Votes: 49 43.0%
  • No, this not worked for me.

Votes: 38 33.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
Thanks a bunch for the idea, OP! It worked to buy free music, paid music, and now I bought a Nexus 4 bumper to test it for physical goods. If it works, I'll get a Nexus 4. Its really easy and I was breaking my head for a way to do this.

Also, a tip: There is a google chrome extension called proxmate, which makes google play think you are in the US, worked for me.

kualkerr

Sep 3, 2011
I'm trying to buy from the german store (outside of germany) and I'm having some problems.
Using Tor with a german ip, I add the N4 to the basket and try to checkout, but when I click "Proceed" ("FORTFAHREN" in german) I get a rotating circle and nothing else comes on.

I tried the US store also with tor and I get the same problem. However, with proxmate in the US store I can get to the checkout menu. Proxmate allows custom proxies, but I can't seem to find working german proxies.

Any suggestions?

edit: finally found a working proxy. Anyone else having the same problem: I recommend using proxmate with a proxy from proxynova (or any other site, but this one has a good engine for searching by country).

Last edited:

LegendBR

Aug 9, 2012
I'm trying to buy from the german store (outside of germany) and I'm having some problems.
Using Tor with a german ip, I add the N4 to the basket and try to checkout, but when I click "Proceed" ("FORTFAHREN" in german) I get a rotating circle and nothing else comes on.

I tried the US store also with tor and I get the same problem. However, with proxmate in the US store I can get to the checkout menu. Proxmate allows custom proxies, but I can't seem to find working german proxies.

Any suggestions?

edit: finally found a working proxy. Anyone else having the same problem: I recommend using proxmate with a proxy from proxynova (or any other site, but this one has a good engine for searching by country).

Had exactly the same problem as you. Solved using TunnelBear.

fzirie

Aug 18, 2011
Doha
Another Success

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just got my shipping notice for my 16GB Nexus 4 and bumper case that I ordered on Feb 1. I live in Qatar and use a shipping forwarder to get my stuff here. I used the same address from the forwarders as the billing address (card is local to Qatar) and hey presto! Nexus is on its way.

Good luck everyone and thanks to the OP.

"Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package UPS #1Z7F382V02XXXX1435. Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information."

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
finally at least some minor update for me

Feb 6
Google Inc. received your order.

Jan 29
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Jan 29. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to (my email)

Vrhovni Bog

Sep 4, 2010
Belgrade
I have few questions for those who have successively ordered from US Play Store - Do you have to open separate US google account or you can use your own? Also, does the name on the credit card has to match the name of the delivery address? I have ordered with my visa cc and entered my friend's US address, but basically under payment methods, there is my friends name on my credit card. Google wallet says 'pending' few days now, just wondering if this is going to work.
Used tunnel bear btw...

Last edited:

gadul

Feb 6, 2011
Bucharest
I have few questions for those who have successively ordered from US Play Store - Do you have to open separate US google account or you can use your own? Also, does the name on the credit card has to match the name of the delivery address? I have ordered with my visa cc and entered my friend's US address, but basically under payment methods, there is my friends name on my credit card. Google wallet says 'pending' few days now, just wondering if this is going to work.
Used tunnel bear btw...

No to your question.
- hidemyip vpn - trial
- US address was in both billing/shipping
- only my cc, name on billing

worked - orderes 29jan. delivery 6feb - 8gb version

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

finally at least some minor update for me

Feb 6

Jan 29
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Jan 29. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to (my email)

it will come;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
thanks but why does it takes so long

Your order has been sent to Google Inc..
Google Inc. is responsible for charging and shipping your order. Have questions? Contact Google Inc..

