bugs. Everything is working well for me coming from FC07. I installed according to OP. However, while in FC07 I did decide to format sd cards (internal and external) which should not have done anything but reclaim some storage but with the gps techniques being shown to work, you never know...

I really would like to stay on this ROM, but FC18 is sounding very tempting.

I'm working on the update to FC18