Feb 6

Jan 29
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Jan 29. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to

Buinitzky

Feb 11, 2013
Como comprar?

english
i used american express from venezuela, and i just bough the phone, by mistake i bought 2 (still i couldn´t since venezuelans only have 400$), but the second phone was rejected right away by google (i guess amex said nop), i can´t buy free song too, but i bought a book free

spanish
saludos, gracias por los buenos deseos, espero te pase la compra, y pues aca en venezuela solo tenemos 400$ al año para importar, sino hay que buscar dolar negro que vale muchisimo, 5 veces mas, no hice nada fuera de lo normal, quizas ya los celus se estan acabando, ni idea, igual toca esperar, la verdad se sabra despues, si compro canciones me da error, ah y yo vivia en san cristobal frontera tambien jajaja,.

Hola soy de venezuela y queria comprar el nexus pero no puedo acceder a la pagina de google play porque "el servicio no esta disponible en su pais" como hiciste con eso? , Gracias por tu respuesta

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
lee la primera pagina

-------------

finaly another update on my order but bad news

it was declined, my credit card is fine, i just tested on amazon, i guess it`s something about the billing adress or something

Your Google Order #with Google Inc. is currently on hold. An attempt to charge your AMEX xx for $387.42 on Feb 11 failed. This may have occurred because of insufficient funds, or as a precautionary measure against fraud. You may see authorizations on your billing statement for a declined charge. Occasionally, the authorization for a charge may be approved, but the actual charge for the order declined. Contact the customer service department for AMEX x for help with resolving this payment issue.

If you'd still like to receive this order make sure to update your payment information in your Google Wallet account, rather than placing a new order. If you place a new order with updated payment information, any pending orders will resume automatically. If valid payment information isn't provided within 7 days, the order will be cancelled. Update your payment information at
https://checkout.google.com/updateCreditCard

Once you've updated your payment information, you can verify that your order is processing by reviewing your receipt at https://checkout.google.com/view/rece

Last edited:

LegendBR

Aug 9, 2012
lee la primera pagina

-------------

finaly another update on my order but bad news

it was declined, my credit card is fine, i just tested on amazon, i guess it`s something about the billing adress or something

Your Google Order #with Google Inc. is currently on hold. An attempt to charge your AMEX xx for $387.42 on Feb 11 failed. This may have occurred because of insufficient funds, or as a precautionary measure against fraud. You may see authorizations on your billing statement for a declined charge. Occasionally, the authorization for a charge may be approved, but the actual charge for the order declined. Contact the customer service department for AMEX x for help with resolving this payment issue.

If you'd still like to receive this order make sure to update your payment information in your Google Wallet account, rather than placing a new order. If you place a new order with updated payment information, any pending orders will resume automatically. If valid payment information isn't provided within 7 days, the order will be cancelled. Update your payment information at
https://checkout.google.com/updateCreditCard

Once you've updated your payment information, you can verify that your order is processing by reviewing your receipt at https://checkout.google.com/view/rece

Try buying another thing from Play Store. Before buying the Nexus 4, I bought a book at the Play Store, and it charged my CC without a problem.

Have you allowed your card for international purchases?

tom1807

No idea whats going on with Google Play store, but I can buy now the Nexus 4 in my country which was previously not available.
I also can shop for Apps, Movies, Books and so on.
Google Wallet shows still that wallet is not available in my location, however, it accepts my orders in the play store.
Also nothing anymore like"This item is not available in your county"
I am located in Taiwan, so I am quite puzzled.
Can anyone test this in another country?

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
what is the cheapo thing i could buy in the store?

i just don`t get why google wait 7 days to try again with charging my credit card, so annoying is killing me

also did you put your name on the credit card somewhere? it seems you don´t need the name, just the numbers and cvc and expiration date, or am i wrong?

cpaixao

Dec 3, 2010
Sete Lagoas
Thanks to everyone who read and comment my thread! I've been helped a lot by a bunch of XDA members all these years and this guide I wrote is just a little piece for helping back the community.

Dont worry abt the estimated shipping dates, we all know that Google doesnt knows logistics as well it knows tech stuff. Once your device is ordered, it will come, sooner or later. I have my Nexus 4 in my hands now here in Brazil.

I am very satisfied that is working for everyone!

Thanks again to all you guys.

Last edited:

LegendBR

Aug 9, 2012
what is the cheapo thing i could buy in the store?

i just don`t get why google wait 7 days to try again with charging my credit card, so annoying is killing me

also did you put your name on the credit card somewhere? it seems you don´t need the name, just the numbers and cvc and expiration date, or am i wrong?

I did put my name on the cc. I don't remember exactly, but it seems I put it when it asked about the billing address, but not sure.

Thanks to everyone who read and comment my thread! I've been helped a lot by a bunch of XDA members all these years and this guide I wrote is just a little piece for helping back the community.

Dont worry abt the estimated shipping dates, we all know that Google doesnt know logistics as well it know tech stuff. Once you device is ordered, it will come, sooner or later. I have my Nexus 4 in my hands now here in Brazil.

I am very satisfied that is working for everyone!

Thanks again to all you guys.

Yes, your guide is great! Did you use any mail forwarding company, or you had someone bring it to you / traveled to the USA? If you used a mail forwarding company, what was it and how was your customs experience?

cpaixao

Dec 3, 2010
Sete Lagoas
I did put my name on the cc. I don't remember exactly, but it seems I put it when it asked about the billing address, but not sure.

(...)Did you use any mail forwarding company, or you had someone bring it to you / traveled to the USA? If you used a mail forwarding company, what was it and how was your customs experience?

Not for this time, but I did it early when I got my Nexus S from a eBay seller, 2 yrs ago. Customs in Brazil is hard to be fooled, but I got help from some experts from http://www.sc-liquidations.com .

For other countries IDK which service is better or worse.

csantiviago

Jan 31, 2013
Does anyone know if Google uses our carrier to check our country?

I bought mine days ago and somehow it knows I'm not in the USA, even if I use USA ip.

Not able to buy devices anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, as I promised, here it is! A full and complete, auto-explanatory thread, that will give you all directions how to buy anything from Google Play Store, even if you'll not located on US :laugh!!! :laugh:

First, a little common Q&A:

1 - Q: Is that that possible?
    A: Yes, not just possible but very usual and operative.

2 - Q: Is that easy?
    A: Double easy, just some steps.

3 - Q: Is that safe?
    A: Relativity, yes. Living is not safe at all.

4 - Q: Will I need to move to US?
    A: Of course not. Neither asking someone from there for buying that for you.

5 - Q: Does it needs an US credit card?
    A: No.

6 - Q: Does it needs an International credit card?
    A: Yes.

7 - Q: Will Google ship my device outside US?
    A: No, sorry. If you dont know someone that can take and deliver it to you, you'll need some forwarding service as US BOX, etc.

8 - Q: Is that Legal?
    A: I never had trouble with that, but I have to be honest here: No. Let me explain: Google Terms and Services which is found on http://play.google.com/intl/en-US/about/terms.html , read item 3.1. ; Also, you might read on http://play.google.com/intl/en-US/about/music-terms.html , item 5.2. But if you live outside US and have an Google Music account, Google Voice or whatever Google service that is only provided on US, you already stepped on these terms. However, you may want to create a new Google Account for doing this, avoiding any risks.

Well, have to advise you're the only responsible for your acts from here. You're aware of that..

Lets begin!
    snk-zankuro.gif

This method consists on faking you're living on US. For doing that, we'll need an International credit card for purchasing the product, an Google Account + Google Wallet account for accessing Play Store, and a tool which will fake an US environment. On purpose of adding security layers, you may need some additional tools and steps.

1 - Assuming you're already registered on Play Store and Google Wallet, log on at wallet.google.com and click on "Payment methods".
    Click "Add Card" or Account (add new credit or debit card)

Fill all fields with your card info, except "Address", which will attribute special attention.

On "Adress", you will need to set an US valid address. Google doesnt checks if is it US credit card - they cannot does that because many people that born on their countries, have accounts on theirs countries, jobs on US. Doesnt have US credit card or credit count, but have an US Address.That in mind, Google checks billing address.

Ok, that was the first step. Done? Great!

Now, because since Google released Music Store, their's security system "checks" your IP location for only agreeing to give access for US residents, we'll need to pretend there we are. Google will check this condition on some cases while you're logged on restrictive services as Music, Device Stores, etc, e.g when you will click to purchase something, or paying something, etc. That said, we'll need to keep logged as US resident until we get finished with what we're purposed to do.

Also, there are several way for doing that step (VPN, Proxies, etc) but I'll teach only one here - the one I think is most balanced between safe and easy to use.

EDIT: You can use Unotelly also. Its easier to configure. www.unotelly.com

The way is TOR. If you dont know TOR, pls research about it. You'll need to know some tips for running this the way we want, but basically, you'll need an US secure fingerprint. I recommend you chose an server thats is running on secure ports as 443 HTTPS, but despite all TOR data is cryptography, keep in mind that its not a guarantee that you're are safe, as you're still vulnerable to attacks techniques such as man-in-the-middle.

Also, you can read this for doing that http://www.guptamayank.com/how-to/change-ip-address-to-any-country-specific-ip-address-tor Otherwise, you'll need to be clicking on "Use new identity" every time 'till you find an US identity.

If you arent comfortable to use TOR, I'll have to advice you that its the safer free way, in my opinion, since you know well the fingerprint you're using. You also may want to pay some VPN service, or ask someone that lives on US for providing its computers as proxy for you, whatever.

Also, you may want to use Tails, which is the most complete and safe solution for that. Free. You'll need to download and burn it, so boot from it.

2 - Download and configure (or keep switching identities) TOR : https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en
    Launch TOR. Be sure you're using an US fingerprint and access play.google.com

3 - Now you can test if you're able to purchase something on US Google Play Store. You can do that by adding some free music. Free songs are counted and listed as *US$0.00* on Wallet. It will prove that you done.

Now that you notice you can purchase any books, songs, movies, on Play Store, you'll such as able to purchase devices as well.

As I said early, Google doesnt ships devices outside US. Find some forwarding service or ask someone on US to take it for you. No doubt that asking some friend for doing that is the cheaper choice, as you'll may need to pay taxes when device arrives in your country. But some forwarding services are very skilled on avoiding these taxes when product gets the customs.

4 - Have a nice shopping!

Zankuro02.gif

:victory:
    For people buying from Venezuela.

Before I begin I would like to thank cpaixao (yes I hit the thanks button lol) for this writeup and the idea.

This post is for those that are trying to purchase the N4 from Venezuela. I know that the majority of you guys have been having trouble attempting to purchase this phone. The issue arises due to circumstances that are unique to this country. We are limited to only $400 for internet purchases. The problem arises due to the fact that Google precharges your credit card something like $21 to insure that it is a valid credit card. Now as far as I know once they verify that it is a real credit card they reimburse this charge to the credit card company.

The problem that we have been having is twofold. The first is that that initial verification charge is not reimbursed to our accounts unless we formally ask for the reimbursement. We are not charged in our local currency but the amount is charged from our $400 limit.

If you remove the $21 from that amount then the phones cost including shipping surpasses the $400 limit, that is the reason why we receive the message that our order is on hold and that there was a failed attempt at charging our credit cards. I spoke with my bank and am currently waiting for them to reimburse the Google reimbursement to see if I can finally get my N4 paid for and shipped.
    You are not being rude, obviously I'm referring to this post which concerns me if Google checks credit card address when buying devices from play store.

Just tried buying a nexus 7 just to see if it works with my non us credit card and it worked for me. After my credit card was charged I cancelled the order. I guess we won't have any problems buying the nexus 4

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD
    Maybe I'm ignorant here, but I'm concern if Play Store purchases would work properly from your country, and as you say you have already the device in your hands, I'd like to ask you, if you don't mind answering.

I had a problem with this in other platform (WebOS), I just couldn't make any purchase with any non US credit card. I'd appreciate if you can tell me if you had any problem here (if you tried to buy something), you use a proxy to make the downloads, or you just download free stuff. Thanks a lot, and congrats on your new toy

Let me start off by saying that I reside in Hong Kong where the only content available on Google Play is apps. That means no Books, Music, Magazines, Movies and TV, and no Devices (i.e. Nexus).
    I've successfully purchased Music, Magazines, Movies, TV shows, a Nexus 7, and two Nexus 4's. So I'd say I'm quite alright with working around the restrictions.

If you want to download apps, there's no problem. If the app isn't available for your region, just use Market Enabler and you'll be able to get the app just fine. The only possible problem you'll encounter when it comes to apps is if the app is deemed incompatible with your device. I've yet to encounter an app that I couldn't get from Google Play because of my region.

The other stuff from Google Play may be problematic. If you use Market Enabler and a VPN, you'll be able to see them in the Google Play app. But you can only make purchases with a credit card that's linked to a US address. Furthermore, even if you are able to make the purchase, you may encounter problems with downloading the content you purchased.

Here's my own experience with purchasing Google Play content from Hong Kong.

Books: Downloading and viewing free books works fine. I've not tried purchasing books since I'm not too fond of the Google Play Books app and prefer using Amazon Kindle.

Music: Purchasing or even downloading free tracks requires a US credit card. Purchased music will appear in Google Play Music app where you can stream or pin (i.e. download for offline use) it.

Magazine: Purchasing anything requires a US credit card. Purchased magazines will appear in Google Play Magazine app. No issues with downloading.

Movies & TV: Purchasing anything requires a US credit card. Purchased videos will appear in Google Play Movies & TV app. Up until just fairly recently, downloading my purchased videos was impossible as long as I was in Hong Kong. I tried almost everything from using a VPN and Fake GPS. I just kept getting an error message saying "Couldn't download: This video isn't available in your country."
    About a month ago, I discovered that video downloads suddenly worked. Perhaps Google was preparing to expand its store. I don't know. But it works. I still have to use Market Enabler + VPN to access the relevant section in Google Play and I still need a US credit card to make purchases, but downloading even without a VPN works. I've since made several purchases all without issues.

For a lot of people, getting or faking a US credit card is the problem. I don't have a US credit card. All I did was added my American Express card details into Google Wallet. It's a real card and I used my real name, number, and expiry date. The only thing I "faked" was the billing address. I entered a US address of a relative and it works just fine.

If you're curious and want to see if making purchases and downloads would work for you, just try it out. If it doesn't work, just contact Google for a refund. A while back, I purchased a movie but wasn't able to download it as described above. I just honestly told Google of my situation and my purchase was refunded within a day.

By the way, you should know that if you're running stock ROM, the OS will automatically disable some apps that are region-specific. That includes the apps for Books, Magazines, and Movies and TV. You'll need to manually enable them on every boot if you want to use them. Or flash a custom ROM where this behavior is often disabled.
    Just wanted to let you guys know that this did not work out for me. My order status was "Pre-ordered" for about 8 hours and just now I just saw it as cancelled since they couldn't verify my credit card details since the billing address I entered isn't my real one... :rolleyes:

I am from outside the US having an non-US credit card. Here is what I did :

1) Accessed via unotelly (a dns based service)
    2) I have a US address google account and used that to create a google wallet account as well.
    3) I added my non-us based cc to the google wallet.
    4) To test if it works, I purchased a song and it worked.
    5) Yesterday, I was able to make the payment and cc was already charged.
    6) The status was showing up as "pre-ordered' for over 6 hours
    7) Right now it has changed to "shipping estimate 15th november"

Therefore I think I am good.